2022 Silly Season

To try to salvage this thread before it ends up in the basement, and because frankly I couldn’t care less (I’ve been somewhat popping in paying attention to a few things. Hope I used this one right) if fans, drivers, team members were vax’d for the Coliseum race....I thought this was a nice article about one of our ‘22 signees fitting in with not only his new team but new manufacture as well.

Revman will eat it up. They sure are putting a lot on Kurt Busch's shoulders.
As he should, every fan enjoys to see their team gain an advantage.
I don't understand Bubba throwing all those footballs into the stands if he had such a bad injury??

Late development? Less than a month away from the 500.

Interesting that Spire is currently auctioning off their old no longer usable stuff at currently amazing low prices if you want a used gen 6 chassis, at amazingly low prices currently.
Screenshot_20220120-134709_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20220120-134457_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20220120-134515_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20220120-134527_Facebook.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220120-134540_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220120-134540_Facebook.jpg
    482.3 KB · Views: 91
  • Screenshot_20220120-134550_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220120-134550_Facebook.jpg
    450.1 KB · Views: 83
  • Screenshot_20220120-134600_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220120-134600_Facebook.jpg
    425.9 KB · Views: 84
  • Screenshot_20220120-134609_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220120-134609_Facebook.jpg
    424.7 KB · Views: 83
  • Screenshot_20220120-134615_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220120-134615_Facebook.jpg
    452.2 KB · Views: 95
Well Ty Gibbs is coming sooner then later, someone over there is going soon.
I was wondering the same thing. From what I have seen last season, I think Ty is the best prospect of the new drivers for the cup series. I think Drivers sponsors will be the deciding factor. The question is, " what sponsor would put up with KDB", based on his last 2 yrs performance.
On the other hand he may take a lesson from his brother and become "daddy of the year".

I have a hard time seeing any of the 4 JGR drivers getting displaced unless Denny or Kyle or MTJ ask for too much money in contract discussions from JGR, retire, or Denny wants to drive for himself.

There’s already 23XI Racing in this situation & Kurt isn’t getting any younger either (although I’d prefer he keep driving).

I don't see Toyota letting Kyle go anywhere. Let's not forget his truck teams are the first step in their driver development program.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
I think driver development will not be so important in the near future. What young drivers are close to being replaced? Gen 7 could be a deciding factor.

Let's see how Ty is gonna do in his first full Xfinity season. I don't see him going to Cup after just one season, even if he wins the championship.
I can't see KDB or Bell going anywhere. Truex has been rumored to retire in the not too distant future to support his wife in her fight against cancer. Hamlin could join his own team at some point, Kurt isn't gonna drive the 45 forever.

JGR losing M&M and DEX
The rumor is that DEX wanted Harrison to move to Ford and Penske. It places the sponsor under one roof instead of paying two seperate organizations.

Otherwise, DEX would have stopped sponsoring Harrison.

Also, here is the scheme for HB:

DEX Imaging

Makes sense in a strange way to have nothing but Cup cars under the Penski roof. Probably makes more sense to DEX. Ready or not Harrison lol.

The rumor is that DEX wanted Harrison to move to Ford and Penske. It places the sponsor under one roof instead of paying two seperate organizations.

Otherwise, DEX would have stopped sponsoring Harrison.

Also, here is the scheme for HB:

DEX Imaging

Man that's a beautiful looking scheme.

Same as JJ. What a move that was. :)

Jimmie was in an above average/good car and won in his final season in 2001. Johnson was also underrated and really good in trophy truck/stadium truck racing. Harrison Burton was in a top tier JGR car and didn’t win last year and had similar results as Brandon Jones. Nor did he win at KBM.

Harrison seems like a good kid, but I personally think they’re (DEX I guess) rushing him up and am surprised they can’t find any sponsorship to put him in the 22 Xfinity car for more experience.

Last edited:
Just because JJ didn't win at the lower level doesn't mean every X driver that goes 0-for-career-starts is the next HOF lock. Johnson was once in a generation (or longer).
He won 4 times in the Xfinity series. Everything from a short, 1.5's and a 2 miler. Nothing like a Matty d who has a total of 2 top 10's in Xfinity in 69 starts.

He won 4 times in the Xfinity series. Everything from a short, 1.5's and a 2 miler. Nothing like a Matty d who has a total of 2 top 10's in Xfinity in 69 starts.
I'm just tired of people pointing to JJ every time a driver with a mediocre record comes up to Cup (and yes, I've done it a time or two myself). Ya know, most of those guys have the records they have for a reason. Hell, there are plenty of Busch / X champs and ROTYs who do zippo in the big show. Johnson was the exception, not the rule.

I'm just tired of people pointing to JJ every time a driver with a mediocre record comes up to Cup (and yes, I've done it a time or two myself). Ya know, most of those guys have the records they have for a reason. Hell, there are plenty of Busch / X champs and ROTYs who do zippo in the big show. Johnson was the exception, not the rule.
Xfinity cars just fit Harrison's driving style more. Got to realize, he's going to grow into this position. He was 17-18 years old in the truck series. In his limited starts in the Xfinity Series in 2019, those cars just suited him more.

I hope he does well because he doesn't lack talent, just another case of a prospect getting moved up quicky.

One full season in trucks and two full seasons in Xfinity. He's going to need a few years of seasoning before we really just how good Harrison is.

Back
Top Bottom