2022 Monster Energy Supercross

My local NBC channel doesn't list it. Guess it's Peacock TV for me.

Was about to make this thread and ask who else would be watching. Looking forward to a traditional SoCal opener. Should be an intriguing season with all of the changes.

Was about to make this thread and ask who else would be watching. Looking forward to a traditional SoCal opener. Should be an intriguing season with all of the changes.
After a reboot of my retired brain, think the local NBC channel quit covering the sport last season. No biggie with Peacock available. I watched first round prtice, then got distracted and forgot to watch 2nd. But according to Instagram Mookie was fast qualifier! I'd love to see his step it up and finish a season. He's been working harder. We shall see.

Rough sledding so far in the whoops. Two major casualties already.

One good thing about Peacock is way less commercials. Seen where CNBC is having sound issues.

Nichols going down and getting hurt is a major turn for the 250 class. He didn't look well.

Roczen looked excellent and for him it will be a matter of where his conditioning and stamina are at.

I'm not gonna make it to the main. Catch it on replay. I'm not the type of fan that quits watching if my "favorite" rider crashes out. Don't really have a favorite tho. Probably Mookie but most just want him to leave the sport healthy.

Great opening ride by Roczen. Will be interesting to see if he can sustain the performance over a full season. Webb gritty and tough as always. Was very impressed with Anderson until he got Barcia'd. Sexton probably has the most raw speed, but can't yet put full races together. He hung tough though despite the errors.

The 450 class continues to be remarkably deep, and the 250s very thin.

Great opening ride by Roczen. Will be interesting to see if he can sustain the performance over a full season. Webb gritty and tough as always. Was very impressed with Anderson until he got Barcia'd. Sexton probably has the most raw speed, but can't yet put full races together. He hung tough though despite the errors.

The 450 class continues to be remarkably deep, and the 250s very thin.
Sexton needs to do what Mookie did last season. Goal: finish every race. Shoot for 5th NOT first. Just not gonna happen. Take what the night gives you. Winning is a learned skill. You aren't gonna out-speed these guys.

And Musquin is an azzhole. Took Mookie out like a petulant child. If you wreck yourself, what is the point?

And Musquin is an azzhole. Took Mookie out like a petulant child. If you wreck yourself, what is the point?

That was dumb and unnecessary, especially since Marv clearly had great pace last night and didn't need to force that pass.

I also wasn't a fan of what Barcia did to Anderson after Anderson passed him clean, but I guess that's Bam Bam for you.

Tomac was very quiet, and has a lot of work to do if he's going to be any threat to Roczen and Webb.

That was dumb and unnecessary, especially since Marv clearly had great pace last night and didn't need to force that pass.

I also wasn't a fan of what Barcia did to Anderson after Anderson passed him clean, but I guess that's Bam Bam for you.

Tomac was very quiet, and has a lot of work to do if he's going to be any threat to Roczen and Webb.
I was traveling last weekend, but got the race on DVR. Good to see plenty of fans in the stands.

Marv's move on Malcolm was uncharacteristic for him. It made me wonder if it was payback for something we didn't see on TV. And I agree about Barcia's move on Anderson. The difference is Marvin doesn't often ride like that, but Barcia does.

I think there will be plenty of "noise" from Tomac. He got a bad start and was mired deep in the field. He will have better days. I'll be very surprised if Roczen can make everyone else look slow every week, like he did in this first race. If he does, well that will be boring to watch because he certainly was in his own zip code last Saturday.

Only thing you midget guys have missed is Roczen biffed in whoops during qualifying and about had his head knocked off by Sexton.

Stank-dog made the 250 main on the 125. No red-flags so far.

Having a hard time maintaining interest in this 250 class. I hope the East group has more depth. It's nice to see Christian Craig have success after some rough breaks, but it's also weird to see him back in the developmental class.

Nice rebound by Anderson from last week, he's really strong. Points race is wide open with Roczen misfortune and medicore race for Webb.

do you guys know why in practice the riders pull into the infield a guy stops them for a second then sends them back on the track??

Watching Mains on USA this week. I'll never understand how these guys get thru the first lap or so. So many bikes so close together. And now they cut away from live racing to a rider talking about his coach.

Anderson looks really good on that Kawasaki

He sure does, but bitten by circumstance again. He deserves better than his results so far.

Nice for Sexton to finally close the deal and capitalize on the promise of his speed. Tomac with a solid if unspectacular second. Good clean top five for Malcom. Musquin was sure terrible after leading the first lap.

Daniel Blair on play-by-play is a huge improvement over Leigh Diffey. Zach Osborne guesting also provides some good bits of analysis.

Good 250 race for the win between Craig and Mosiman. Hoping the 450 main coming up will be another exciting one.

Tomac has his mojo back and takes a statement win, passing Anderson to do it. That was an unfortunate incident between Anderson and Roczen. It looked incidental and like a true racing incident, but it was nice to see Anderson take the blame given that Roczen's race was ruined.

Sexton continues to run up front in third. Strong ride for Ferrandis and Malcom was solid in fifth, but a tick off the frontrunners for sure. Webb still looks underwhelming, but somehow is still in fourth only 12 points out. This title fight is wide open.

Tomac has his mojo back and takes a statement win, passing Anderson to do it. That was an unfortunate incident between Anderson and Roczen. It looked incidental and like a true racing incident, but it was nice to see Anderson take the blame given that Roczen's race was ruined.

Sexton continues to run up front in third. Strong ride for Ferrandis and Malcom was solid in fifth, but a tick off the frontrunners for sure. Webb still looks underwhelming, but somehow is still in fourth only 12 points out. This title fight is wide open.
Now that I have Peacock, I might have to pay more attention to Supercross again.

Fun series and was an enjoyable race.

She really knew her stuff too. The commentary she added was not generic and had merit. Really a good group all around, and the B team is better than the A team in this case.

Glad to see the Triple Crown format back tonight, I think it's a fun and legitimate change of pace.

Back
Top Bottom