2021 NASCAR video game by Motorsport Games

If you want a shooter, look at Insurgency Sandstorm. It has been a breath of fresh air and a throwback to old school Ghost Recon and Rainbow 6 games before they went whatever the hell they are now.

I actually bought it at launch, but haven't played it enough yet. Definitely seems promising though

Literally everything gets slaughtered on Youtube. It’s almost even with Twitter for being a social media cesspool.
ah I am not on YouTube enough to know what is a cesspool on there. I was just watching videos of people playing the game and they werent exactly complimentary about their experience.

So this guy, who has worked for a gaming company for, thinks that based on what he's seeing, compared to his own experience in the industry, that the company misshandled this game worse than any NASCAR game ever.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

So this guy, who has worked for a gaming company for, thinks that based on what he's seeing, compared to his own experience in the industry, that the company misshandled this game worse than any NASCAR game ever.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I’ll actually have a take after the game is officially released. So many people losing their **** over a pre-launch game that is only being given out to influencers.

This guy is talking about “these companies know months out where bugs are and theres no time to fix everything a week before launch” like Day 1 Patches aren’t a common practice currently.

Will a release patch fix every problem? Doubt. Do release patches usually fix the most popular bugs? Yes.

So it’s weird. The game was playing so different for him at first. Then a yellow happens, and it’s back to what it was before. But seems maybe some fixes happening? Or something?

So it’s weird. The game was playing so different for him at first. Then a yellow happens, and it’s back to what it was before. But seems maybe some fixes happening? Or something?

The ability to drive from the garage to on the track was pretty damn cool

Did anyone buy the new game?

Not yet. It sounds like there are way too many bugs needing worked out. Already talk of a second and third patch coming soon, so we'll see.

It is unacceptable that video games are released with so many issues, but that's the new norm these days.

@Snappy D check this out....

There's a number of other threads on that subreddit talking about how bad the game is at launch

Yea I've been following on social media, YouTube and Instagram. It's been a rough go, I was hoping someone here bought it and they could give a first hand account. It's so pathetic a game comes out like that. They had 2 whole years from NASCAR Heat 4 and they give us this garbage. They should be embarrassed with this effort and frankly I hope Motorsports Games receive sever financial windfall from it. As a gaming company that is supposed to make an authentic experience for the sport you dont put in rear view mirror, ability to set up a car pre race, track map AND ability to turn off steering assist? Pathetic. Keep in mind this is also the same company that is supposed to make us an Indy Car video game, the first one since like the early 2000's. Be afraid, be very afraid.

ha ha this is the best post ive seen about this game on the internet.
I've tried it. Still buggy as hell but improved a LOT with patches in last 2 days. Worst part is they fixed the not being able to turn off steering assist, but now it's practically unplayable without turning said assist on, at least with controller. kind of ironic. No rearview def sucks though. Decent but not good, but it may get there given the huge progress from the first patches. PS5 here. It still randomly closes with an error sometimes if I have it paused for a few minutes etc.

Last edited:
I’ll possibly check it out after maybe a couple releases. I don’t really feel like I’m missing out with first releases. Games that crash your consoles and glitch to no end don’t do much for me. From what I see and read this one’s not worth 30 dollars led alone 60+

NO game released in the past 10 years is worth buying within 3 months of launch. We are the "free" testers and the gaming companies take advantage of that by releasing patches after complaints. However, I do understand that complex games in today's world require an infinite amount of scenarios to perfect a game and I understand the need for patches; nothing today is as easy as Pong.

But.....an officially-licensed sports game should provide a premier representation of the sport. No NASCAR game has accomplished that since NR2003 on the pc platform. Even modern day iRacing is behind that game in many aspects.

I just bought this game for my PS4 with zero expectations and played it for a really confusing hour. I didn't hear the spotter going crazy, nor did I experience any nutty glitches like in all the streams. I just can't figure out how the heck to get the car around the track comfortably with a controller.

I jumped into a practice session at Charlotte and tried it with no assists at all, which was a complete disaster, and then I tried it with the Rookie level assists. With the steering help on Medium, the car just feels like it's on rails and is incredibly, unbelievably tight, especially off the corners. With the steering help on Low, it's pulling to the left on the straightaways and gets way too loose after a few laps with tire wear on, and I start sliding all over the place and nearly spinning out.

People love to knock the recent NASCAR Heat games, but I love how easy they are to just pick up and play and immediately have fun with. Heat 3 was the first one I tried, and I clicked with it immediately. Heat 5 has been a blast.

I have absolutely no idea what this NASCAR 21 game wants from me.

giphy.gif

NO game released in the past 10 years is worth buying within 3 months of launch. We are the "free" testers and the gaming companies take advantage of that by releasing patches after complaints. However, I do understand that complex games in today's world require an infinite amount of scenarios to perfect a game and I understand the need for patches; nothing today is as easy as Pong.

But.....an officially-licensed sports game should provide a premier repaid, resentation of the sport. No NASCAR game has accomplished that since NR2003 on the pc platform. Even modern day iRacing is behind that game in many aspects.
Although I haven't played Iracing much/don't have sim rig, or even wheel etc (due veto financial reason!), I am still a "hardcore" fan of nascar games as a gamer a heart and huge nascar fan. I have bought every single console one on release since I was 11 or 12 etc. Buy favorite of all time was Dirt to Daytona. As a kid I loved the presentation etc, especially the newspapers and stuff. Also for its time the dirt and especially modified racing was great and again of course very immersive as a young nascar fan. Annually I have played EVERY game basically on release day since on Playstation.

That being said and again, I have played ALMOST all of the console nascar games (on PlayStation - huge PS fan/supporter. I remember seeing so many complaints about Heat Evolution and the bugs etc. I remember it even being rather difficult using a controller (again I haven't owned a wheel etc since I was 10 playing on N64). While it was challenging, I don't remember experiencing so many of the bugs everyone complained about. I enjoyed the experience though wanted more (the meaningless $ in career and being Cup only etc.
This brings me to Nascar Ignition 21. I preordered and pre downloaded it to play at midnight when early access was made available. Immediately I had the game crash multiple times, along with not being able to disable steering assist etc (which I normally don't have much use for, to having been a nascar gamer for so Long - experience). As I mentioned they finally fixed that particular issue, but the car immediately spins when using a controller without it, which is very disappointing.

Just getting that out of the way as a major complaint of mine personally. Also of course yellow flags are way too lenient/rare, rto the point it is nearly impossible to cause one. These are major issues.

Otherwise, having played the game on early release and now having played it with two major patches in thew two days afterwards, I can say it has major potential, though is still lacking with the meaningless $ earned in career and lack of other series etc. Originally however it was literally nearly unplayable with crashing at almost every race etc. Pit stops broken. However with the two patches it is almost a whole new game again while still kind of "bare". It still doesn't even have stages, which must and I'm sure will be added in an update soon.

It still crashes and has a lot to fix, however the difference is night and day between the version I played on release night and the version after the first two patches (with more patches already confirmed to be coming.

While still incredibly buggy, it is amazing they were able to improve it that much that fast after release. The physics are great with the throttle control required at times and the graphics etc. I think while the game is still not great, the potential is there and they definitely could get it pretty close soon. The bugs seem to be being worked on at a comendable rate given the norm for this day and age.

Sorry for such a long post, just my honest thoughts and clear review on the game as one of the few here who have to tried it yet, to help you guys decide!

I just bought this game for my PS4 with zero expectations and played it for a really confusing hour. I didn't hear the spotter going crazy, nor did I experience any nutty glitches like in all the streams. I just can't figure out how the heck to get the car around the track comfortably with a controller.

I jumped into a practice session at Charlotte and tried it with no assists at all, which was a complete disaster, and then I tried it with the Rookie level assists. With the steering help on Medium, the car just feels like it's on rails and is incredibly, unbelievably tight, especially off the corners. With the steering help on Low, it's pulling to the left on the straightaways and gets way too loose after a few laps with tire wear on, and I start sliding all over the place and nearly spinning out.

People love to knock the recent NASCAR Heat games, but I love how easy they are to just pick up and play and immediately have fun with. Heat 3 was the first one I tried, and I clicked with it immediately. Heat 5 has been a blast.

I have absolutely no idea what this NASCAR 21 game wants from me.

giphy.gif
Honestly this definitely still needs worked on, but on PS4/5 with a controller, you pretty much need medium steering assist with the loosest setup in the game's current state. Also sorry for such a long post above, just my honest thoughts and clear review on the game to try to help you guys decide!

Honestly this definitely still needs worked on, but on PS4/5 with a controller, you pretty much need medium steering assist with the loosest setup in the game's current state. Also sorry for such a long post above, just my honest thoughts and clear review on the game to try to help you guys decide!
Ahh, okay. Thanks for the tip. I'll try that after work today.

Also, dude, you don't have to apologize for writing a lengthy post. Anyone who doesn't want to read it can just keep scrolling. I appreciate the insight. I'm glad I'm not the only one who's struggling with the game. 👍

I don't have a PS4 but I'm considering to buy a PS5 when Gran Turismo 7 comes out, maybe I will get this game as well.

How is NASCAR 14 generally rated among NASCAR games? Just curious since it's the only NASCAR game I played so far.

I don't have a PS4 but I'm considering to buy a PS5 when Gran Turismo 7 comes out, maybe I will get this game as well.

How is NASCAR 14 generally rated among NASCAR games? Just curious since it's the only NASCAR game I played so far.
I thought NASCAR 14 was fantastic with private online lobbies that used custom setups. There were occasional bugs, but it was my favorite NASCAR console game since Dirt To Daytona physics-wise

Welp, I tried. I set the steering assistance to Medium and went with the loosest setup possible. I even lowered the analog stick deadzone. The car just absolutely plows through the turns, to the point where it's not even fun to drive.

Oh well. I didn't really need those 60 bucks anyway. Back to Heat 5. :lol2:

giphy.gif

I impulse bought it today… haven’t played it yet but my expectations are low. My 18 year old copy of D2D bit the dust last month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welp, I tried. I set the steering assistance to Medium and went with the loosest setup possible. I even lowered the analog stick deadzone. The car just absolutely plows through the turns, to the point where it's not even fun to drive.

Oh well. I didn't really need those 60 bucks anyway. Back to Heat 5. :lol2:

giphy.gif
I definitely agree about plows etc, just hoping for more patches. That's why I said the loosest possible setup, then hope for a chance to make a pit stop for wedge, trackbar etc. All you can do. :(

Seriously the worst game ever released. How could they release such a pile of garbage? There's a good game in there just have to find it. I will hold out for another patch or 2 before I go trade it in but motorsports games should be ashamed.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I just did the exact same thing. :lol2:

Yeah, that's right, I hopped back on this game. I've gotten used to the tightness with Medium steering assistance now after racing at a few different tracks. The game's playable in its current state, and I'll keep playing it since I've already spent the $60 and therefore don't have anything to lose, but I can't recommend buying it.

Good to know it’s improving at least. I’m wIting for patch 3 to see where it’s at. I really, really want to buy it and for it to be good, but it’s still a bloody mess. I’m torn between buying on PC to use my wheel or for convenience of Xbox. From what little I’ve read, PC version seems more stable and not as buggy as console

I finally start getting used to this game with no assists, liking the way the car feels, getting used to racing around the spatial awareness-challenged AI, etc...so naturally, in response, it starts randomly freezing on me during races. 👎

giphy.gif
I dunno how you’re still doing it. I woulda chucked it out the window already

I dunno how you’re still doing it. I woulda chucked it out the window already
Like I said, they already have my $60, so at this point, I really have nothing to lose. The sad thing is, it's actually a decent game when it works.

In my particular case, I think the freezing has something to do with the pit stops. It's frozen up twice on me at Texas in 15% races once everybody started pitting. I tried racing with tire wear/fuel usage disabled, but that's not as fun for me.

I'm probably gonna have to turn off cautions, too. I've only gotten a few of them, but the game has no earthly idea how to handle them. Restarts are a hot mess.

I'm just baffled at how bad the game is and how incompetent MSG seems to be. I mean, at this point, own it and come out and say that the game released in this state because of a clause in the the contract with NASCAR that it had to be out by this date or lose the rights. You're doing far more PR damage to your corporate reputation by remaining silent. This game is a flaming dumpster fire. A very pretty one, but a fire still.

I bought Forza Horizon 5 yesterday, and it may not be NASCAR, but it's a damn good game. Satisfies my racing fix.

I bought Forza Horizon 5 yesterday, and it may not be NASCAR, but it's a damn good game. Satisfies my racing fix.
I've got iRacing for that. I need to check out Forza. I just don't dig the Horizon series because I prefer closed courses that are familiar, not open world music festival games. My gaming time right now is the annual level grind on COD and Battlefield comes out Friday...

I've got iRacing for that. I need to check out Forza. I just don't dig the Horizon series because I prefer closed courses that are familiar, not open world music festival games. My gaming time right now is the annual level grind on COD and Battlefield comes out Friday...

Yeah, I prefer the "Motorsport" games over the Horizon series, but I like this one better than the first four.

I went with Insurgency Sandstorm this year instead of COD or Battlefield. No regrets

Yeah, I prefer the "Motorsport" games over the Horizon series, but I like this one better than the first four.

I went with Insurgency Sandstorm this year instead of COD or Battlefield. No regrets
LOVE Insurgency. Played it on PC, then when it came to console I got my gaming friends into it and the co-op is a great time. If you like that tactical shooter feel, give the 10 hour trial of Hell Let Loose a go.

Have you played Codemasters' F1 games? F1 2021 is REALLY good, and even has an ejoyable story mode. Career mode is top notch.

Have you played Codemasters' F1 games? F1 2021 is REALLY good, and even has an ejoyable story mode. Career mode is top notch.

My buddy bought it and I played it a bit. It seems really good, I just keep forgetting to buy it myself lol

this game is the absolute $hit if you like sports car racing. I dont play it enough to be good at it, its incredibly hard on a controller but I had fun when I do play it
1636570845148.png

Back
Top Bottom