2021 IndyCar Miscellaneous Thread

Oh, you're right. I got completely turned around.

I was disappointed he didn't get a full time gig, but Santino has now got a really good part time gig with a great team. Hopefully he can turn that into a full season next year, and maybe get some good results this weekend.

I'm kind of a Santino fan because I love all the butthurt he caused in Europe. I mean, he redefined butthurt. Thing is, he got all the Euro weenies so upset, just by brushing his teammate's tire after a race, It was nothing. And then ...... everyone went apesh*t. When you see F1 drivers colliding on the straights, a little tire scrubbing on the cool down lap really should not be a big deal, except, that is, when it's an American. The people on the European forums lost their minds. They literally lost their stuff. Some of their butts are still on fire. Awesome.

So no, Santino did not get a fair shake over there because they would have let any Frenchman do the same thing and act like they didn't see it. So far the only person Santino has upset over here has been Daly, and Daly severely overreacted to the entire thing. As long as Santino keeps his nose clean, I'm gonna hope he does well.

When he's ready we can send him back over there to create some new butthurt.
It was definitely more than the on-track incident that got him suspended and essentially blackballed from F2. If it were as simple as that Vettel would've gotten a lot more punishment for the same thing with Hamilton at Baku. Driving the car back through the paddock on his cell phone, the alleged slurs against Maini, both a lot worse than what happened on track.

And he absolutely has beef with everyone at Andretti and a number of others in IndyCar but as long as he doesn't resort to some of the stuff done over there I don't mind him racing here, because he definitely has some talent and flair, particularly on the ovals.

Good on Santino, good opportunity to open some eyes for next season.

Not to mention, I like how HyVee is on the B2B train and seems pretty committed to racing now.
Good to just generally see the third RLL car anywhere outside of Indy too. The Race seems to think Antonio Felix da Costa might make an appearance or two after the FE season ends at somewhere like Portland or Laguna Seca.

Jeez, not sure how easy it is to run just the halo structure but if it’s that dangerous it’s worth exploring. That or they mandate something like the top secret cool shirt Andretti have developed that Herta ran at St. Pete. They finally mandated the overhead scoop this week but that doesn’t help much apparently.

Well, after NBC's terrible coverage last weekend I'm not sure how I feel about this. Hopefully Penske can pound his fist on the table and demand better respect for Indycar and the fans.

Well, after NBC's terrible coverage last weekend I'm not sure how I feel about this. Hopefully Penske can pound his fist on the table and demand better respect for Indycar and the fans.
compared to having the race on peacock or shecock whatever, I can't get on the whine train because NBC had to switch things around. I'm used to it. The only things that get me mad is when they don't broadcast it on another channel, and I am watching some stick and ball B.S. stretch 2 minutes into 20 with no chance of changing who wins the damn thing.

No serious competitive bidders unfortunately means there probably won’t be a rights fee increase paid to the series. On the other hand, maybe it’s more likely there’s another weekend or two where Indy and NASCAR share a weekend like they do at IMS now.

Tied for 5th in the standings, VeeKay is questionable for Road America this weekend. Seems like cycling is often unkind to racing drivers.

Andretti Autosport are expecting to make driver changes next season and stay at four cars:

More than likely Hinch and Hunter-Reay are pretty much gone, I see Askew (possibly) and Kirkwood taking those last two seats.

Andretti Autosport are expecting to make driver changes next season and stay at four cars:

More than likely Hinch and Hunter-Reay are pretty much gone, I see Askew (possibly) and Kirkwood taking those last two seats.
I wouldn’t be surprised if AMSP try to buy out Rossi either. If that happens it might be three cars for them. Need to work a lot on retaining DHL and Hinch’s sponsors if they can, like how they turned Gainbridge from Veach’s personal sponsor into a team one.

Devlin DeFrancesco has funding but I think he needs another year in Lights.

Silly Season stuff:

- Grosjean might be the top free agent of all, his name is attached to Andretti most of all
- Alex Albon is looking into coming over and rebooting his career, also mentioned most frequently with Andretti
- “an undeniable talent with a recent F2 title” has to be Nyck de Vries
- DHL probably staying on the #28 with a funded driver slotting into the #29 still
- Pagenaud is probably having to decide soon if he wants to stay full-time with another team like AMSP or if he wants to stick with Penske and follow the sports car track like Helio and JPM did

Plus a few other things. I’d bet a couple of things are decided by the time they get to Nashville.

Robin Miller always came across as a goofball but I realized that was his personality. When you listened to him you heard all the knowledge he had for the sport.

The IndyCar Series is doing very well and I can't wait to see how they'll race with 900 hp engines in 2023.
They're expecting a 28-car-field for Nashville.

The IndyCar Series is doing very well and I can't wait to see how they'll race with 900 hp engines in 2023.
They're expecting a 28-car-field for Nashville.
Some of those part-timers are going to make the Leaders Circle race really interesting down the stretch. The 45 and 06 have a good shot to steal money for next year.

Back
Top Bottom