2021 Silly Season

The only consistent championship winning drivers on track with Jimmie Johnson have been Tony Stewart and Kyle Busch. Nobody else has won multiple championships.
I agree. I also think Chase has a very legit chance to win his first one this year if he can have some luck fall his way when it is needed.

So Bubba to the 96, Larson to the 48, and I guess that leaves Erik to go to the 42. Idk who else Gannassi would look at, and they ain't hiring Ross

So Bubba to the 96, Larson to the 48, and I guess that leaves Erik to go to the 42. Idk who else Gannassi would look at, and they ain't hiring Ross
Bubba to the 96? I'm not sure that's a good idea...Denny and Toyota or not...

Why would Bubba go to the 96? Is Hamlin buying into it and/or JGR is gonna support it? I guess that would work since the 95 is closing down. No way Bubba would go there with the equipment they have now.

He’s good for a top 15 finish any given weekend. Enough to get some air time for his sponsors. Enough to make the playoffs. Enough to stay halfway relevant due to his personality. His days of consistently threatening for a win are long gone. He’s a sponsor wheel holder.

I don’t necessarily agree with that

Utter is reporting Bubba to GBR may actually happen. A GBR with a significant facelift, that is.

Once complete, a reorganization of Gaunt Brothers would include the acquisition of a charter, influx of new investors, new sponsors and expanded manufacturing support from Toyota, according to multiple sources who declined to speak on the record because the deal is not complete.

Utter is reporting Bubba to GBR may actually happen. A GBR with a significant facelift, that is.

That one kinda makes sense. When bubba announced he wouldn't be back in the 43 moody kept saying "or another that he believes will be substantially better next season"

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I think Bubba walking away from the 43 is a huge mistake.
At least with this organization he had some veto power and
could have pushed for some changes he thought were relative.
Going to another organization, especially if they rely on JGR, he will
have no backing and lets face it he hasn't done anything that gives him bargaining power.

I think Bubba walking away from the 43 is a huge mistake.
At least with this organization he had some veto power and
could have pushed for some changes he thought were relative.
Going to another organization, especially if they rely on JGR, he will
have no backing and lets face it he hasn't done anything that gives him bargaining power.
It's like what are you thinking? Bubba will never be a regular on a yota team. The possibility that they will clean both of them out before it is all over if past history has any say about it. Right now according to unnamed sources at Gaunt brothers, Toyota is "supposed" to be stepping up their support. Where have we heard that before?

Suarez to the 43 could actually make sense with them wanting to keep a 'minority" driver after Bubba leaves.

I think walking away from the #43 FOR THE #96 is a huge mistake. I hope Toyota isn't writing him a check that GBR can't cash.

I just can't understand why Toyota keeps trying to reinvent their "B" team. If they had done a better job of supporting the last two they had, they wouldn't be starting from scratch every couple years. That just doesn't seem like a recipe for success.

I think this kid has a bright future. Good hes going to stay with Chevy and is going to a pipeline for HMS

I'm thrilled to see a HUGE crop of Wisconsin drivers making a name this year in the lower series. They've always been the premiere state for racers not from the South. Mayer, Sauter, Kraus, Majewski, Bilicki, Ciccarelli, Retzlaff, Decker, and of course Kenseth (now Ross is back to racing as of this week). I've heard a few more will likely be entering the sport by 2022

It may well happen, but I'm just not seeing it for a host of reasons. I will also say he would not be MY pick, although HMS could certainly do a whole lot worse. Honestly NONE of the available drivers makes be giddy with excitement. Larson is a huge talent, but I still have a LOT of questions about him.

I just can't understand why Toyota keeps trying to reinvent their "B" team. If they had done a better job of supporting the last two they had, they wouldn't be starting from scratch every couple years. That just doesn't seem like a recipe for success.
It's a place for JGR to run their old stock without the expense of building new cars and they get to train their pit crew members. Toyota gets to try modifications to their motors without tipping off Nascar because they know the cars won't run high enough to be taken back to the center.
The other thing is if they want to try a radical
change they do it on that car. This is a great deal for JGR. SHR does the same thing as does RCR.

I think this kid has a bright future. Good hes going to stay with Chevy and is going to a pipeline for HMS

With all the young drivers at HMS, I don’t see anyone new coming to HMS for at least the next five years (excluding the current #48 situation).

I guess if SHR is bringing back Bowyer, it makes more sense if Hendrick is the main player for Larson.

I think nascar is so happy right now that he hasn't asked for reinstatement yet. They can't win in that decision. If they let him back people are mad because they're allowing a racist back. If they don't let him back people are mad because everyone else that's been suspended for racial slurs were only out a couple weeks.

I think nascar is so happy right now that he hasn't asked for reinstatement yet. They can't win in that decision. If they let him back people are mad because they're allowing a racist back. If they don't let him back people are mad because everyone else that's been suspended for racial slurs were only out a couple weeks.

Theres an argument to be made that “nascar not giving a damn about what other people thought of them” was a better nascar.

Nascar being a simp will be bland as ****.

Who are the people that will be mad and how will this affect NASCAR? I have not heard one negative comment about Larson racing dirt and the races I have attended he is very popular.

Who are the people that will be mad and how will this affect NASCAR? I have not heard one negative comment about Larson racing dirt and the races I have attended he is very popular.
Dirt is by far from the big stage. It sounds bad but the BLM or whatever crowd could care less about dirt. It's not on TV and attendance is small compared to others. When's the last time you even saw highlights from a dirt race on any major network?

When he reapplies I guarantee you that no matter what the decision is it will be big news in not only nascar, but all of sports.

Dirt is by far from the big stage. It sounds bad but the BLM or whatever crowd could care less about dirt. It's not on TV and attendance is small compared to others. When's the last time you even saw highlights from a dirt race on any major network?

When he reapplies I guarantee you that no matter what the decision is it will be big news in not only nascar, but all of sports.

I think you way over esmtimating just how much people are going to care, Larson wasnt a house hold name when it happened, he didnt stay in the news rotation for very long, BLM probably doesnt even care at this point, he got punished, I am sure that made them happy. Sure, him getting reinstated will make the rounds in the sports world, probably even MSM will cover it, but I don't see them giving it more than a few days of attention, thats all IMO of course, I could be very wrong.

Rick Hendrick moves a lot of GM product and has considerable influence with NASCAR and the RTA.

If Larson buys in and does some positive messaging, I’m sure Hendrick’s marketing department can take it from there. Larson to the 48 ... you can make a case for that.

I'm thrilled to see a HUGE crop of Wisconsin drivers making a name this year in the lower series. They've always been the premiere state for racers not from the South. Mayer, Sauter, Kraus, Majewski, Bilicki, Ciccarelli, Retzlaff, Decker, and of course Kenseth (now Ross is back to racing as of this week). I've heard a few more will likely be entering the sport by 2022
Ross is back racing? That's good news. It was a bit jarring to me that he never got more opportunities than he did.

If it does become big news when he is reinstated, I am still trying to understand how the people that "will be mad" affects NASCAR. NASCAR gets publicity from it, albeit negative, but I don't think NASCAR is going to lose any measurable number of fans and hopefully no sponsors because of his return. In fact, Larson very likely could bring with him a number of dirt fans that were not previously NASCAR fans.

Back
Top Bottom