2024 NASCAR Schedules

Easter is bad for attendance but really good for ratings, it’s a difficult compromise. I don’t think the garage wants to compete on Easter though, and the only way they do is at night. I know SHR flew Childers and his family (and probably other personnel) back and forth between Bristol and Charlotte for Sunday morning service, but is that kind of arrangement really in anyone’s best interests? So much for cost-cutting.

I just don't see Chicago on the schedule next year with the political firestorm surrounding that race.

Hopefully they go back to Road America, but I can see this sport going back to Chicagoland Speedway instead because that one good finish has fans talking about how it was the best track on the schedule.
I hope the fans show up and there's no hard feelings from the fanbase if they do indeed go back to Chicagoland. I wont be putting my eggs in that basket though, I mean the street race hasnt happened yet. I did like Road America, cool place and track, I thought it was great Cup was racing there

I don't know if Pockrass was trying to stir up drama or not, but he said Nascar is looking at extending their contract with the Chicago street race according to the article.

I just don't see Chicago on the schedule next year with the political firestorm surrounding that race.

Hopefully they go back to Road America, but I can see this sport going back to Chicagoland Speedway instead because that one good finish has fans talking about how it was the best track on the schedule.
Honestly Chicagoland did kind of suck for years but it seems like exactly the type of track the new car seems to really excel at. The 1.5s have improved significantly IMO.

I’d love to see them go back to Chicagoland & IMS Brickyard 400 oval, maybe Michigan 2.0 twice instead of Kansas in the spring, Iowa or Milwaukee, and also I think a Denver or Seattle Street race would be better overall for the series.

Road America is a good Xfinity only track, I think a Cup Series race there sparingly is a good idea.

Easter is bad for attendance but really good for ratings, it’s a difficult compromise. I don’t think the garage wants to compete on Easter though, and the only way they do is at night. I know SHR flew Childers and his family (and probably other personnel) back and forth between Bristol and Charlotte for Sunday morning service, but is that kind of arrangement really in anyone’s best interests? So much for cost-cutting.

New Hampshire is one of the least religious states in the country, put the Easter race there. It might be a bit cold but we did that late November race once and it was fine.

New Hampshire is one of the least religious states in the country, put the Easter race there. It might be a bit cold but we did that late November race once and it was fine.

Easter sometimes falls in March. No way you could have a race in NH in March. The track could still be covered in snow.

Sure was different having Thanksgiving dinner at the track. Robby Gordon and Jeff Gordon battling was good, with Robby winning. The coldest race I've attended....

I received an e-mail from Darlington yesterday with an offer to lock in my tickets for 2024 spring race. I don't recall ever receiving an re-up offer before the current year's race has been run.

I received an e-mail from Darlington yesterday with an offer to lock in my tickets for 2024 spring race. I don't recall ever receiving an re-up offer before the current year's race has been run.
Dover started doing that years back

I think it only makes sense to see what this car can do on the oval
I think that’s reasonable. I always preferred the oval for well......reasons I’ve listed before. I know some prefer the roadie or leave all together, but I want to see what the new car can do on the oval for a sample size before they leave Indy.

I've been a detractor of the Indy oval but after seeing the new car on 1.5s and California, I'm willing to see it tried on the oval.

Road course or nothing, nothing will make Cup cars work on the oval.

Maybe I missed this. But this is the first I've heard BMS/SMI wanting to build a completely new track at the Nashville Fairgrounds.

Maybe I missed this. But this is the first I've heard BMS/SMI wanting to build a completely new track at the Nashville Fairgrounds.

"The proposal is to build a practically new 30,000-seat racetrack facility on the current Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway site, with plans to attract a NASCAR race and other higher-profile racing events."

I think this is just non-racing journalist. It's a major renovation to the existing property but the track I believe is staying the same. Essentially new infrastructure.

Thanks, COVID.

“In 2021, Rockingham speedway received $10 million in COVID recovery grants from the state.
Charlotte Motor Speedway and North Wilkesboro Speedway were awarded similar grants.
Lovenheim used the money to lay down a new racing surface on the one-mile speedway.”

I have more hope in a Cup race at the Fairgrounds than I do at Rockingham. For the record, I have faith in neither one.

Wake me when it's on the schedule. I've had hopes dashed too many times.

I have more hope in a Cup race at the Fairgrounds than I do at Rockingham. For the record, I have faith in neither one.

Be honest though, you probably didn't have much faith (if any) that Cup would return to North Wilkesboro either

Be honest though, you probably didn't have much faith (if any) that Cup would return to North Wilkesboro either
I didn't care about NW in the first place. I never saw racing there before it closed, and 'Tradition!' isn't important me anyway. I'm on the road and hoping the DVR picked up the All-Star races, so I don't yet know how the racing was. Maybe that will give me a reason to care now.

Rockingham doesn't have Jr. pushing it.

Phoenix will remain the finale in 2024. 👎

NASCAR Championship Weekend Returning to Phoenix Raceway in 2024
Momentum created by continued success keeps season finale in The Valley!

PHOENIX (May 31, 2023) – Nobody creates a championship atmosphere better than Phoenix Raceway’s fans. Just ask NASCAR, which announced today that Phoenix Raceway will continue as host of NASCAR Championship Weekend in 2024.

Four champions will be crowned over three days, Nov. 1-3, 2024, as the best drivers from the NASCAR Cup Series, NASCAR Xfinity Series, NASCAR CRAFTSMAN Truck Series and ARCA Menards Series West will compete for season supremacy in The Valley.

“This honor is a testament to our fans whose overwhelming support makes this a true championship-caliber venue,” said Phoenix Raceway President Latasha Causey. “They pack the grandstands, fill the hillside and create the best camping experience in all of NASCAR inside our breathtaking GEICO Gecko Campground. Now the onus is on us to exceed the already high standards we’ve set to continue building on this momentum and keep them coming back.”

The NASCAR Cup Series Championship Race completely sold out at Phoenix Raceway in 2021 and 2022, and only a limited number of seats remain for the 2023 NASCAR Championship Weekend at Phoenix Raceway, Nov. 3-5. The weekend begins Friday, Nov. 3, with a championship doubleheader that includes the ARCA Menards Series West and NASCAR CRAFTSMAN Truck Series championship races. On Saturday, Nov. 4, the NASCAR Xfinity Series Championship Race caps a day that also includes NASCAR Cup Series qualifying.

And then on Sunday, Nov. 5, the NASCAR Cup Series Championship Race will once again tie a bow on one of the most exciting NASCAR seasons on record. Drivers will battle side by side for the coveted Bill France Cup in the fourth-consecutive NASCAR Cup Series Championship Race contested at Phoenix Raceway.

Fans can secure their seats and experiences for this year’s NASCAR Championship Weekend now by visiting www.PhoenixRaceway.com.

About Phoenix Raceway

Home to NASCAR Championship Weekend since 2020, Phoenix Raceway has been the premier motorsports venue in the Southwest since 1964 and hosts two NASCAR race weekends each year. In 2023, the spring event weekend, March 10-12, kicks off the race season at Phoenix Raceway and features the NASCAR Cup Series, NASCAR Xfinity Series and ARCA Menards Series. Phoenix Raceway will once again host NASCAR Championship Weekend, November 3-5. During the action-packed, three-day event, champions will be crowned in the NASCAR Cup Series, NASCAR Xfinity Series, NASCAR CRAFTSMAN Truck Series and ARCA Menards Series West. Phoenix Raceway also hosts a variety of events throughout the year, including concerts, corporate meetings and conferences, charity events, weddings, holiday events, sport and endurance competitions, driving schools and Segway tours. For more information, visit www.PhoenixRaceway.com and download the new NASCAR Tracks App at www.phoenixraceway.com/nascar-tracks-app/.

About NASCAR

Celebrating its 75th Anniversary in 2023, the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR) is the sanctioning body for the No. 1 form of motorsports in the United States and owner of 16 of the nation’s major motorsports entertainment facilities. NASCAR sanctions races in three national series (NASCAR Cup Series™, NASCAR Xfinity Series™, and NASCAR CRAFTSMAN Truck Series™), four international series (NASCAR Brasil Sprint Race, NASCAR Mexico Series, NASCAR Pinty’s Series (Canada), NASCAR Whelen Euro Series), four regional series (ARCA Menards Series, ARCA Menards Series East & West and the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour) and a local grassroots series (NASCAR Advance Auto Parts Weekly Series). The International Motor Sports Association™ (IMSA®) governs the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship™, the premier U.S. sports car series. NASCAR also owns Motor Racing Network, Racing Electronics, and ONE DAYTONA. Based in Daytona Beach, Florida, with offices in eight cities across North America, NASCAR sanctions more than 1,200 races annually in 12 countries and more than 30 U.S. states. For more information visit www.NASCAR.com and www.IMSA.com, and follow NASCAR on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat (‘NASCAR’).

The only surprise in all that is Phoenix has hosted the Championship Race going on 4 years. For some reason it’s felt way longer than that

As long as NASCAR fans complain about "cold weather," we're stuck with venues in the Southwest or Florida.

I would put it in Charlotte personally.

Homestead-Miami Speedway was fine.

Nobody wants this in Phoenix. We keep doing this in hopes that someone's going to win from 15th on a divebomb in overtime. Just like the penultimate race being in Martinsville in the hopes that someone's going to dump the leader to make it in.

Charlotte is an SMI track so that won't ever happen.

As @AndyMarquisLive says, NASCAR will 1000% keep the finale at an ISC track. That leaves the options to be- Phoenix, Homestead, Auto Club, Talladega, Darlington, Daytona, Martinsville although October there is cold enough.

It's going to be at Phoenix for the forseeable future. The industry would revolt if it were ever at a plate track. Auto Club if/when that gets re-built is the only real competition to Phoenix losing the finale date in the near-medium future.

If we were to enter Fantasyland Las Vegas makes the most sense for a finale. Great weather, modern venue, good racing. They had the banquet there for years; bring it back and have it during the week after the championship. With F1 in Vegas, the Oakland A's coming, and the Raider's NASCAR should make something happen at LVMS to compete with those interests. NASCAR was the only game in town there for 20 years and now with all these new sports competing for fan money I'm sure attendance will only continue to drop.

As @AndyMarquisLive says, NASCAR will 1000% keep the finale at an ISC track. That leaves the options to be- Phoenix, Homestead, Auto Club, Talladega, Darlington, Daytona, Martinsville although October there is cold enough.

It's going to be at Phoenix for the forseeable future. The industry would revolt if it were ever at a plate track. Auto Club if/when that gets re-built is the only real competition to Phoenix losing the finale date in the near-medium future.

Homestead was fine, but I think that ship has sailed. NASCAR is absolutely hellbent on a west coast finale.

Back
Top Bottom