2022 Daytona 500 pre-race thread

Completely agree. Those Duel races were once a reason to take off work and start some day drinking. Races with purpose and Go, or Go Home implications. They were unfortunately neutered years ago removing the excitement they once generated. Damn shame.
I love night racing, but there was something special about racing on a Thursday afternoon knowing that only the most loyal were watching.

1644925578907.png

Can't wait. Love this sport.
Same. I'm fearing a single file line with no one wanting to risk their cars, especially in the Duels, but I'll be tuned in anyway. Maybe that Harley J. Earl trophy will coax them into racing late in the 500.

I knew it used to be some time during the work day. I used to sneak peak a live feed on my computer at work.
When I was in high school I used to get a library pass to try to get to a computer to follow the 125’s. Now this is very early 2000’s so I’d be on the Nascar website constantly refreshing to get updates. The kids nowadays have it easy streaming!

When I was in high school I used to get a library pass to try to get to a computer to follow the 125’s. Now this is very early 2000’s so I’d be on the Nascar website constantly refreshing to get updates. The kids nowadays have it easy streaming!

I always begged my mom to let me stay home from school so I could watch the Twin 125's, and she always said no. One year I didn't even mention the races, I just tried to fake sick that morning but she wasn't buying it lol

Maybe that Harley J. Earl trophy will coax them into racing late in the 500.
I think it will. I feel like much of the race will be run conservatively, but having said that, they really don't know how these cars will react. Much feeling out will lead to some interesting situations.

I always begged my mom to let me stay home from school so I could watch the Twin 125's, and she always said no. One year I didn't even mention the races, I just tried to fake sick that morning but she wasn't buying it lol
I'd take the day off not matter how busy. Didn't matter. That was a holiday to me. Still split early to make sure I am ready.

Breakdown of who or who did not bring backup cars.

It's about a 7 or 8 hour drive from Daytona to Charlotte.

• Wow
Reactions: Pat
It makes sense to preserve the car for the big race, aside from the front row, starting anywhere in the field is not a problem. Only a few cars are racing their way into the 500. Historically, one of the duels is conservative and the other... you know how it goes. Once the drivers start running they'll start racing. I think some drivers have the discipline to follow a game plan, others want to race, and some will get caught up in the nature of pack racing.

Brad Keselowski has by far the best schemes for this year. Every single one is gorgeous.

Back
Top Bottom