2022 Silly Season

Never gave it a moment’s thought.

David Pearson roont that ride for everybody that came after him. 😇
So can’t even give an answer. So guess Matt couldn’t either. So totally easy how he could see maybe with everything else changing that could also. :) thanks for playing.

So can’t even give an answer. So guess Matt couldn’t either. So totally easy how he could see maybe with everything else changing that could also. :) thanks for playing.
Probably should have asked Penske himself. Could have saved a lot of trouble instead of taking it to the social media

Probably should have asked Penske himself. Could have saved a lot of trouble instead of taking it to the social media
That’s the only fair point here. The whole “he was told last year.” **** is dumb. Since plenty changed in that time. Which a lot of you over look. Last year Brad was staying in the 2. Austin was going to the 21. Of course then Matt should know. But if Brad is leaving then surely either that seat or the 21 will be open. Someone has to fill it. Can’t blame a guy for thinking what he was told could change when every single thing else did.

That’s the only fair point here. The whole “he was told last year.” **** is dumb. Since plenty changed in that time. Which a lot of you over look. Last year Brad was staying in the 2. Austin was going to the 21. Of course then Matt should know. But if Brad is leaving then surely either that seat or the 21 will be open. Someone has to fill it. Can’t blame a guy for thinking what he was told could change when every single thing else did.
Who said Brad was staying in the 2? Being offered a multi year deal and only signing a 1 year deal one could say the writing was on the wall.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Who said Brad was staying in the 2? Being offered a multi year deal and only signing a 1 year deal one could say the writing was on the wall.

The fact that Austin wasn’t announced for the 2 car when you know an open car at Penske would be his? Which was proven when an opening in the 2 became his.

Why can’t you and others see that? Every single thing else changed. I guess you would just think one of the rides is being shut down if it was you lol.

The fact that Austin wasn’t announced for the 2 car when you know an open car at Penske would be his? Which was proven when an opening in the 2 became his.

Why can’t you and others see that? Every single thing else changed. I guess you would just think one of the rides is being shut down if it was you lol.
I'm a thinkin us others could see more than a certain other can see. When the man said before covid that Matt was good for one year that's what it meant. Covid gave Matt another year he wouldn't have had otherwise. It matters little when an owner like Penske had to bow down a bit to keep Menards for another year and that mutt Paul wanted Matt in the seat. That deal was good for one year only. I believe all 4 seats could be open and Matt wouldn't have been considered. Don't know the reasoning but it's there.

I wasn’t aware that I was obligated to have an opinion on who or what would occupy the seats in the 2 and 21. Neither was I aware that we were “playing.”

Matt couldn’t cut it. 😇 He and a lot of other people. You’ll have that in the wonderful world of auto racing.

there’s just nothing fans can do about this. Usually a driver with fan support behind them(like burrito has) get Cup owners throwing offers at them.

In this case we have a driver that clearly has a group of supporters out there, but not one of them is a person who owns a Cup car apparently.

I’m a bit surprised that not ONE single offer has popped up in the wires the last month or so for Matty D. I mean I don’t expect a top team to make any moves for him… but there are many other teams out there who I kinda expected to get him by now

I’m not sure what that itself really means

Like I said, he’s likely gonna have to move down a series for a year. That’s fine. He can go there, hopefully run good and show something. Then get back to Cup. I 100% believe in him.

We get it.

Like, not trying to be that guy as a lot of people are passionate about Matty D. Just it sucks, it does, however if he lands in a good position where ever he goes and shows out...

He can get back to the Cup level.

Like I said, he’s likely gonna have to move down a series for a year. That’s fine. He can go there, hopefully run good and show something. Then get back to Cup. I 100% believe in him.

I mean each person in the world would look at it differently… but I personally like the idea that guys like Elliott Sadler played out… they didn’t get the results they wanted in Cup so the focus shifted to Xfinity. I honestly think that would be pretty cool to go to trucks or Xfinity and be a top name.

Like Crafton in trucks… hell, I’d wanna be the face of a series if I could.

I feel like Matty could be the face of trucks or Xfinity easily. He does have a support system… I’m starting to think it’s ONLY online tho. I don’t mean it as a diss for him… but he really could be the badass who goes out and wins everything in trucks and that would look cool.

I mean each person in the world would look at it differently… but I personally like the idea that guys like Elliott Sadler played out… they didn’t get the results they wanted in Cup so the focus shifted to Xfinity. I honestly think that would be pretty cool to go to trucks or Xfinity and be a top name.

Like Crafton in trucks… hell, I’d wanna be the face of a series if I could.

I feel like Matty could be the face of trucks or Xfinity easily. He does have a support system… I’m starting to think it’s ONLY online tho. I don’t mean it as a diss for him… but he really could be the badass who goes out and wins everything in trucks and that would look cool.
Yeah I mean I be fine with that also tbh. Nothing wrong with being a bigger fish in a smaller pond.

As soon as Cindric was announced for the 21, we all knew it was just temporary until a seat at Penske opened up. Brad's departure to Roush just expedited the timeline.

I don't think Dibenedetto was ever in the long term plans for Penske or the Wood Brothers. Simple as that.

I have firmly established myself in the "Penske was up front and told him a year ago how it was going to be" camp with my posts, but I see the opposing point. If I were Matt and desperate, I would have seen the change in Brad's situation being an opening and sliver of hope. I think this entire thing boils down to Matt and his fans (maybe rightfully so) taking it as a slap in the face that he was being replaced by a questionable legacy rookie that brought $$$.

Really hope he gets that open Kaulig Xfinity ride. Maybe they reconsider and let him full-time in Cup

Gonna be interesting to see who ends up in the competitive Xfinity cars.

JRM #1 Annett?
JRM #?? Berry
JRM #7 Allgaier
JRM #8? Mayer
JRM #9 Gragson

RCR #2 Snider?
RCR #3/21(?) Creed

Gibbs #18 Hemric?
Gibbs #19 Jones?
Gibbs #20 Nemechek? DiBurrito?
Gibbs #54 Ty Gibbs

Kaulig #10 Burton?
Kaulig #11 Z Smith? DiBurrito?
Kaulig #16 Allmendinger

Penske #22 Gilliland? "All-Star" car?

SHR #98 Herbst?

Allgaier, Mayer, Gragson, and Berry have all been confirmed.

Hemric's funding is on a year to year basis. Hopefully Poppy Bank stays with him, if not he could be in trouble. Another positive is Hemric and the Brendan Gaughan's family are close as well. Maybe that could be a sign for him to move again because they did sponsor Hemric for a year after BG reitred from full-time racing.

Herbst, I have a feeling stays in the 98. Where does Preece fall in this picture being a KHI driver?

Nemechek has two options. He could be an option for the 20 car or Sam Hunt's 26 car. We shall see.

Kaulig I could see Jeb Burton, Z. Smith, and Dinger depending on how he feels in possibly dabbling in Cup racing again.

Matt D would be a perfect fit for Jordan Anderson IMHO. He should be able to be in the top 15-12 every week, also a consistent driver for the 31 team and not a constant change in driver.

Sleeper team... Our Motorsports, Moffitt and Ty Dillon in the 23 would be a great team to build around.

Snider is interesting, RCR or his relationship with Ryan Sieg's team in the 93 or 83 could be great in helping that team propel forward with Ford Performance's backing.

Kaulig I could see Jeb Burton, Z. Smith, and Dinger depending on how he feels in possibly dabbling in Cup racing again.

Matt D would be a perfect fit for Jordan Anderson IMHO. He should be able to be in the top 15-12 every week, also a consistent driver for the 31 team and not a constant change in driver.
I thought AJ was already confirmed to continue running Xfinity full-time and Cup part-time for Kaulig.

Anderson's team has been doing really well for their first season but if Matt D goes back to Xfinity I hope he gets a ride that allows him to contend for wins on a regular basis.

Preece replacing Herbst in the 98 would be a great idea IMO.

In theory Preece in the 98 would be good but the whole idea of that program is to develop drivers. IMO he doesn't need anymore development he needs a ride.

In theory Preece in the 98 would be good but the whole idea of that program is to develop drivers. IMO he doesn't need anymore development he needs a ride.

Always one of the unknowns in Xfinity. Not too many holding on to veteran drivers for very long, but yeah Preece would be fun to see in a decent Xfinity car. I think that is his talent level (don't kill me Preece fans)

That was my understanding. I think Dinger isn't interested in a full-time Cup ride.
I thought AJ was already confirmed to continue running Xfinity full-time and Cup part-time for Kaulig.

Anderson's team has been doing really well for their first season but if Matt D goes back to Xfinity I hope he gets a ride that allows him to contend for wins on a regular basis.

Preece replacing Herbst in the 98 would be a great idea IMO.
Yeah, I forgot about AJ not being interested in Cup full-time now.

Always one of the unknowns in Xfinity. Not too many holding on to veteran drivers for very long, but yeah Preece would be fun to see in a decent Xfinity car. I think that is his talent level (don't kill me Preece fans)

Fans? Why'd you add an "s"? 😂

Not sure it’s really an upgrade but you never know. IMO it smells more like Wheels got fired from the position and Bootie has the experience to hold the team together until 2022.

Wheeler is the new director of competition.

I have firmly established myself in the "Penske was up front and told him a year ago how it was going to be" camp with my posts, but I see the opposing point. If I were Matt and desperate, I would have seen the change in Brad's situation being an opening and sliver of hope. I think this entire thing boils down to Matt and his fans (maybe rightfully so) taking it as a slap in the face that he was being replaced by a questionable legacy rookie that brought $$$.
Yeah, I'm with you.

I understand that he was "told that" under the assumption that BK wasn't leaving, like some people have said. But no one, including Matt should be, assuming that he will suddenly keep a ride now that a seat at Penske opened up. Matt has some talent and I'm sure he will end up somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

What's your guys' expectations for Chastain at Trackhouse next year?

We're seeing now that he can race competitively when he has fast cars.

If he maintains the way he's been running, he should be a regular contender. Of course there's the one big variable going into next year for everybody, so who gets it figured out the soonest and best?

Really an unknown at this point. New car, kinda a new team, haven't announced any alliance yet (believe they intend on having one). Hes shown a ton of promise this year hopefully well

Back
Top Bottom