2022 Daytona 500 pre-race thread

When I saw the print showing how much adjustment they were allowing at the rear, the drawing was a mess, dimensioned by a third grader. There wasn't any plus or minus tolerances on the drawing, just .30. If that is all the teams had to go by I can see why they took advantage. With no tolerances that dimension became -.3, +.3 for a total wiggle of .6. That's a whole lot. Nascar meant a total of a positive .3 of alignment, but teams...

True. The first 4-6 weeks will be a hell of a game of cat and mouse between the engineers and inspectors. I suspect Penske will dominate early due to their V8 supercar program and it's similarities to this car.

I've thought about the Penske V8 supercar thing and I think it could be a double edged sword. Yes it gives you an advantage of working on something similar, but it might also hurt you being it isn't the same. You might spend a lot of effort heading in a direction that worked for the supercar and doesn't work for the next gen.

All of the Fords are going to be strong at Daytona. They already have had their noses altered by Nascar and they still are fast. They also have the best nose for pushing while Chevy and Toyotas noses are more pointed.

The number placement has already sold me. It makes these cars look faster and helps the less desirable paint schemes look a little more appealing. Jones' paint scheme is beyond help, though

Man, I didn’t get to watch practice yesterday and it’s already been mentioned, but I’ve never seen the cars bounce so much at Daytona. Rough, rough suspension setups

Reactions: Pat
Doubt that will be good to lock the Biff in but you never know

I wonder if NASCAR will change the downforce package and engine?

Have to see how they race first before making that judgement.

Grala knocks the Biff out

• Sad
Reactions: Pat
Villeneuve locks in with that...bet no one bet on that

Gragson looking good

Gragson and Villeneuve lock in

NY, TMT, MBM are the 4 cars for 2 spots. I’m not confident Carl Longs cars can find speed

Back
Top Bottom