2021 Silly Season

The empire is growing again.
Last time they attempted a full Xfinity schedule they ran as an S&P most of the time and sold their team to Harmon in the middle of the year.
It's a smart decision though using a Ford body. Penske will be back, but SHR's Xfinity program will be up in the air. Maybe this could possibly lead RWR to get some needed Ford Performance ties.

You never know, this might be one of the better moves they make.

It's a smart decision though using a Ford body. Penske will be back, but SHR's Xfinity program will be up in the air. Maybe this could possibly lead RWR to get some needed Ford Performance ties.

You never know, this might be one of the better moves they make.
Do anyone even know what Rick Ware looks like

Do anyone even know what Rick Ware looks like
"Hello Friend."
1603128455906.png

I was hoping Corey would find his way into the 43. Seems like he has more sponsorship money than Jones. Oh well, good for Eric.

The 43 isn't as bad as people think. Bubba is 22nd in points. He's ahead of some decent teams/drivers. Erik is an upgrade. With some sponsorship money and more shop help, they could be a fringe playoff team, especially since Jones is pretty good on plate tracks and short tracks.

The 43 isn't as bad as people think. Bubba is 22nd in points. He's ahead of some decent teams/drivers. Erik is an upgrade. With some sponsorship money and more shop help, they could be a fringe playoff team, especially since Jones is pretty good on plate tracks and short tracks.
Cash App and Air Force are about that is all that's staying with RPM.

Not to mention another issue with RPM are equipment failures as well with multiple hub and transmission issues this year for the team. Bubba has averaged a 20th-21st place finish, that would be a good ballpark for Erik. I'm not expecting any miracles, but he will have some really good finishes. I hope the team recovers with some new sponsors as well.

Mechanical failures kept Bubba from being a fringe playoff contender as well.

It’ll be interesting to see how RPM is able to perform without Bubbas sponsorship money.

Well sounds like Larson to the 4th HMS car is really shaping up. I'm most interested to see what they'll put together for sponsorship

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Man. Really was hoping to see Larson there. He'd thrive under Tony Stewart. When Harvick steps away, I think Larson has potential to eventually take over as the #1 driver in nascar at SHR.

don't know about HMS

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I wonder if Briscoe will be lucky enough to be able to continue with his current CC??

I'm stoked about Briscoe. By all accounts, he is a guy who gets it. He never really had the financial backing to move up easily on his own and had to make an impression on Ford and then continue to perform to secure their support each year until now. I don't think he was at all exaggerating when he said if he didn't knock it out of the park this year he might find himself out of the sport shortly thereafter. He's great with the fans, a very humble kid, and I think SHR having a Hoosier again will be a popular move.

Hard to doubt it now that it is being reported by multiple unaffiliated outlets. It's the best seat remaining for Jones if Hendrick wasn't interested. The #43 would get the best driver they have had since...well, I don't know, but a long time. I hope they can provide him equipment to contend in, if not next year, then the year after that.
I agree that Jones is a talented driver but that pedal only goes to the floor so far and RPM’s equipment isn’t getting any faster.

I agree that Jones is a talented driver but that pedal only goes to the floor so far and RPM’s equipment isn’t getting any faster.

It's a step down for him surely. Thankfully the pedal to the floor races are only 17 out of 36 next year, and that includes the superspeedways where anything can happen. Jones has proven himself to be above average on road courses. If he outperforms the #43's recent results, it could lead to better opportunities there or elsewhere.

When Larson inevitably signs with HMS, I hope they keep the 88 going versus using the 5 or 25. Perhaps it depends on what Kyle wants but a lot of history with that number.

Back
Top Bottom