2021 Silly Season

Early 2021 NASCAR Rankings
By Bob Pockrass

1605291200438.png
https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nascar/early-2021-nascar-rankings

Rick Ware Racing..the team that won't die... expands. IndyCar needs more back markers.

https://i.redd.it/d2v7np73lqy51.jpg

Hopefully this one won't catch fire 6 laps into the Indy 500

I see acquiring charters as the biggest hurdle to overcome

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
With all of the new teams coming in with this, Trackhouse, Spire, and the rumors of others being interested when the new car comes in 2021, I wonder if they may return to the days of some them having to earn their way in and some teams actually missing a race or two (other than the 500 which sometimes still gets good number of entries).

With all of the new teams coming in with this, Trackhouse, Spire, and the rumors of others being interested when the new car comes in 2021, I wonder if they may return to the days of some them having to earn their way in and some teams actually missing a race or two (other than the 500 which sometimes still gets good number of entries).
The purse payout is drastically different for non charter teams that I think it's near impossible to make the financial end of it work without a charter.

The purse payout is drastically different for non charter teams that I think it's near impossible to make the financial end of it work without a charter.

I think that depends on how much your paying for a Charter. The first sales were around 6 Million. If you paid that for a single car and ran 30th or worse, would you break even??
Nascar could enforce the rules and then stop teams from renting a charter. Run a car full time or lose the Charter.

I think that depends on how much your paying for a Charter. The first sales were around 6 Million. If you paid that for a single car and ran 30th or worse, would you break even??
Nascar could enforce the rules and then stop teams from renting a charter. Run a car full time or lose the Charter.
I don't think anyone is paying that price right now. Even then you have to remember that these guys don't have wind tunnel time, run used tires, have limited employees and have a very small fleet of cars.

Apparently RWR is making money doing it. You need to realize #1 for these guys is making money and #2 is running competitive

Surprising, but the amount of torn up cars may have had something to do with this move. Crashing 23 times in a season does help a case, but once again, it's risk vs. reward for JHN.

Wow, this is a huge surprise. He tore up a ton of cars this year (and also in trucks and Xfinity before) but he wasn't slow.
I guess his driving style became too expensive for FRM. Back to NEMCO now?

Wow, this is a huge surprise. He tore up a ton of cars this year (and also in trucks and Xfinity before) but he wasn't slow.
I guess his driving style became too expensive for FRM. Back to NEMCO now?
Actually, JHN said he's not returning. It seems like FRM was expecting him to stay, but maybe another opportunity came up for JHN.

My fault on the misinformation. I wonder where he is going next? It seems like he's going to make an announcement soon.

I’m confused. Lajoie seems locked into Spire.

Does this mean Ty Dillon is headed back to Xfinity or the 38 going on his own separate from RC? Grala to the 38 & Ty to Xfinity?

Or does JHN take his money to Gaunt & a charter for the 96?

I would be surprised if he has that much.
Spire has two charters plus the one they leased to Trackhouse, so they could run LaJoie and Nemechek.

I’m just confused who’s headed to the 38. Maybe Grala?

Does JHN take his money to the McLeod/Tifft team, Ty/Lajoie to Spire?

With more road courses on the schedule, I'm surprised no one has taken a run at AJ Allmendinger.
Since South Pointe and the #62 won't be running Brendan Gaughan at the plate races, maybe they'd be interested in running 'Dinger at the roadies?

Just a stray thought.

I wonder with BJ McLeod and Tifft's new team, I wonder if that would be the spot JHN lands?

JHN did take over for Tifft, maybe they became close after everything went on? JHN has money, Tifft might have some sponsors to bring in and Ford is backing that team. Could be an interesting spot for a very youthful squad.

I wonder with BJ McLeod and Tifft's new team, I wonder if that would be the spot JHN lands?

JHN did take over for Tifft, maybe they became close after everything went on? JHN has money, Tifft might have some sponsors to bring in and Ford is backing that team. Could be an interesting spot for a very youthful squad.
Unless he found a golden goose somewhere, IDK about Nemo having money, they were scraping for sponsorship back in the trucks. But it's a good guess. I can't believe Front Row was happy with his performance..but what the hey. One thing I like about Nemo, he keeps his head down and works for it.

Unless he found a golden goose somewhere, IDK about Nemo having money, they were scraping for sponsorship back in the trucks. But it's a good guess. I can't believe Front Row was happy with his performance..but what the hey. One thing I like about Nemo, he keeps his head down and works for it.
Death Wish Coffee, Fire Alarm, and Romco are still primary sponsors for himself that he brought in. Everything else was FRM backed sponsors, but we'll see what happens. He's certainly a hard worker and work ethic has never been an issue for him.

Just keeping cars in one piece is.

Back
Top Bottom