2024 NASCAR Schedules

They also had a noise ordinance complaint from some type of asphalt sprint cars that raced there last week. The cars had no mufflers.

It’s got to be hard for NASCAR to figure out what fans want. Not long ago people were clamoring for more road courses and now they want less.

I wanted more road courses and now want less. Problem NASCAR has is they go too far with stuff, I wanted another road course or two at the most. NASCAR just went too far and now there are too many road courses.

I see a decent amount of fans in the area who otherwise just have IMS within a good driving distance who’d like it back, or for IndyCar to race there (I agree with that one at least). It’s also picked up some steam since intermediates got fun again.

NASCAR returning to the IMS oval would satisfy most of those people.

Kentucky is a horrible track, almost as bad as Texas, and being as low-banked as it is with a similar configuration as Texas in some aspects, the racing would still suck. Fans wanting it back are doing some mad revisionist history.

Some of these same fans also think we need two dates at Texas again and are trying to create a revisionist history of how races at Texas used to be great before the reconfiguration (nope) or before the NextGen car (also nope).

NASCAR returning to the IMS oval would satisfy most of those people.

Kentucky is a horrible track, almost as bad as Texas, and being as low-banked as it is with a similar configuration as Texas in some aspects, the racing would still suck. Fans wanting it back are doing some mad revisionist history.

Some of these same fans also think we need two dates at Texas again and are trying to create a revisionist history of how races at Texas used to be great before the reconfiguration (nope) or before the NextGen car (also nope).
If I got the OG Brickyard 400 back next year, that'd be tremendous and none of my schedule concerns/grievances/bitching would be aired for quite a while. I too dont see the nostalgia for Kentucky, the Busch vs Busch battle was the only race that stood out to me. I seem to remember Keselowski in the 2 having that place on lockdown for a few years there.

I wanted more road courses and now want less. Problem NASCAR has is they go too far with stuff, I wanted another road course or two at the most. NASCAR just went too far and now there are too many road courses.
Even five is kinda pushing it but I think flipping Indy and Charlotte back to the ovals and then a schedule of Sonoma/Watkins Glen/COTA/Montreal/street race would be fine.

Flipping the roval back would be a mistake, it's the most entertaining one on the schedule.
Seriously doubt we have to worry about the Roval going away. It's consistently one of the more entertaining races every season. Great way to continue to have more home tracks at Charlotte. Fans were burnt out of so many races a year on the 1.5.

Seriously doubt we have to worry about the Roval going away. It's consistently one of the more entertaining races every season. Great way to continue to have more home tracks at Charlotte. Fans were burnt out of so many races a year on the 1.5.
People are in recency bias with the last couple 600s being good, but that doesn't mean it would last forever the longer this car is around. I prefer a higher variety of tracks than running the same one.

Flipping the roval back would be a mistake, it's the most entertaining one on the schedule.
The Roval was regarded as one of the absolute worst races of the season last year.

This car has some pretty distinct strengths and weaknesses so in lieu of spending money to change up the equipment again I’d rather just play to what works best.

The Roval was regarded as one of the absolute worst races of the season last year.

This car has some pretty distinct strengths and weaknesses so in lieu of spending money to change up the equipment again I’d rather just play to what works best.
Then you just end up with two many mile and half tracks again. I don't need 2 races on the oval and 2 years ago no one else did either. The Roval is unique and needs to be there.

People are in recency bias with the last couple 600s being good, but that doesn't mean it would last forever the longer this car is around. I prefer a higher variety of tracks than running the same one.
Just like the Roval, if they have one bad 600 they will be wanting to throw the baby out with the bath water. It's already happening as the leading teams have figured out the car and we are seeing more and more single file racing with less passing.

I agree they went a little too far with the road courses. 4 would be the absolute maximum for road courses if it was my decision to make.

A wrong has been righted. I dont want to live in a world with just one Bristol race, to have two is a blessing, the track is unique and exciting as it is. I never liked the dirt, wanted dirt or was enthralled with it. I gave it a chance, kept my mouth shut and went along with it, the kicker for me is the racing wasnt that bad but I was bummed to lose a regular race at Bristol and honestly Cup cars dirt racing just isnt my cup of tea. If they want to do dirt, cool lets do it. I would prefer if they went to a dirt track that is already a dirt track and let these fellas go at it, just leave Bristol alone..... that place alone should attract new fans. The million dollar question is will the OG Food City 500 keep their spring date or will it get moved later in the spring? I saw on the socials last night some were speculating early June.

I was going to ask if baseball stops for the Olympics, but remembered teams have TV deals with local affiliates. I assume hockey and basketball have similar arrangements.

I was going to ask if baseball stops for the Olympics, but remembered teams have TV deals with local affiliates. I assume hockey and basketball have similar arrangements.
MLB does not, but baseball hasn’t been an Olympic sport much recently anyways…2012 and 2016 they weren’t, 2020 they were back, 2024 it’s off again, TBD for 2028. NHL used to take off for the Winter games but didn’t in 2018 because the IOC wouldn’t pay insurance and other costs. 2022 there were still COVID shenanigans, but with any luck they’ll be back for 2026 again.

The World Baseball Classic has proven to be a bigger tournament than baseball at the Olympics ever was anyways.

MLB does not, but baseball hasn’t been an Olympic sport much recently anyways…2012 and 2016 they weren’t, 2020 they were back, 2024 it’s off again, TBD for 2028. NHL used to take off for the Winter games but didn’t in 2018 because the IOC wouldn’t pay insurance and other costs. 2022 there were still COVID shenanigans, but with any luck they’ll be back for 2026 again.

The World Baseball Classic has proven to be a bigger tournament than baseball at the Olympics ever was anyways.
Ah, I was looking only at the network coverage conflicts. I'd forgotten about player participation.

Back
Top Bottom