2022 IndyCar News/Misc.

I was listening to an interview my local KTLA news reporter was doing with Jimmie Johnson in his pit at the LB Grand Prix this morning and he said the 2 things that is so much different between stock cars and Indy cars that he has to get used to is not having a spotter watching the whole track and how much more physical it is driving an Indy car with so much down force but no power steering. I never realized Indy cars were that much more physically harder to drive then a stock car...but it does make sense.

Darlington! :p

I wish someone would find a way to run Pocono safely but if it can't be done safely, I'd prefer it remain off the schedule.

I’m glad they’re looking at ways for all parties to promote better. I don’t think it’s ever been an issue of wanting ovals or not, but making them work financially, and simply opening the front gates doesn’t cut it anymore. Gateway typically does a good job and HyVee is doing a ton this year for Iowa.

I am curious about his comment about certain races that may not be wanted by their city anymore. My first hunch would be Toronto, a race in which the track and pit/paddock areas have been encroached upon by developments for several years now.

I'd like to see Milwaukee and New Hampshire added at some point. Sounds like some trimming on road course somewhere.

This is spicy, O'Ward wants to go a team to gradually move up to F1. Also, Jenna is reporting that Alexander Rossi will move to ASMP next season in a third car:

This will be interesting, I wonder if Pato will be willing to stay at ASMP after this season.

This is spicy, O'Ward wants to go a team to gradually move up to F1. Also, Jenna is reporting that Alexander Rossi will move to ASMP next season in a third car:

This will be interesting, I wonder if Pato will be willing to stay at ASMP after this season.
Pato is being ridiculous honestly. Andretti is a circus act and the only other team even possibly capable of taking him to F1. Penske or Ganassi won’t go after him until he can show sustained success and this season hasn’t started great. Dude needs to focus on IndyCar before he worries about F1.

AMSP would probably match 75% of whatever offers he’d get anyways.

Pato is being ridiculous honestly. Andretti is a circus act and the only other team even possibly capable of taking him to F1. Penske or Ganassi won’t go after him until he can show sustained success and this season hasn’t started great. Dude needs to focus on IndyCar before he worries about F1.

AMSP would probably match 75% of whatever offers he’d get anyways.
I think Zak explained it well, maturity is something we have seen with Lando. He expects the same thing with Pato, I really think Colton signing as the F1 development driver really hurt him. Pato has the raw ability, but as it was explained in the article, he has to step up and be the leader for the team. Bringing in Rossi would be fantastic and honestly Alex needs a refresh as well. It just seems like the past three years have been a bit nightmarish for him.

I would not be surprised to see Pato leave ASMP though, I really wouldn't to move to Andretti.

Arrow McLaren SP Chevrolets for Indy 500.
Pato O'Ward's No. 5 Arrow McLaren SP Chevrolet, Juan Pablo Montoya's No. 6 Arrow McLaren SP Chevrolet and the No. 7 Vuse Arrow McLaren SP Chevrolet of Felix Rosenqvist.
McLaren2022-indy-500-liveries-reveal.jpg

The car races so well change it?

I really wish they had planned for a new chassis a few years ago when they first decided on a new engine and then again when they decided on a hybrid system. The current car can only be Frankensteined so much, and they will need a new one sooner than later. They’re going to spend on retrofitting the car for 2024 and then spend on a new chassis a few years later anyways…

That looks like either something went wrong on the car, or it was a silly kind of accident you don't expect a four time winner to make.

Arrow McLaren SP Chevrolets for Indy 500.
Pato O'Ward's No. 5 Arrow McLaren SP Chevrolet, Juan Pablo Montoya's No. 6 Arrow McLaren SP Chevrolet and the No. 7 Vuse Arrow McLaren SP Chevrolet of Felix Rosenqvist.
View attachment 62727
I'm sorry, these look like they were colored by a six-year-old.

Rahal is 100% right on this. This is why I say, just let JJ do his thing in IndyCar. He's in the later portion of his career and has been honest about his whole process in learning. Now if *checks notes* Aric Almirola and David Regan are saying its easy...

Man, we need some seat swaps:

They’re suspecting something was different between the two days where they applied sealant to the track and then the pit/warmup/deceleration lanes last fall. They did a scan that confirmed different grip levels between the two surfaces. Very strange.

New Qualifying Format this year at 500.
Overkill, but I guess it’s good TV exposure for the top twelve, more specifically six. It is a tight window to get 18 runs in though, if someone wrecks do they get booted to to USA or something?

Back
Top Bottom