2021 Silly Season

Everyone seems to believe that Joe and Kyle wanted all these changes. I guess its completely possible that these guys didn't want to part of Kyle's team anymore. Given all his crew chief changes in the past it appears hes not the easiest guy to work with

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Everyone seems to believe that Joe and Kyle wanted all these changes. I guess its completely possible that these guys didn't want to part of Kyle's team anymore. Given all his crew chief changes in the past it appears hes not the easiest guy to work with

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I didn't want to be the first, but yeah it is obvious as hell IMO. And like most abusive people, it's not his fault. Stephens taking the whole crew with him..and the hauler too -snicker-

Sure bud. If he has a year like last year hide and watch.
You want him to fall on his face, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

We'll see, he had a bad season for his standards last season. I think Busch and Truex both will rebound a bit, maybe two or three wins for them this season.

You want him to fall on his face, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

We'll see, he had a bad season for his standards last season. I think Busch and Truex both will rebound a bit, maybe two or three wins for them this season.
Read what it says. IF he has a year like last year hide and watch. It won't be me deciding his fate.

One would think that Joe Gibbs and his management group would be more attentive to the thoughts and operational recommendations expressed here on the r_f NASCAR forum.

They ignored us when we demanded Hamlin’s head. Will they never learn?

One would think that Joe Gibbs and his management group would be more attentive to the thoughts and operational recommendations expressed here on the r_f NASCAR forum.

They ignored us when we demanded Hamlin’s head. Will they never learn?
nobody is calling for KDB's head. It's cause and effect for any top tier driver. Kez only got a one year extension. Ya think he will be around year after next if he goes winless? Whatever, the heat will be on unless they get some wins.

Your point will be made moot by 3 or 4 wins in 2021.

It’s easy to “forget” how good this guy is.

Read what it says. IF he has a year like last year hide and watch. It won't be me deciding his fate.
I did, he's a bit upset about it all. He's still going to have to familar faces in his corner, but the key here is to get Bell rolling out of the gate and not wait around. Kyle is a veteran who has been in for years, he'll be fine.

I can imagine Stanley/Black and Decker want to see this 20 car back in victory lane soon.

Your point will be made moot by 3 or 4 wins in 2021.

It’s easy to “forget” how good this guy is.
I believe it is you who say, your only as good as your last win. It's no different for him, and in fact I believe more so because of his flapping gums. That didn't make any difference how many wins he had with Hendrick. Lets face it. Team members are fleeing like rats in a burning shop (hic) at the cup level, and even more so in his truck company. Maybe this year can be his, "adversity" year. Kyle like a phoenix rising out of the ashes.

I’m actually rooting for Kyle Busch to bounce back. It’s more interesting with him in the picture.

The Denny and Kevin show last year was duller than dish water. Even with Chase getting hot and winning the championship at the end.

I’m actually rooting for Kyle Busch to bounce back. It’s more interesting with him in the picture.

The Denny and Kevin show last year was duller than dish water. Even with Chase getting hot and winning the championship at the end.
I'm rooting for Keselowski to get this second championship.

He was so close last year... I hope he and the 2 team can get it done.

I believe it is you who say, your only as good as your last win. It's no different for him, and in fact I believe more so because of his flapping gums. That didn't make any difference how many wins he had with Hendrick. Lets face it. Team members are fleeing like rats in a burning shop (hic) at the cup level, and even more so in his truck company. Maybe this year can be his, "adversity" year. Kyle like a phoenix rising out of the ashes.
Not quite. “You’re as good as you were last week.“

I believe he’ll get some W‘s this year. I’ll drag this thread out after the first one.

I'm rooting for Keselowski to get this second championship.

He was so close last year... I hope he and the 2 team can get it done.
Hard to believe it’s been almost a decade since his 1st title. We’re getting old.

I think Rick Ware needs to write a book

Dotter is excited for the partnership with RWR.

"This is our second season working together and with the great drivers RWR has, I think it makes for a great alliance," he said. "The No. 08 has been good to be, but decided to give No. 17 a try for 2021."

As of now, the No. 17 team does not have a driver settled in for the season opener at Daytona next week.

I think Rick Ware needs to write a book

Dotter is excited for the partnership with RWR.

"This is our second season working together and with the great drivers RWR has, I think it makes for a great alliance," he said. "The No. 08 has been good to be, but decided to give No. 17 a try for 2021."

As of now, the No. 17 team does not have a driver settled in for the season opener at Daytona next week.

This season, SS Green Light will focus primarily on Joe Graf Jr., now running the No. 07 Chevrolet full time. Meanwhile, the No. 17 car will run both Chevrolets and Fords, and will be prepped out of both race shops.

Focusing on Joe Graf Jr is the main mission as the only entry for Dotter, but the 17 is a collabrative project between both teams. So, the former 08 is now the 17.

Ware has a foothold in Xfinity, but without all of the preparation to do on his own. Which means saving money and keeping the guys of the former 08 team employed. This honestly is a very savvy move by both teams. I hope it works for them.

Sounds like JGR learned from their mistake when Suarez moved into the Cup 19. When Edwards left they totally stripped that 19 team down. The 19 team that Carl and Daniel drove for weren't even really the same team despite the number and sponsor staying the same. And clearly it hurt that team and took them a whole 'nother cycle (in poaching the old 78 team with Pearn) to get the 19 rolling again.

Now with C Bell they're actually giving their new young driver a solid team to contend with. At first glance it looks bad for KFB, basically inheriting the old 20 team that was the worst of the Gibbs cars. But we saw a similar move when Brad K got Jeremy Bullins and the old 12 team, which looked like a death sentence initially, but they still found success together in the shake-up. We'll see how Kyle fares with his change.

Overall in terms of average finish position and wins, Chase was outperformed in 2020.

The most jarring fact to me in that article is that Busch has worked with 5 crew chiefs in his 12 years at Gibbs. I find that astounding, that might be the most pressure packed job in the sport. Sort of one and done I would think. The sofa QB fan in me says that Preacher Joe made a mistake moving all of the 18 guys away from Kyle, they just won a championship the previous year and it does happen where a guy or team will have a bad season. The tea leaves were right for Kyle to have a bad season with the extraordinary times everyone was in last season and about to endure this season, so I would think Stevens and co would earn a pass. . But I obviously dont know the reasoning or thinking behind their decisions to swap crews, maybe Kyle pushed for it. I really hope he bounces back this year, hes one of my favorite drivers to watch each week, it was kind of boring with him winning only 1. Some enjoyed it, I didnt personally... hope he gets back to the winning ways.
could be any reason 1. Kyle gets bored 2. Team has had enough.

What I gather from this is that Adam understood that him and Kyle work great together during practice to make the car the best it can be, but without practice in 2020 they floundered around for the majority of the season. Going into 2021 practice still isn’t continuing so he made a decision to work with someone who might have a better chance at having speed without it. It also opens the door for Kyle to have a better crew chief who can do a better job working on adjustments sans-practice.

What I gather from this is that Adam understood that him and Kyle work great together during practice to make the car the best it can be, but without practice in 2020 they floundered around for the majority of the season. Going into 2021 practice still isn’t continuing so he made a decision to work with someone who might have a better chance at having speed without it. It also opens the door for Kyle to have a better crew chief who can do a better job working on adjustments sans-practice.

So it's a clear acknowledgement that the lack of practice was part / all of the performance problem for the #18 in 2020?

So it's a clear acknowledgement that the lack of practice was part / all of the performance problem for the #18 in 2020?
When your winning why change things? Kyle in practice gets the changes made to be able to race good. It seems to me that JGR ( Adam and Car Chief) was not bringing the right car to the track if they needed practice to set it up EVERY RACE. The only guy still with Kyle is the Car chief sooooooo have things changed? In todays racing they need to have the car race ready AT THE SHOP.

Amber wrecked her sprint car and broke her arm, and shes still at it. Her blood has motor oil in it I think! Good for her on this sponsor.

Back
Top Bottom