2022 IndyCar News/Misc.

FB_IMG_1657674045626.jpg

Foyt is in the running for a Porsche 963 GTP:

This is just so out of left field.

Marshall Pruett seems to believe Palou's deal with Ganassi was a two-year base deal plus two team-controlled options covering 2923 and 2024. If that's correct, Chip would seem to be in a strong position, assuming he hasn't done something stupid like miss a deadline or something.

OTOH, Pruett says F1 is Palou's "dream" so I wonder if there was an escape clause in the event of an F1 offer? And could Palou grasp that and claim McLaren is offering an F1 test so that at least muddies the waters?

I predict Palou will be driving the blue car next year... aren't they both blue?

Marshall Pruett seems to believe Palou's deal with Ganassi was a two-year base deal plus two team-controlled options covering 2923 and 2024. If that's correct, Chip would seem to be in a strong position, assuming he hasn't done something stupid like miss a deadline or something.

OTOH, Pruett says F1 is Palou's "dream" so I wonder if there was an escape clause in the event of an F1 offer? And could Palou grasp that and claim McLaren is offering an F1 test so that at least muddies the waters?

I predict Palou will be driving the blue car next year... aren't they both blue?

If his deal had a non-compete with fellow IndyCar teams it’s quite possible McLaren could win out, since the deal technically is with McLaren Racing - a separate entity who just happens have a majority stake in AMSP. But who knows how exactly his existing contract is laid out if both teams claim him for 2023.

I’d be surprised if he drives for CGR in the future. I think Palou airing his thoughts out to the public make it clear he doesn’t want to be there, and I can only imagine it’ll be a toxic work environment for the rest of the season. I could see this going to litigation, as Chip probably wants at least a sizable buyout that McLaren probably feel they have no obligation to pay.

So many guys are testing for that seat. Which ones are going to find there's nothing available to come back to?

Does Palou last the remainder of this season?

It was announced Palou will be racing at Toronto.
So, I'm not sure what the next step is after this weekend.

It was announced Palou will be racing at Toronto.
So, I'm not sure what the next step is after this weekend.
TK has some racing commitments in Brazil that would conflict with a couple of events, I’d watch for RHR to get the seat if it comes to that (hopefully it doesn’t). He’s the team’s official reserve driver iirc.

With IMSA at Lime Rock this weekend.... wish Indycar was there... it'd be a miniaturized version of Watkins Glen for those fast cars. Indycar having ZERO races in the Northeast is the biggest headscratcher in all of professional motorsports.

As long as Pocono is off the table Lime Rock is where they should be going, imo. Watkins Glen is cool but Lime Rock is super close to NYC and Boston.

With IMSA at Lime Rock this weekend.... wish Indycar was there... it'd be a miniaturized version of Watkins Glen for those fast cars. Indycar having ZERO races in the Northeast is the biggest headscratcher in all of professional motorsports.

As long as Pocono is off the table Lime Rock is where they should be going, imo. Watkins Glen is cool but Lime Rock is super close to NYC and Boston.
I agree they need to find a way to get back into the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic, but I’m not sure Lime Rock is it. That’d be an awfully small, fast track with lots of quick elevation change and I’m not sure something that fast will race again there, especially with the Andrew Palmer incident in a slower car.

Wish the series would add Phoenix & Pocono 500 and like VIR or something. But Roger, IndyCar mostly, and the teams seem don’t want 19-20 races.

Leaving Belle Isle for the Detroit Street has been a huge disappointment to me for this series.

Sounds like the Captain is involved personally, hope he gets it done.

Wasn’t ready for IndyCar to begin with. Borderline dangerous at points (Texas). Can’t say I’ll miss him if that’s the case, especially if Andretti go out and get someone better. Sounds like a lot of interest coming from F2 these days.

Several young Honda Super Formula drivers are also keen to follow in the tracks of Sato and Palou down the line:

However, if Devlin brings in this significant funding next year. He will be around in some capacity and could be considered for someone like a Foyt, Coyne, or even a Juncos-Hollinger. Devlin could really be a cog for helping a team go forward. Is Devlin horrible? Not at all, he's shown more flashes of speed than someone like Hinch last year or Veach before hand.

I really think Andretti should downsize to three cars.

Sad when this sort of thing happens but I understand when an opportunity comes up for a driver he/she has to grab it as it may not come again.

Back
Top Bottom