2022 Silly Season

prove it. By his calculations and now yours that includes 80 drivers and 90% of that leaves 72 silver spoon drivers. give it your best shot.
You don't have to believe it, I really don't care. What do you want, me to present every contract in the garage to you for personal review? It's common knowledge in the garage, and going back to this Jake Paul thing, if he wants a ride all he'll have to do is run a handful of late model and ARCA races and then he could get into a truck no problem as long as the check clears. The barrier to entry for the truck series is lower than people think, again, because really all you need is money.

Almirola to retire at the end of the season. Hmmmmmm......

Sucks for SHR, loosing their only guy who can win lately

Maybe Preece can jump into a full time car in ‘23 and have a shot. I don’t really see many others with upside moving into ‘23. I look for Aric to get the SHR team a victory on the schedule in ‘22

Last edited:
Almirola's career track is pretty wild.

JGR development driver to DEI. Then bounced around for a while and ended up performing well enough at RPM to get himself a seat at SHR.

Never stopped, never gave up and earned his opportunities. He's had a pretty good career, nothing wrong with leaving it behind and leaving on his own terms is great. Yeah, he had Smithfield, but gained them later on in his career.

Definition of "pay drivers" would help me understand your statement.
Drivers who have to guarantee % of sponsorship funds to secure their job as a driver on their own, or have family/friends businesses pay their portion towards their job as a driver

It's not unpopular. It's your 90% number we're questioning.
It's probably not that far off. How many teams hire drivers without sponsorship, just on pure talent? Like we hired this guy and we have no idea who will be willing to sponsor them. Whenever there's an announcement it's always " and sponsor x is coming with them"

Top level teams I can think of Larson, which Rick sponsored himself and Ryan Preece, which JTG had an abundance of sponsors and needed another car.

It's not unpopular. It's your 90% number we're questioning.

2021 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series ROTY Contenders:​

• No. 02 – Kris Wright – Young’s Motorsports - PAY DRIVER
  • No. 1 – Hailie Deegan – David Gilliland Racing - PAY DRIVER
  • No. 18 – Chandler Smith – Kyle Busch Motorsports
  • No. 42 – Carson Hocevar – NIECE Motorsports

New FT Teams for 2021 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Season:​

• No. 04 – Roper Racing – Ford F-150
    • Cory Roper - PAY DRIVER/Parents Own The Team
    • Chase Briscoe
  • No. 12 – Young’s Motorsports – Chevrolet Silverado
    • Tate Fogleman - PAY DRIVER
  • No. 25 – Rackley WAR – Chevrolet Silverado
    • Timothy Peters
    • Josh Berry - PAY DRIVER (spot rented by JRM motorsports)
  • No. 41 – Cram Racing Enterprises – Chevrolet Silverado
    • Dawson Cram - PAY DRIVER/Parents Own The Team
    • Cody Erickson - PAY DRIVER
  • No. 44 – Niece Motorsports – Chevrolet Silverado
    • Jett Noland - PAY DRIVER
    • Ross Chastain
    • James Buescher
    • Conor Daly
    • Kyle Larson
    • Bayley Currey
    • Logan Bearden
    • Morgan Alexander

New PT Teams for 2021 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Season:​

• No. 17 – David Gilliland Racing – Ford F-150
    • Taylor Gray
    • David Gilliland
    • Ryan Preece
    • Riley Herbst
    • Bill Lester
    • Kevin Harvick
    • Donny Schatz
  • No. 32 – Bret Holmes Racing – Chevrolet Silverado
    • Bret Holmes - PAY DRIVER/Parents Owns The Team
    • Sam Mayer - PAY DRIVER
  • No. 37 – AM Racing – Chevrolet Silverado
    • Brett Moffitt
  • No. 39 – Diversified Custom Concepts – Ford F-150
    • Ryan Newman
  • No. 62 – Halmar Friesen Racing – Toyota Tundra
    • Jessica Friesen - HUSBAND FOOTING BILL/Husband Owns The Team
  • No. 66 – ThorSport Racing – Toyota Tundra
    • Paul Menard - OG PAY DRIVER
    • Ty Majeski - PAY DRIVER
  • No. 72 – CMI Motorsports – Chevrolet Silverado
    • Sam LeComte PAY DRIVER
  • No. 82 – Young’s Mototsports – Chevrolet Silverado
    • Toni Breidinger - PAY DRIVER
  • No. 91 – Carroll Motorsports – Toyota Tundra
    • Justin Carroll - Parents Own The Team
  • No. TBA – Hattori Racing Enterprises – Toyota Tundra
    • Max McLaughlin
  • No. TBA – McAnally-Hilgemann Racing – Toyota Tundra
    • TBA

And drivers like Taylor and Tanner Gray are a pretty "gray" area as there are rumours that the gray family are investors in DGR

• Chase Briscoe
    • Timothy Peters
    • Ross Chastain
    • James Buescher
    • Conor Daly
    • Kyle Larson
    • Bayley Currey
    • Logan Bearden
    • Morgan Alexander

• Taylor Gray
    • David Gilliland
    • Ryan Preece
    • Riley Herbst
    • Bill Lester
    • Kevin Harvick
    • Donny Schatz
    • Sam Mayer - PAY DRIVER
    • Brett Moffitt
    • Ryan Newman
    • Sam LeComte PAY DRIVER
    • Max McLaughlin
    • TBA
even with this chart I guess you could call it that, for the statement of 90 % to be pay drivers in Xfinity and Trucks to be anywhere close to being a true statement, it only takes a total of 9 drivers who aren't "paying" for a ride for that statement to be false. A quick glance at that chart shows way more than that. Maybe if they throw dirt on themselves, drag their knuckles on the ground and slobber while saying I am so sorry I have more then two quarters to rub together.

Is Josh Berry a pay driver? Idk about that one. I definitely agree that pay drivers makes the sport less relatable

even with this chart I guess you could call it that, for the statement of 90 % to be pay drivers in Xfinity and Trucks to be anywhere close to being a true statement, it only takes a total of 9 drivers who aren't "paying" for a ride for that statement to be false. A quick glance at that chart shows way more than that. Maybe if ey throw dirt on themselves, drag their knuckles on the ground and slobber while saying I am so sorry I have more then two quarters to rub toget
8 separate drivers per team does not add to the number of teams not using pay drivers

At the end of the day 90% of the field in trucks and xfinity are pay drivers, both of these new age celebrities checks will cash just as easy as the other silver spoon drivers.
90% of 80 drivers means 72 drivers are pay drivers leaving a total of 8 drivers total from both series that aren't

90% of 80 drivers means 72 drivers are pay drivers leaving a total of 8 drivers total from both series that aren't
I believe you said that 90% of the Xfinity and Truck drivers pay for their rides. Is that not correct now?
So which do you want to argue about? the 7 drivers in the Niece and 8 in the DGR truck, I am sure add to the pay driver side of things

So how many drivers do you feel are in the seat because they are the best available driver ? With your logic the 50th best driver in the country would be in the 10th best xfinity seat

So which do you want to argue about? the 7 drivers in the Niece and 8 in the DGR truck, I am sure add to the pay driver side of things
What is a stretch on that so called chart are among other things, because they come from a racing family in which they own the team they are pay drivers lol. If that isn't grass roots racing I don't know what is. Sorry I'm done, I'll drag my knuckles somewhere else this is B.S.

Sorry to bother you. can't believe I am forcing you to reply. You are correct in a sport where every square inch of everything in the sport is sold, why would I think lower level teams would sell the seat, and the opportunity to showcase to the highest stage of racing to these drivers.

I mean does anybody think these drivers are paying for a ride or are they getting paid to drive a ride? Should be over 8 there without breathing hard.

1641840839926.png
1641840996020.png

You don't have to believe it, I really don't care. What do you want, me to present every contract in the garage to you for personal review? It's common knowledge in the garage, and going back to this Jake Paul thing, if he wants a ride all he'll have to do is run a handful of late model and ARCA races and then he could get into a truck no problem as long as the check clears. The barrier to entry for the truck series is lower than people think, again, because really all you need is money.
Lots of people forget the fact that even in the truck series, you have teams you can race for that cost you about $10k a race, and you have teams that would charge more the $100k for a single race

Lots of people forget the fact that even in the truck series, you have teams you can race for that cost you about $10k a race, and you have teams that would charge more the $100k for a single race
more people forget apparently that there are teams that pay big bucks for a driver to race their car

Apparently you do, you commented on my post stating my opinion, but because your opinion and my opinion are not the same, you had to comment.

Forums work off of opinions and point - counter point discussions on specific
e yep, and my opinion was that your post was B.S. and it was, time to move on. No hard feelings from this end.

Sorry maybe its 80%, not 90%

Does that make you feel better about the state of the sport?
I'm not sure what statistical accuracy has to do with the state of the sport. That's a separate issue.

I'll concede that if you include part-time drivers that the percentage is higher that I would have concluded for full-time drivers alone. I'm still not seeing 90%.

• Chase Briscoe
    • Timothy Peters
    • Ross Chastain
    • James Buescher
    • Conor Daly
    • Kyle Larson
    • Bayley Currey
    • Logan Bearden
    • Morgan Alexander

• Taylor Gray
    • David Gilliland
    • Ryan Preece
    • Riley Herbst
    • Bill Lester
    • Kevin Harvick
    • Donny Schatz
    • Sam Mayer - PAY DRIVER
    • Brett Moffitt
    • Ryan Newman
    • Sam LeComte PAY DRIVER
    • Max McLaughlin
    • TBA
You can add anytime Jennifer Jo runs a second truck its a paid driver.

I mean does anybody think these drivers are paying for a ride or are they getting paid to drive a ride? Should be over 8 there without breathing hard.

View attachment 60070View attachment 60071
Sheldon Creed's grandfather owns a massive construction company and funds his career. Noah Gragson has sponsors but they don't cover the cost of the full season so he's on a hybrid deal where his family pays the remainder. Just Haley, another family money. Daniel Hemric doesn't actually make money, he talked about that this year. He practically drove for free to get the Poppy Bank and JGR deal together. Zane Smith has financial backers that he owes money to. He doesn't get paid, and again he has talked about this, where people pay for his ride and then he is literally in debt to them and has to win to get out of the hole but he's betting in himself.

I know you're gonna whine and want me to cite everything out like an encyclopedia which I am not doing. Again, leave your head in the sand and don't believe it, I don't care. Almost literally every single seat below Cup is not paying a salary to the driver the way Cup drivers make a living. Trucks especially is still "broke racing", and that's Kenny Schrader's quote, not mine. Every seat is for sale.

Sheldon Creed's grandfather owns a massive construction company and funds his career. Noah Gragson has sponsors but they don't cover the cost of the full season so he's on a hybrid deal where his family pays the remainder. Just Haley, another family money. Daniel Hemric doesn't actually make money, he talked about that this year. He practically drove for free to get the Poppy Bank and JGR deal together. Zane Smith has financial backers that he owes money to. He doesn't get paid, and again he has talked about this, where people pay for his ride and then he is literally in debt to them and has to win to get out of the hole but he's betting in himself.

I know you're gonna whine and want me to cite everything out like an encyclopedia which I am not doing. Again, leave your head in the sand and don't believe it, I don't care. Almost literally every single seat below Cup is not paying a salary to the driver the way Cup drivers make a living. Trucks especially is still "broke racing", and that's Kenny Schrader's quote, not mine. Every seat is for sale.
I could care less if you want to play the victim. It doesn't change my opinion of ya. I'll go with these drivers get paid to race because they do, they aren't buying a ride because they can't race any other way.

I’m really surprised to read that Almirola is retiring after this season. He only turns 38 in March of this year. Guess he’s had enough of the grind, or maybe moving on to a different role post-career.

Trucks especially is still "broke racing", and that's Kenny Schrader's quote, not mine. Every seat is for sale.

Yeah, there's a reason why the Truck Series is no longer guys like Hornaday, Sprague, Setzer, Musgrave, Bodine, Benson, Hamilton, etc. There's a couple of established veterans, a handful of field fillers, and a bunch of kids who can't even legally drink yet.

Back
Top Bottom