2022 Silly Season (Non-Dibenedetto Edition)

Nice to see people pull for drivers other than because they win.

My dad before told me about this Jeff Gordon fan, and when Gordon went through his first major slump and wasn’t winning the dude was like “if he doesn’t start winning I’m going to have to find another driver.” Which always struck me as weird.

My dad before told me about this Jeff Gordon fan, and when Gordon went through his first major slump and wasn’t winning the dude was like “if he doesn’t start winning I’m going to have to find another driver.” Which always struck me as weird.
Those late 00’s early 10’s were tough. Never thought about switching allegiances though, still weird sometimes he’s not out there

I started with Davey
then whomever was in the 28 car
28 car went away
then Newman
now Jones n Kyle

I started with Davey
28 car went away
then Newman
now Jones n Kyle

Davey was who I rooted for as a kid too, didn't really have a favorite after he died untill Jimmie in 02. Now I root for chase and Larson.

I started with Davey
28 car went away
then Newman
now Jones n Kyle
Newman is still out there. Did you stop rooting for him because he’s no longer competitive?

Yes, that's VERY weird IMO.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, there's a lot of fair weather "fans" across all sports. When their team (or driver in this instance) is no longer performing up to their expectations, they jump off the bandwagon. I don't understand that.

The trick is to start rooting for a driver right as he goes into a 7 year winless streak then winning is appreciated not expected

Newman is still out there. Did you stop rooting for him because he’s no longer competitive?
Newman most likely is done
Sure he’s got some races left and the dude needs a win before he’s done, would be fitting for him to win Daytona

now …means going forward

Yes, that's VERY weird IMO.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, there's a lot of fair weather "fans" across all sports. When their team (or driver in this instance) is no longer performing up to their expectations, they jump off the bandwagon. I don't understand that.
That's not true about Toronto Maple Leaf fans, most people alive can't remember their last win. :)

I'm not really much of a hockey fan, but the Leafs are MY team, because in 1979 the neighbor lady gave me one of those tabletop hockey games with the players on the rods, and the two teams were the Leafs and the Canadians. I liked the blue uniforms, so I ALWAYS played their side and that became my NHL team. My real favorite hockey team is my local Fort Wayne Komets, one of the legendary minor league hockey teams in the US and the 2021 ECHL champions!

Hey guys, a sixth place finish for the no talent hack Matty D.............. I wonder how many more of these before somebody at Penske realizes they may have goofed.....
Too little, too late. Last week, a guy came out of the B Main and won the Cup race.

One of them has a job next year. The other doesn’t.

I so miss the old BGN days when it was a neat mix of up and comers and BGN lifers, and all the great tracks that Cup DIDN'T go to like Hickory and Myrtle Beach, IRP and Nazereth. Jason Keller, David Green, Robert Pressley, Dennis Setzer, Tommy Ellis. It was just a simpler time and seemed so much more fun. It was it's own unique product and not Cup Lite like it is now.
Same with the truck series. The sport was much better overall when each of the top three divisions had their own identity.

I got a question for y’all, and think of this as FANS not getting in the mind of a team owner, but FANS.

Do you only like a driver if they win? Like if a driver isn’t a winner are you not going to be that guys fan just because of that?
I was a big fan of Ted Musgrave and Dave Blaney...until Ryan came along it was many years to know what a Cup win as a fan was like. I am also a big Jennifer Jo fan...so a truck win is out of the question.

Bump. The other one is entirely of one driver now. Maybe we can put various Silly Season things here???

Bump. The other one is entirely of one driver now. Maybe we can put various Silly Season things here???
I tried salvaging it. I’m sad my 2022 Silly Season thread was torpedo’d. Is this thread a safe space?
1634990132363.gif

Back
Top Bottom