2021 Silly Season

Not sure why some of these guys want to retire in their 40s as multi millionaires and still commit to weekly travel to BFE race tracks.

If I were in their shoes the only place you’d find me is buck nekkid in the Maldives.

My guess why they don’t retire and disappear; Whenever you hear ex stick and ball sports players answer what they miss the most it’s almost always “the locker room(garage), late night dinners/drinks and being a part of a team with friends and BSing”.
In this scenario Clints able to still feel involved, hang around the garage and be with his friends.
Also, Clint strikes me as a very high energy guy haha. I can’t imagine he wants to retire and just all of a sudden live a “boring” life.

just my 2 cents.

Some of the writers that cover NASCAR seem to think Briscoe will be the next driver for the 14. We'll see.

There has been reports that there may be a seat opening up in the 10 hauler. I'm thinking the 14 hauler driver may move to the 10 hauler and that would leave the 14 seat available for the 43 hauler driver to move to the14 hauler. Its, also been rumored that the 34 hauler driver has been waiting for the 43 hauler seat to become available and that the King has decided to cut costs after Bubba leaves so he is just going to let the 43 hauler driver do double duty and drive the 43 car also. The most sought after seat on tour is the 4 hauler but it has been reported there will be no moves there for the 2021 season. :D

There has been reports that there may be a seat opening up in the 10 hauler. I'm thinking the 14 hauler driver may move to the 10 hauler and that would leave the 14 seat available for the 43 hauler driver to move to the14 hauler. Its, also been rumored that the 34 hauler driver has been waiting for the 43 hauler seat to become available and that the King has decided to cut costs after Bubba leaves so he is just going to let the 43 hauler driver do double duty and drive the 43 car also. The most sought after seat on tour is the 4 hauler but it has been reported there will be no moves there for the 2021 season. :D
This is important stuff! I've been repeatedly assured that any hauler driver can win at any number of tracks.

That #34 seat is the hot one; the driver gets priority on the showers at Love's.

you forgot two or three stick n ball comparisons :idunno: :laugh:

Good To Know That. Is that because Penske has only 3 cars?
Xfinity drivers can run as many cup races as they like. no team can run a fifth car since 2016.
If Cindric exceeds a certain number of Cup starts he can't run for ROTY in 2022
I am not surprised, this is the first year he has done much.
It took him two years to win an oval race with Penske but given how he's dominated this year I'm not sure how another year with the uncompetitive Xfinity field helps him. I'm not complaining though, I'm happy MattD gets another shot in the 21.

I heard the xfinity 98 hauler driver has impressive stats when it comes to driving through the mountains in Tennessee and North Carolina, so impressive that he might be in line to take the Cup 48 hauler, the current 48 hauler driver may or may not want to leave the road after Jimmie Johnson’s departure from Cup racing...

Also there is some competition within the G section of Bristol’s con session stands, there is a great hot dog boiler who is being courted by Talladega Superspeedway

I heard it from a friend who is my step half sister's X boyfriend that he overheard the 22 Hauler driver is going to drive for Hailie Deegan. The 22 driver said he thought he could win driving the car.

Also there is some competition within the G section of Bristol’s consession stands, there is a great hot dog boiler who is being courted by Talladega Superspeedway
No! Not 'Frankfurter Frank'! I've been a fan of his since he was an alternate condiment spreader at Bowman-Gray! Will he be able to bring Valleydale with him or is their sponsorship tied to the track? He's been with ISC since he hit the big time. Geez, write it down: if he leaves Bristol for a NASCAR-owned track, I'm done with this lousy sport!!!!!! :mad:

5 (88) - Larson
14 - Briscoe
32 - Grala
34 - Lajoie
37 - Erik Jones
43 - Ty Dillon
77 - Haley
95? (Spire) - McDowell
96 - Brandon Jones

i think ty to the 43 is a good pick.i had jones.Hoping these are the changes for next year..... I hope Gaunt stays afloat with BJones's Rheem money.

No! Not 'Frankfurter Frank'! I've been a fan of his since he was an alternate condiment spreader at Bowman-Gray! Will he be able to bring Valleydale with him or is their sponsorship tied to the track? He's been with ISC since he hit the big time. Geez, write it down: if he leaves Bristol for a NASCAR-owned track, I'm done with this lousy sport!!!!!! :mad:

I heard he might be forced to boil Oscar Meyer dogs if he makes the transition down to Talladega. That is the one detail I think holding this whole thing up.

I personally think his best talent might be setting the condiments up. He makes sure the ketchup is stored at the optimum temperature the Heinz 57 label suggests. Not many others follow it as close as this guy

5 (88) - Larson
14 - Briscoe
32 - Grala
34 - Lajoie
37 - Erik Jones
43 - Ty Dillon
77 - Haley
95? (Spire) - McDowell
96 - Brandon Jones

Hoping these are the changes for next year..... I hope Gaunt stays afloat with BJones's Rheem money.
McDowell is currently having his best season ever, I don't think he'll leave FRM.
I'd say the 43 goes to LaJoie, Jones takes over the 37, Cassill joins GoFas and Preece returns to Modified racing.

Landon didn’t do anything special at FRM. I’d rather see somebody like Poole or Grala in the 32.

she's back to waitressing, The pole broke right when she was doing her step over toe hold. It will be awhile before she heals up.
Have you seen Becky Jo? She's so fat that when she pole dances, they have to bring in a redwood tree. Her thong is made from anchor chain. Her speciality is the Dance of the Seven Tarps.

I’m not entirely sold on Cindric as an oval driver, but fortunately for him, the series is headed in the road course direction which will be a huge benefit.

And yet a couple of the MOST experienced guys in the series have won about half the races this year. Jut a coincedence?
The 'most experienced' drivers got that way because they have the oldest cars. It's the cars that have the experience on ovals. There aren't as many road course races, so the cars don't get to run on them as often. ;)

I’m not entirely sold on Cindric as an oval driver, but fortunately for him, the series is headed in the road course direction which will be a huge benefit.
Made me think of JJ and the 1.5 milers all in the chase for many championships.
I doubt anyone could become a star at Road course tracks. Someone would put Villeneuve in a car just to ruin it. :sarcasm:

To add same races avg finish
Hamlin 1 win 10.8
Harvick with 2 wins 8.3
Chase 1 win 10

Erik Jones finishes since chase started
8-Darlington
22-Richmond
3-Bristol
8-Las Vegas
2-Talladega
3-Roval

7.3 avg finish

not bad for a lame duck driver, without a ride
I've been saying it for quite some time that I feel Jones might go to Hendrick. He's good and he has the personality Hendrick seems to want.

Reactions: Pat
I've been saying it for quite some time that I feel Jones might go to Hendrick. He's good and he has the personality Hendrick seems to want.
I think your right on and they are holding the news for the season final. #5 will be his number.

Just my feeling, but Larson to the #14 and that organization feels right and makes more sense than to Hendrick.
I agree that the fit between Larson and SHR "feels right and makes more sense" but Rick Hendrick moving Alex Bowman to the Ally-sponsored 48 makes me think HMS will sign Larson.

The Bowman move to the 48 makes logical sense under two scenarios... (1) HMS will downsize to three cars and the 48 has a great sponsor but the 88 doesn't... or (2) Ally Bank objects to HMS's new hire but is OK with Bowman. I believe Rick Hendrick let the cat out of the bag that he has a new driver and will announce it soon, so scenario (1) is ruled out. Under scenario (2), Larson is the most "controversial" new hire. If it was Erik Jones... well, what could make Ally object to That Jones Boy? So it must be Larson. Just my $0.02.

Also, do you remember Adam Stern writing that Steve Phelps and Jim Campbell and Kyle Larson all visited the Urban Youth Racing School in Philadelphia together? Jim Campbell = Chevy.

Back
Top Bottom