2023 Rolex 24 at DAYTONA

Blomqvist is an animal.

What a stonking lap.
1674433540473.png

Deegan is participating. Flys in the face of @BobbyFord saying she wants to do the bare min

Ben Keating
1674601100071.png

Elliot Forbes - Robinson
1674601167370.png

Just hit me - though 28 years apart they are
brothers from another mother. Possibly
cosmic identical twins.

Unfortunate incident in FP1 sent Lucas Auer to the hospital after having to be extricated after a crash. It sounds like he dropped a wheel in the grass exiting turn 1 and spun nose-first into the pit exit wall, which is concrete. Hoping all turns out well here.

Unfortunate incident in FP1 sent Lucas Auer to the hospital after having to be extricated after a crash. It sounds like he dropped a wheel in the grass exiting turn 1 and spun nose-first into the pit exit wall, which is concrete. Hoping all turns out well here.

According to the article below, they may have had had to cut the roof and cage to get him out. While there is no mention of the driver's condition, my guess is the car is probably done.

I checked the car classes, I didn't find specs just a couple sentences describing each class. It looks like LMP2 and LMP3 are spec classes. I see the each class have 9-10 cars and with 23 cars in the GTD class.

The racing season begins...

I checked the car classes, I didn't find specs just a couple sentences describing each class. It looks like LMP2 and LMP3 are spec classes. I see the each class have 9-10 cars and with 23 cars in the GTD class.

The racing season begins...
LMP2/3 are more or less spec but that wasn’t the intention, it’s just that the other chassis options proved to be less competitive so everyone converged on the best car to buy. There are a few Duquienes mixed in with the Ligiers in P3 though.

According to the article below, they may have had had to cut the roof and cage to get him out. While there is no mention of the driver's condition, my guess is the car is probably done.

They’ve put a cover on the car and closed the garage door so it seems the chassis is a lost cause. They’re trying to see if they can get their spare back from Texas home base in time for the race.

No update on Auer yet.

***Sportscar365 understands that IMSA’s safety team removed part of the roof of the GTD class pole-sitting car to extricate Auer, with the team working to transport its spare car from its workshop in Texas to the track with hopes of still making the race.

Deegan and Ben Rhodes in the #41 Mustang GT today at Daytona
for the 4 hr. MPC race . Starting around 1:40 EST. Starting 8th on the grid.
Live : Peacock Premium
Live timing : https://livetiming.alkamelsystems.com/imsa/

This is the race that officially ends my off-season. 4 hours of heaven
wrapped in the giddy anticipation of the 24hr tomorrow.

Zane Smith and Harry Burton have to be one of the favorites today, Smith has been super quick this week.

Have to remember to put this in my saved stuff cause Pea**** doesn't make it easy to find. They all about stick & ball sperts.

Back
Top Bottom