2022 Xfinity Series News

Ty Gibbs is the next GREAT villain of NASCAR.

JGR has become the villains of NASCAR. Ty Gibbs is winning loads in the lower series, pissing people and fans off, and even has the last name.

He's going to be successful in cup as long as JGR is competitive. And people are going to HATE him.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
The preacher is pretty close to retirement, things could change pretty quick there for everyone. I still think he is a heck of a driver regardless.

I attended this race. The lack of cautions was surprising. There were 0 wrecks. I was rooting for #10 Cassill. Several drivers on the lead lap fell back near the end of the race due to tire wear and he was one of them. Conversely a few made big gains. Brandon Brown and Jeb Burton and the #38 come to mind. I was impressed with #38 as I think he has only made a few previous starts. Also Sam Meyer was barely in the top 10 during the early part of stage 3, battling with Cassill actually then moved all the way to third place. Allegeir also dropped back at the end

He seems like a nice enough guy, but man did he just seem lost out on the track

It was a smart move. Weatherman did a solid job. Jesse should focus on ownership. I like how he talked about how we need to be united in the press release. He is a former Naval Academy football player who never raced until 20 years old. A hard worker to get this far but yes he doesn't seem to have the ability and/or experience to race at the Xfinity level. Weatherman showed that the equivalent is decent

So the #5 car of Preece was impressive most of the race. I assume he was driving SHR equipment although it is owned by McLeod.

The preacher is pretty close to retirement, things could change pretty quick there for everyone. I still think he is a heck of a driver regardless.
I think so too. Big personalities make sports work, and I've always found that a professional sports league is as entertaining as it's villain.

Ty is supremely talented.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure Ty's dad Coy will eventually take over the ownership of JGR.
I think I've said it before that if Kurt retires after 2023, Hamlin could take his seat at 23XI and Ty could take over the 11 in Cup.
There wasn't much for them to miss.
Allgaier and Jones went from the Top 5 to the mid-teens and some others (Brown, Retzlaff, Hemric) worked their way up from the high teens into the Top 10.
It's also quite remarkable that Riley Herbst somehow had a good run.

Who is this Parker Retzlaff? His second race? The first only lasted a few laps before a mechanical issue sidelined his debut....then his second time out and finishes in the top 10!
Reviewing the statistics of the race, he basically lapped the field a couple of times. Started the second stage at the back of the field passed 28 cars to finish 10th, then did the same thing on the final stage. Wonder what would have happened if he managed to have restarts no worse than 20th... he probably would have finished in the top 5.
Kudos to Sam Mayer, who ever was coaching him did a fantastic job. Keeping him patient until giving him the green light saved his car for the end. The strategy yielded a $100k payout.

Who is this Parker Retzlaff? His second race? The first only lasted a few laps before a mechanical issue sidelined his debut....then his second time out and finishes in the top 10!
Reviewing the statistics of the race, he basically lapped the field a couple of times. Started the second stage at the back of the field passed 28 cars to finish 10th, then did the same thing on the final stage. Wonder what would have happened if he managed to have restarts no worse than 20th... he probably would have finished in the top 5.
Kudos to Sam Mayer, who ever was coaching him did a fantastic job. Keeping him patient until giving him the green light saved his car for the end. The strategy yielded a $100k payout.
iRacing protégé.

I read his bio. He has been racing 1/1 since he was a youngster, but his iRacing got his name out there I think that is the way it has gone. He is one of the drivers we like to talk about that is over driving the hell out of his stuff. I hope he keeps it up. He looks like an iRacing computer nerd instead of a 1/1 driver. It's great lol.

1649092031877.png

This is the first replay I've seen since the live laps. I didn't see anything objectionable. Maybe it's just me, although in-car shots don't always tell the complete story.

What I saw was that Nemo was faster and Ty kept running into him to slow him down. Not sure how that would have turned out if it would have been a non JGR driver getting their bumper beat off.

What I saw was that Nemo was faster and Ty kept running into him to slow him down. Not sure how that would have turned out if it would have been a non JGR driver getting their bumper beat off.
If JHN was faster, how did Gibbs catch up to him in the first place? When the replay starts, he's clearly at least two car lengths back. The #18 makes up a ton of ground in the turns around the :18 second mark. He's almost clear at the 1:00 mark or so, and hasn't touched the #54 yet. So I don't see the #54 as being faster.

If JHN was faster, how did Gibbs catch up to him in the first place? When the replay starts, he's clearly at least two car lengths back. The #18 makes up a ton of ground in the turns around the :18 second mark. He's almost clear at the 1:00 mark or so, and hasn't touched the #54 yet. So I don't see the #54 as being faster.
Basically Gibbs didn't lift and used JHN as his braking point.

Besides what Old97 said Gibbs was pinching him down like crazy, in another view when Neno was on the outside entry, Gibbs who was behind on the inside ran into his back quarter and killed Nemo's speed. Every dirty trick in the book IMO. He won though, legal blah blah blah, but lets see him pull that on Gragson, or Hemric or Ryan Sieg is all I'm saying.

I read his bio. He has been racing 1/1 since he was a youngster, but his iRacing got his name out there I think that is the way it has gone. He is one of the drivers we like to talk about that is over driving the hell out of his stuff. I hope he keeps it up. He looks like an iRacing computer nerd instead of a 1/1 driver. It's great lol.

View attachment 62462
I saw his post-race interview (Fox somehow had a lot of them this weekend) and thought he looked like your average first-semester computer science student.

Idk if you see her on social media it seems she's better at taking pics than actually doing things

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
I was pretty impressed with her at Wausau, thought her sister was a tad better though.

Back
Top Bottom