2024 Chili Bowl

Maybe Larson will show up. 😇
Oh, he's probably not returning for a good long time. The money and the commute for Wild West Shootout are a lot better.

Just like everyone else, I don't believe the margins are so tight on the event that they can't increase the purse, though $2K to start is a good start to where it should be (50K to win and 5K to start is, I think, much more reasonable). Emmet I'm sure has done a lot of stuff out of the love of his heart for a long time, but that doesn't mean he's good at finance or understanding what "risk" resembles. 2023 was my first year attending and I expect to go to plenty more, and will be the first to say that $404 after tax for six nights of top tier racing is a bargain, regardless of what he's told by others. I'm paying $650 for the USGP and anticipating getting to see two parades and a couple of concerts over a three day span by comparison.

Oh, he's probably not returning for a good long time. The money and the commute for Wild West Shootout are a lot better.

Just like everyone else, I don't believe the margins are so tight on the event that they can't increase the purse, though $2K to start is a good start to where it should be (50K to win and 5K to start is, I think, much more reasonable). Emmet I'm sure has done a lot of stuff out of the love of his heart for a long time, but that doesn't mean he's good at finance or understanding what "risk" resembles. 2023 was my first year attending and I expect to go to plenty more, and will be the first to say that $404 after tax for six nights of top tier racing is a bargain, regardless of what he's told by others. I'm paying $650 for the USGP and anticipating getting to see two parades and a couple of concerts over a three day span by comparison.
The problem is this has turned into a premier motorsports event in the US & the pay is ridiculously low. These teams are spending tens of thousands getting their cars ready for this event & some serious sponsorship money is pouring into it. For the top prize to only be $20K is absurd considering what this event is. With all of the ticket & tv money this isn't a $100K event?

The problem is this has turned into a premier motorsports event in the US & the pay is ridiculously low. These teams are spending tens of thousands getting their cars ready for this event & some serious sponsorship money is pouring into it. For the top prize to only be $20K is absurd considering what this event is. With all of the ticket & tv money this isn't a $100K event?
You're preaching to the choir by and large. The whole thing is a little weird in terms of the economics - I assume merch sales are a significant component to a lot of competitor's budgets and drive a lot of the entries. I regret not buying an XL Robert Bell Colfax Comet shirt this past year because nothing has ever been produced that is more "racing hipster" than a Robert Bell t-shirt.

But I digress. What do the books really look like? I dunno, but I'm guessing that Blake Hahn's tire bill wasn't cheap this year. Someone's paying for it.

Tyler Courtney and David Gravel are also back. I told my wife that I wasn't buying any more racing shirts: I must regretfully inform her that was not true. I also learned my lesson to buy what I want on Monday night.

"She's definitely putting pressure on me (to make her third consecutive feature)", Said Sammy Swindell "She's definitely focused, pays attention and has a lot of determination. She wants to do it and has a passion and desire. Those things you all put ahead of the curve, and to do them all well is another bonus. I hope we have a nice smooth week"

1702857692030.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom