2021 NASCAR video game by Motorsport Games

Yeah, once I see in here, and the YouTubers I follow say that the game finally would be worth buying, then I’m sitting back. Didn’t preorder it as I got burnt to many times by doing that. So I was happy I didn’t when I saw how buggy it was. Hopefully they get it, because from gameplay I seen I do agree that potential is there.

If you guys haven't tried it yet, and want a fun game just to mess around with, give the Tony Stewart SRX Racing a try. I'm pretty picky on my racing games, but this one is actually fun just to mess around with and has a few different classes like the SRX series, dirt late models, stadium trucks, and 305 sprints. The driving is on the arcadish side, but it's just enough to be fun. It has a few tracks that you don't see much on games, like Nashville fairgrounds, stafford, slinger, knoxville, eldora and a few other real tracks.

If you guys haven't tried it yet, and want a fun game just to mess around with, give the Tony Stewart SRX Racing a try. I'm pretty picky on my racing games, but this one is actually fun just to mess around with and has a few different classes like the SRX series, dirt late models, stadium trucks, and 305 sprints. The driving is on the arcadish side, but it's just enough to be fun. It has a few tracks that you don't see much on games, like Nashville fairgrounds, stafford, slinger, knoxville, eldora and a few other real tracks.
Yep, that's a fun game to just hop on and jump into a quick race with. 👍

I’ve had it since it came out, really enjoy it

I saw that a new patch came out for NASCAR 21 earlier this week, so I downloaded it again tonight. I decided to move the steering assist up to Low and left everything else off. I was a little more careful around the AI and treated them like the similarly unaware AI in the newer MotoGP games. Shockingly, I was actually able to make passes on the inside and avoid the dreaded hooks in the right rear. I was prepared for any contact, and when they did touch me, the steering assist and my extra awareness and patience helped me out. Since there are no mirrors available in the in-car view, playing in the roof cam view definitely helps with visibility.

Cautions seem to actually come out now when you wreck someone or wreck by yourself (the AI hasn't wrecked on their own yet). The AI bunches up weirdly on the front stretch when you pit under caution, but I think the restarts may have been fixed - I didn't have to navigate through any massive packs of crashing AI cars. Also, I did a 25% race (which is a bit too long for me to do on a regular basis) at Texas, just to see if the game would freeze on me during the AI pit stops, as it had in the past. It didn't freeze on me, and I was able to finish the race.

Gonna play it some more tomorrow, but the early returns are looking good, boys! 👍

There is no saving face for this train wreck of a product. There’s nothing looking good about this sh*t it’s still a broken piece of sh*t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brother, the $60 is gone, and all the anger in the world, no matter how justified, won't bring it back. I'm locked in regardless and can no longer be saved. I still wouldn't encourage anyone to follow me down this path, but I have nothing to lose.

I see this game as the WWE 2K20 of NASCAR games. WWE 2K20 started out as a meme and then, over time and after a ton of patches, actually became a functional and not terrible WWE game. That would be the best case scenario for NASCAR 21 at this point.

I just got the weirdest glitch: booted up to try new patch. Went to career and continued. Signed with wood Brothers in the 21 for career. It put me in the 22 and started practice with the already damaged glitch. So IN THE WRONG CAR, and with initial damage. Wow. Just euthanize this poor thing

I just got the weirdest glitch: booted up to try new patch. Went to career and continued. Signed with wood Brothers in the 21 for career. It put me in the 22 and started practice with the already damaged glitch. So IN THE WRONG CAR, and with initial damage. Wow. Just euthanize this poor thing
Coincidentally, I've been in the 22 for a good portion of the day today and have actually been having fun. I did a nice 25% race at Watkins Glen. I haven't experienced any major issues yet, but I just do individual races and don't mess around with the career mode or anything. I also play with damage off.

On an actual gameplay note, I still can't seem to figure Charlotte out. I'm probably just pushing the car too hard or something, but after 12 or 13 laps, with the steering assist on anything lower than Medium, the car just completely loses rear grip. It hasn't happened to me at any other track I've tried yet - just Charlotte.

BoldFocusedDog-size_restricted.gif

Coincidentally, I've been in the 22 for a good portion of the day today and have actually been having fun. I did a nice 25% race at Watkins Glen. I haven't experienced any major issues yet, but I just do individual races and don't mess around with the career mode or anything. I also play with damage off.

On an actual gameplay note, I still can't seem to figure Charlotte out. I'm probably just pushing the car too hard or something, but after 12 or 13 laps, with the steering assist on anything lower than Medium, the car just completely loses rear grip. It hasn't happened to me at any other track I've tried yet - just Charlotte.

BoldFocusedDog-size_restricted.gif
Even on iRacing, Charlotte is a bugaboo for me. I can never consistently nail turn 3 entry. If you're doing it "right," it's a late entry with a slight lift after you've started turning. It's very weird. Even when I nail it and am fast, I burn the tires off and fade like crazy after 20 laps. Then I'm passed by aliens who are both fast and saving their tires. I don't get it at all.

On tracks like Charlotte, I usually sacrifice Turn 3s to set myself up for Turn 4. Go wide into turn 3, then set the car up to go low on the apex at turn 4 because turn 4 is a tighter turn than turn 3.

On tracks like Charlotte, I usually sacrifice Turn 3s to set myself up for Turn 4. Go wide into turn 3, then set the car up to go low on the apex at turn 4 because turn 4 is a tighter turn than turn 3.
Yep. It's a counterintuitive and weird entry imho. I force myself to wait to turn in to 3, cut down, lift, and pick throttle back up at the red Bank of America logo on the wall near the apex.

Honestly, this is why I'm still on iRacing. Dirt racing on this service is just way too much fun.

Attachments

• WeekendSlide.png
    WeekendSlide.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 108
Yeah, I'm really enjoying this game now. It's the only racing game I've been playing for the last few days. I've tried playing others, and I've just ended up turning them off quickly and hopping right back on this one.

I did myself a favor and set the traction control to Medium, just to eliminate some of the tediousness of feathering the throttle on a controller. It helps me out a lot on road courses and after those now rare occasions where I get hooked and turned or slowed down. No more of this while getting up to speed:

1d0cbabbf8c08c6c8e73c1b6144bf333.gif

I don't like that you can't set the level of tire wear/fuel usage to make yourself have to pit in 15% races, and I wish you could pick a race distance in between 5% and 15% (cautions don't come out if I don't cause them, so 15% races last a little longer than I want them to), but honestly, it's whatever. At least this thing's actually playable for me.

I actually started playing NASCAR '14 again. I didn't start a new career but decided to try the single season mode instead. I'll try to run all races at 50% race length and 85% opponent difficulty but I guess I'll choose a shorter distance for Bristol and Martinsville.
The car of my choice was #87 Joe Nemechek. At Daytona I was 5th in single-car qualifying but I had to start last after I got taken out in the duel. The was only one caution during the 100-lap race so I lost the draft twice. I didn't fall too far back since I tandem-drafted some lapped cars.
I managed to finish 7th by taking fuel only at every green flag stop. During the only stop under caution I only took two tyres so I managed to finish on the same set of left-side tires that I started the race on, even though I set tire wear at x2.

The Next Gen Test update just came out. It just allows you to drive BJ McLeod's Next Gen car at Daytona by yourself - a little preview of sorts before they fully implement the new cars into the game. I can't really judge the handling since it's just Daytona, but I like that you can actually see the gauge in the dashboard view now. No change in the sound of the car, sadly, as far as I can tell.

This update also came with a nice little bonus - the ability to turn off the camera shake feature. I've never been a fan of camera shaking in racing games, so I immediately turned that off.

Stages were implemented in a previous update. They make those 15% races a little more doable for me and split them up better. Apparently there was an issue with the stage points not being counted correctly, which they say has been corrected with this most recent update.

I almost did myself until I watched a YouTube video. The best console racer out right now is the iRacing World of Outlaws. Having a blast with it
I'm enjoying that as well after being initially skeptical. It's probably the hardest racing game I've ever played that isn't a 100% pure sim, but it's a lot of fun.

I'm enjoying that as well after being initially skeptical. It's probably the hardest racing game I've ever played that isn't a 100% pure sim, but it's a lot of fun.
The career mode is awesome. They and Codemasters (F1) have found a way to make clawing for top 15s extremely fun

The career mode is awesome. They and Codemasters (F1) have found a way to make clawing for top 15s extremely fun

I can't figure out the purpose of the "hire a driver" thing. There's really no timeline, so if you own multiple race cars you can jump around and do whatever you want without a scheduling conflict. I decided to do it just to see what happened. The driver finished 32nd, then a newspaper article popped up with a fellow competitor claiming he would fight me in the garage after I slammed into him during the race. Dude, I wasn't even in the race! But I checked the standings, and I got the credit for my hired schlub's poor finish. Lame.

Other than that small detail, it's a ton of fun.

I know that Road America, Bristol Dirt, and Gateway are already in NH5, but the issue is COTA and Nashville.

Even Portland, Knoxville, and IRP

I can't figure out the purpose of the "hire a driver" thing. There's really no timeline, so if you own multiple race cars you can jump around and do whatever you want without a scheduling conflict. I decided to do it just to see what happened. The driver finished 32nd, then a newspaper article popped up with a fellow competitor claiming he would fight me in the garage after I slammed into him during the race. Dude, I wasn't even in the race! But I checked the standings, and I got the credit for my hired schlub's poor finish. Lame.

Other than that small detail, it's a ton of fun.
With the timeline not being linear, it’s really pointless. I won the local Street Stock championship, and are at least competitive at regional level. So, I’m using my super late model to farm money to upgrade the street stock. 3 or 4 SLM races at $20k a pop, then go upgrade the street and try to win

IF you guys haven't tried it yet, they just recently released a "World of Outlaws dirt racing" on the xbox and playstation store. it's kinda like the Tony Stewart titles they put out, but IRacing is involved and you can tell a little difference. It's pretty fun just to mess around with, I really like the dirt late models.

IF you guys haven't tried it yet, they just recently released a "World of Outlaws dirt racing" on the xbox and playstation store. it's kinda like the Tony Stewart titles they put out, but IRacing is involved and you can tell a little difference. It's pretty fun just to mess around with, I really like the dirt late models.
That’s what we were discussing

Oh ok lol, I just glanced through the thread real fast and thought you guys were still talking about the Ignition game.

I almost did myself until I watched a YouTube video. The best console racer out right now is the iRacing World of Outlaws. Having a blast with it
the most fun racing game I've played in a while. I bought it a few days after it came out because I was skeptical and wanted to wait for reviews. Holy hell is this game so much fun, I am playing the 305 Sprints at the local level and having a ball. I can do a season of that in one sitting while my son takes a nap, it just goes by so quick. I cant figure out if you can run multiple vehicles at one time and not lose out on that week's race but I just tried the regional level for 305's. I also saw Kasey Kahne is in the game and that led me to his website where I might buy some of his WoO merch, is he running full time in the series? Sorry to be all over the place, but this game is the $hit, if anyone on here plays.... try this game!

wait what so its worth buying Heat 5? I didnt think Heat 4 was that bad.
I thought Heat 4 was great, and I think Heat 5 is a better version of Heat 4. If you liked Heat 4 at all, I think Heat 5 is absolutely worth it, especially now since the price has come down and we're getting that 2022 update.

@Mr. Gregory and I have been discussing the WoO game in the video games thread, but I think that's in the podium so a lot of you may not have noticed.

I was really looking forward to this game. Preordered it and paid extra for the season pass. I played a handful of races on release day with the controller, and enjoyed it enough that I decided to step it up a notch and bought a wheel/pedal combo and a seat/stand, for a nice entry level budget setup....

20220927-175839-HDR.jpg

This is probably the most fun I've ever had with a racing game. Absolutely loving it

Back
Top Bottom