2023 Daytona Pre-Race Thread

So, so much wrong with this graphic lol

Go9FeBP.jpg

I'd retire as well if that was the graphic they gave me..

Man this pic sure doesn't help his reputation
1d230dcaeff44e059c7f698804233379.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
its really hard sometimes to admit I am a quasi fan of him but more a fan of the number and organization he races for. He doesnt make it easy.

I dearly love country music as someone who spent 35 of my 36 years in the south, but they gotta get more creative with the Daytona 500 pre-race.

Of the musical acts announced for 2023 so far, I’ve never knowingly heard any of their works. Too old to know or care, I guess. Just more reasons to not come in until driver intros start.

Of the musical acts announced for 2023 so far, I’ve never knowingly heard any of their works. Too old to know or care, I guess. Just more reasons to not come in until driver intros start.
That's exactly what I do too lol. Hell I don't even watch pregame coverage for other sports anymore either. Let's just get to it

Part of the new rules packages for this year:

Drivers will get to choose their lane for restarts at Daytona, Talladega, Atlanta and the Bristol dirt race. This makes the rule consistent with other races on ovals. NASCAR's hesitance on the tracks where teammates often help each other in the aerodynamic draft was that this would just increase teammates working together. NASCAR will have to figure out how to make the choose area for the dirt track, since it can't paint the surface (most likely will use chalk).

I don't see this going well. Running a guy with no stock car experience in a subpar team usually doesn't turn out

Would be nice to see him in project 91

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Longshot. Anything is possible but the odds are long.

So at least two out of

Chandler Smith
Zane Smith
Jimmie Johnson
Austin Hill
Conor Daly
Travis Pastrana

are going home. Qualifying and the Duels should be a bit more interesting than usual. Daly is probably the longest shot to make it but everyone else has pretty good equipment.

So at least two out of

Chandler Smith
Zane Smith
Jimmie Johnson
Austin Hill
Conor Daly
Travis Pastrana

are going home. Qualifying and the Duels should be a bit more interesting than usual. Daly is probably the longest shot to make it but everyone else has pretty good equipment.
Okay, I'll play. Daly and Pastrana will be out.

Nothing he has ever driven is this fast, he has a car or two beside him in those small cars doing jumps and such, but this pack if he chooses to race in it and IF he makes the race are cut throat and cunning on newbies.

That's exactly what I do too lol. Hell I don't even watch pregame coverage for other sports anymore either. Let's just get to it
I think Greta Van Vleet would be a good grab.

It's modern rock. It's safe enough that rock fans can find it tasteful. They also have a niche following and a TikTok presence.

Not sure if it's reasonable, but considering they were in NASCAR Heat 3, I think getting them to perform a big event would be a fantastic marketing strategy.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Nothing he has ever driven is this fast, he has a car or two beside him in those small cars doing jumps and such, but this pack if he chooses to race in it and IF he makes the race are cut throat and cunning on newbies.
I don't like the idea of someone with minimal stock car experience, and no success trying to race into the 500. He could ruin other people's day.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

He’s driven a stock car in plate races though. One of the few Top 10s he got in Xfinity was the 2013 series opener at Daytona.

That season he qualified 4th, 1st, and 2nd at the plate tracks so I don’t think he has a problem banging through the gears in qualifying. Given the nature of plate qualifying if 23XI bring a good package he can lock in on speed.

So at least two out of

Chandler Smith
Zane Smith
Jimmie Johnson
Austin Hill
Conor Daly
Travis Pastrana

There won't be a practice session before qualifying or the duel races. I guess that's not helpful for JJ, Pastrana and Daly.

Back
Top Bottom