2023 Xfinity series news

Wasn't the biggest reason why NASCAR largely stopped doing Xfinity standalone races was because their TV partners didn't like them?

Well that argument is now moot
The big disadvantage of standalones is the networks have to field two units, one at each track. Is CW going to be able to field a unit separate from Fox / NBC? If not, that might mean fewer standalones, not more.

And whither the Truck series in all this?

The big disadvantage of standalones is the networks have to field two units, one at each track. Is CW going to be able to field a unit separate from Fox / NBC? If not, that might mean fewer standalones, not more.

Considering NASCAR will be doing the broadcasts themselves, yes they'll be separate

Damn, I thought every carrier had USA, that sucks
It's better ironicaly than I thought, the stream I watch doesn't have commercials, so all of those nonsensical interruptions to the show don't happen. What does is that the coverage continues to show the racing or whatever is continueing to happen AND with out the gerbils chattering besides lol.

It's all NASCAR Productions. The CW is just carrying the race and hiring a couple announcers.

Anyone heard any speculation about the Truck Series? If FOX is out then they're going to have to find an entirely new home. NBC doesn't really have a logical place to put them.

Since NASCAR is producing the races on their own for the first time I wonder if they’ll try to schedule a more regional Southern/mid-Atlantic schedule with a bigger mix of short tracks, closer to what the Grand National Series used to be, to try to keep production costs down a bit.

It's better ironicaly than I thought, the stream I watch doesn't have commercials, so all of those nonsensical interruptions to the show don't happen. What does is that the coverage continues to show the racing or whatever is continueing to happen AND with out the gerbils chattering besides lol.
Get a chromecast and throw it over to the TV

Since NASCAR is producing the races on their own for the first time I wonder if they’ll try to schedule a more regional Southern/mid-Atlantic schedule with a bigger mix of short tracks, closer to what the Grand National Series used to be, to try to keep production costs down a bit.
I hope not. The lower tier standalones at Road America, Portland, and Canadian Tire are usually good shows.

Anyone heard any speculation about the Truck Series? If FOX is out then they're going to have to find an entirely new home. NBC doesn't really have a logical place to put them.
I just don't believe that Fox is out. Hence why I said it's literally unbelievable. That deal would had to have completely fallen apart just in the past few weeks or so.

But if Fox is out, I could see Truck Series races ending up on Flo.

Get a chromecast and throw it over to the TV
I dunno about SOI but if I did that, I'd have to coordinate with Darling Bride. Besides, at 2.5 feet from the monitor, it's easier to read the graphics. With the headset, I can set the volume for my bad hearing without blowing Darling Bride out of the entire house.

I hope not. The lower tier standalones at Road America, Portland, and Canadian Tire are usually good shows.
I mean, it doesn’t have to be every single week. But the production costs are a new expense and they’d probably like to keep as much of the revenue as possible since it’s a fairly big deal for the series. Maybe they don’t go all the way out to Texas, Kansas, Las Vegas so often where there’s a lot of travel and fairly big tracks involved.

I dunno about SOI but if I did that, I'd have to coordinate with Darling Bride. Besides, at 2.5 feet from the monitor, it's easier to read the graphics. With the headset, I can set the volume for my bad hearing without blowing Darling Bride out of the entire house.
I have two TV's two desktops and a laptop for one person. I can have so much $hit turned on my head will explode. I don't need any more.

Perfect opportunity to merge Trucks and ARCA.

Something to keep in mind is that, by the time 2025 rolls around, NBCUniversal and WB Discovery could be in the process of a merger. The situation at WB Discovery is unsustainable.

So, IF Fox is out, and NBC is all in, and NBC takes over WB, that could potentially leave the door open to TNT and TBS as well. On top of whatever the hell HLN is now, and whatever WBD is calling their streaming service this week.

I just literally don't believe that Fox is out when all indications are that Fox, Amazon and NBC are just weeks away from finalizing long-term deals.

I cant remember the name but I used to see an 18 wheeler in the TV compound that wasnt FOX or NBC that came and wired and setup the cameras, I'm not sure if they are still used. Damn my memory!

Why? This works perfectly fine, I have a Chromecast but don't use it.
Makes it a little easier is all. Less wiring sticking out. No idea how long your HDMI wire is to do so. But yeah. If you had a Roku then you wouldn’t even have to use the laptop at all anymore for that. Like whatever works for you is fine, it’s just less wires to get in the way.

Game Creek Video does all national NASCAR.
Game Creek splits the season with Fox's production trucks, utilizing Cleatus 1 and Game Creek Discovery, Freedom, Larkspur and Edit 2.
NBC utilizes Peacock 1 and 2, Game Creek Apollo, B4, Edit 4 and Freedom. Main units such as Nitro, Maverick and
additional units such as Justice and Northstar are used at bigger venues...
SVG trucks are utilized as well. Take a look at the TV Compund at any race, and there will be a eclectic mix of Network trucks.
NASCAR and MRN/PRN have there own assets at every race as well, depending on who owns the track.
I have a relative in New Hampshire that works for Game Creek, and seeing these marvels of technology in action first hand is truly awe inspiring...

Assuming Fox is still in (because I would be surprised if they left). Who do you guys think The CW picks up? Would Adam Alexander leave FOX to keep covering Xfinity at The CW or is he holding out for Mike Joy's job? Does Allen Bestwick finally get to cover a national NASCAR series again?

I am assuming CW will some well known talent but will bring some new talent like when Speed brought in Rick Allen for the truck series

It is insane to think how Fox went from Speed Channel, basically The NASCAR Channel, to now (probably) bowing out altogether. That's dramatic.

I wonder if NBC's crew gets a shakeup, because I wonder if some of the current broadcasters aren't going to be interested in doing the full schedule.

It is insane to think how Fox went from Speed Channel, basically The NASCAR Channel, to now (probably) bowing out altogether. That's dramatic.

I wonder if NBC's crew gets a shakeup, because I wonder if some of the current broadcasters aren't going to be interested in doing the full schedule.
Kurt, Kevin, Tony; plenty of talent to take turns.

Is Fox really gonna hire a new commentator only to leave the sport after one year?
Don't see them leaving.
I could see it. The decision to no longer pursue a renewal could have just happened, well after Harvick signed on. The executive team that's making a call like this more than likely is not involved in the signing of Kevin Harvick.

1690900145513.png

There are 40 cars on the entry list for the Cabo Wabo 250 Xfinity Series race at Michigan International Speedway is posted. Two cars will miss the race.
Notables: #07-Stefan Parsons, #08-Mason Maggio, #10-AJ Allmendinger, #19-Ty Gibbs, #24-Connor Mosack, #35-Patrick Emerling, #38-Joe Graf Jr., #44-Mason Massey, #45-Jeffrey Earnhardt, #53-CJ McLaughlin, #77-Carson Hocevar, #91-Kyle Weatherman.
1690900328784.png

Back
Top Bottom