2021 Silly Season

Maybe running Cup part time for Chip when he’s not in Chip’s Indy Car?
You would think they'd have to have a sponsor willing to pay a lot per race. Purse money would be significantly down being a non charter team. It's not like you're willing to take a hit to develop a driver

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Maybe Johnson in a Rick Ware/Chip Ganassi partnered car? It’s either Johnson or McMurray or Cope.

Unless that D500 champ is bringing a fat sponsor, whatever RWR is paying to get him would be better spent on the cars. Unless it’s Bayne; he’s probably affordable.

What is scary is that Waltrip at his age is crazy enough to go for it. But it could be Bayne. He ran part time last year in the trucks which IMO was a level he could at least be fairly competitive.

I think Daytona is about 300,000 to start.
Understood but a champ is going to want a bigger piece of that pie. Is one likely to get better results in a RWR sh!tbox than a competent, cheaper X driver? I doubt even the Ghost of Dale could win a qualifier in their cars.

Understood but a champ is going to want a bigger piece of that pie. Is one likely to get better results in a RWR sh!tbox than a competent, cheaper X driver? I doubt even the Ghost of Dale could win a qualifier in their cars.
I keep thinking past champ provisional. I'm old

Looks like the number of competitive full-time Xfinity drivers is increasing again. Good to see that.
Jr's keeping all of his, JGR has added Hemric. Burton was strong for a rook and Jones probably had his best year, Kaulig is going to be in the thick of it and you never know what Seig and Brandon Brown will come up with to race.

He will probably have more success with that B.S. drama book than he had running a Cup team. He made a whole lot of mistakes, always underfunded to start with and then he jumped off the ledge.

I've been out of the loop all weekend. Who is supposedly willing to hire MW as a driver?

Talk about betting on the come, is unproven Johnson going to be any good in an Indycar? He has been painful to watch the last couple of years in cup. Kanaan? oh well. I'm watching anyway. Go Jimmie. :punkrocke
We shall see. I think the fire was gone in cup.

It seemed like he was out to lunch. The fire in his voice you heard from 2002-2018 over the radio was gone. I think it's no shock that in his last cup race, with something to race for, he pulled out a top 5. Jimmie still has the talent to win races as a pro race car driver.

It's too late for him to win in Indy though, imo.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

We shall see. I think the fire was gone in cup.

It seemed like he was out to lunch. The fire in his voice you heard from 2002-2018 over the radio was gone. I think it's no shock that in his last cup race, with something to race for, he pulled out a top 5. Jimmie still has the talent to win races as a pro race car driver.

It's too late for him to win in Indy though, imo.

As interesting as it should be to watch, I have to agree. I just can't see him having any success starting in his mid 40s. At least he's with a top team, he's got that going for him. It's not impossible, just not likely.

Tell ya what, if a mid 40's driver with no experience can start winning races in Indy his first year something isn't right, I don't care if he is 7 time. But it would be something if he starts running in the front pack. He would surprise the hell out of a lot of people me included if he did win a race. That's the fun of it seeing if he can be competitive

AJ, Allgaier, Gragson, Burton, Cindric, Haley. Xfinity title is going to be a barn burner

Don’t forget Hemric in the 18, Jeb in the 10 and Brandon Jones coming back. Plus whoever takes the 98.

Back
Top Bottom