2024 NASCAR Schedules

36 cars really is a non-starter so if they do a points race some teams would have to be content with missing out on the big show in a meaningful race weekend, would they really go for that?

The Coliseum is a great spot for the Clash based on venue, locale, weather, but as with basketball on aircraft carriers and the NHL Stadium Series the big initial novelty effect wears off some quickly, but it can still be a successful long-term event if you move it around enough. There are some track & field venues I’d really like to see it at but they’re usually in crappy weather this time of year and tearing up/replacing synthetic track is much more cost-prohibitive than doing so to a football field. Finding another venue with enough space and good weather will be a challenge.

36 cars really is a non-starter so if they do a points race some teams would have to be content with missing out on the big show in a meaningful race weekend, would they really go for that?

The Coliseum is a great spot for the Clash based on venue, locale, weather, but as with basketball on aircraft carriers and the NHL Stadium Series the big initial novelty effect wears off some quickly, but it can still be a successful long-term event if you move it around enough. There are some track & field venues I’d really like to see it at but they’re usually in crappy weather this time of year and tearing up/replacing synthetic track is much more cost-prohibitive than doing so to a football field. Finding another venue with enough space and good weather will be a challenge.
So...NASCAR on an aircraft carrier?
FB_IMG_1675806462401.jpg

You could run a B-main and the drivers in that race collect points for positions 27-40.

The NHL Stadium Series wore off quickly when they decided to do several outdoor games instead of just the Winter Classic.

There’s nothing interesting about MetLife, giant surface parking lots, or the area immediately surrounding it. The Manhattan skyline views could be a lot better from other locations. If they manage to get a deal done for the NYC metro area I hope it’s elsewhere in the region.

There’s just too much money to be made in the Middle East, sure it’d be disappointing in a lot of regards but it’s hard to turn down unlimited cash. Certainly not the first I’ve seen of there being mutual interest with the ME.

Seattle/Denver/Canada could all be interesting, the PNW and Rockies are criminally underserved. I don’t think the garage is necessarily going to be knocking on the door of Mexico any time soon.

I don’t think the garage is necessarily going to be knocking on the door of Mexico any time soon.
Kyle Busch aside, I recall the Nationwide (Busch / Xfinity) races a couple of decades ago showed it was logistically expensive to put on the show, more so than for a trip of comparable distance in the US or Canuckada.

Kyle Busch aside, I recall the Nationwide (Busch / Xfinity) races a couple of decades ago showed it was logistically expensive to put on the show, more so than for a trip of comparable distance in the US or Canuckada.
My brother works in the golf world, and he was explaining to me that the PGA essentially has to get Mexican drivers to drive the trucks down there and essentially its a form of paying off cartels to leave them alone.

My brother works in the golf world, and he was explaining to me that the PGA essentially has to get Mexican drivers to drive the trucks down there and essentially its a form of paying off cartels to leave them alone.
It could be part of their immigration/trade laws. Trucking companies drop their trailers at the border and a Mexican rig takes it from there and brings it back over to the U.S..

Stafford Motor Speedway in Connecticut is adding SAFER barriers. They have those, a replay screen, new bathrooms, a new midway. Needs some pit road work and a proper garage area and they'd be ready for Xfinity or Trucks.

I know several years ago that the company I used to work at had to send a big piece of equipment down there by rail and the receiving company more or less told us that "an arrangement" had been made to get it to the plant.

When our guys went down there to work on it the plant flat out told us that the cartel was aware that we were there. What that meant I'm not entirely sure?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Oh NASCAR fans I love the revisionist history of the love of Fontana, just like Chicagoland before it.

Oh NASCAR fans I love the revisionist history of the love of Fontana, just like Chicagoland before it.
I never liked Fontana, or Michigan either.

I must admit those tracks put on much more entertaining racing last year with the new car.

I never liked Fontana, or Michigan either.

I must admit those tracks put on much more entertaining racing last year with the new car.
Which backs up the statement made by some in the past. We weren't necessarily going to the wrong tracks, we were just bringing the wrong car

I don’t think we’ll be seeing Fontana after this year

I wonder if their evaluation includes the miniature Busch Clash in the coliseum? I think it’s run its course personally. They must have concerns about attendance at a revamped Fontana short track. Leave LA completely, or seek a different California alternative?

Not even two full years ago Phelps was saying they had to race in LA because they had more fans in that DMA than in any other. Choosing to abandon the market completely would be an incredible about-face. I just can’t see them doing that.

Not even two full years ago Phelps was saying they had to race in LA because they had more fans in that DMA than in any other. Choosing to abandon the market completely would be an incredible about-face. I just can’t see them doing that.
If they don't come out, if they only watch on TV, what difference does it make where the tracks are?

If they don't come out, if they only watch on TV, what difference does it make where the tracks are?
They get 50K for the Clash and then 55-60K for Auto Club a few weeks later. That’s better than a lot of places.

Plus, LA is the home of FOX Sports and the local FOX station is FOX-owned and operated. Even for TV purposes they have an interest in racing in the market.

Really hard to get my head around dumping Fontana....which I think is happening honestly. I have been going there for the last 12 years, and I have always felt that it has been a great event. Attendance has been good I think.

Makes sense now. The Clash will be the death blow for Fontana. Interesting. At least NASCAR is committed to SoCal. Such a great place. Love it there.

I wonder if it could be a reevaluation of the Fontana plan. They had originally wanted to keep the foot print and use the current pits as the backstretch. From what I'd seen they couldn't get the Iracing model to make the physics works. I could see them flattening the whole property and building their own stadium style short track in Fontana.

Let’s make the LA Coliseum into a 300-500 lap regular season or playoff race like Hamlin said & build a new track in Louisiana or Mississippi or Washington instead.

Let’s make the LA Coliseum into a 300-500 lap regular season or playoff race like Hamlin said & build a new track in Louisiana or Mississippi or Washington instead.
I'd be ok with the second part of that statement but LA isn't a place to hold a points race.

Sale is for 433 of 512 acres so it sounds as though they’re retaining room for a 2/3 mile track at the moment.

Sale is for 433 of 512 acres so it sounds as though they’re retaining room for a 2/3 mile track at the moment.

That's probably why Nascar has been mums the word on information. They didn't want to screw up the deal they had working. Now it has closed so hopefully there will be more information/action becoming available about their plans for the track.

Back
Top Bottom