2024 NASCAR Schedules

"History" for Indycars, for Cup it's bad racing. This wasn't a wrong that needed righted this is making a mistake. This race won't be good and acting like it's special doesn't make it so.

The new car runs really well at the larger tracks, so I'm hopeful we'll see much better racing here than we did with the last car.

"History" for Indycars, for Cup it's bad racing. This wasn't a wrong that needed righted this is making a mistake. This race won't be good and acting like it's special doesn't make it so.
It was a wrong that was righted. Listen not everyone is going to agree on every track they like on the schedule, it’s just what it is. But to not even see that the premier racing series in the continental United States NEEDS to be racing on what is arguably the most famous race circuit in the world is a mistake in itself. I liked the racing there because it was different for stock cars than what we saw every week, it got strung out. Passing was hard and strategy was paramount, just a different kind of racing. I do think we can maybe agree the next Gen should get s sample size of races on the oval.

The Brickyard 400 was special because as a fan I could see how much it meant to teams and drivers winning at the same place their contemporaries in other forms of Motorsport won at and then later as that generation phased out and a new era took over, their hero’s they grew up idolizing won at. A race at Indianapolis is a love letter to every form of Motorsport. Everyone is entitled to their feelings and opinion, we’ve disagreed on this before but this is the right move. Always has been.

It was a wrong that was righted. Listen not everyone is going to agree on every track they like on the schedule, it’s just what it is. But to not even see that the premier racing series in the continental United States NEEDS to be racing on what is arguably the most famous race circuit in the world is a mistake in itself. I liked the racing there because it was different for stock cars than what we saw every week, it got strung out. Passing was hard and strategy was paramount, just a different kind of racing. I do think we can maybe agree the next Gen should get s sample size of races on the oval.

The Brickyard 400 was special because as a fan I could see how much it meant to teams and drivers winning at the same place their contemporaries in other forms of Motorsport won at and then later as that generation phased out and a new era took over, their hero’s they grew up idolizing won at. A race at Indianapolis is a love letter to every form of Motorsport. Everyone is entitled to their feelings and opinion, we’ve disagreed on this before but this is the right move. Always has been.
I'll sign off on this.

!!!!!!!!!!!! An incredible wrong has been righted. There should always be a place for Cup to race at the most famous speedway in the world. Let’s Go!!!!!

Yea, everyone keeps talking about the prestige of racing on the Indy oval, but that prestige is all on the IndyCar side. They're the one that's been racing at the oval since 1911 and they continue to put on a damn good show since. Aside from the first couple of years of the Brickyard 400, whenever NASCAR races on the Indy oval, it's been a snooze fest. If NASCAR can figure out how to make these cars racey on short tracks, then I'd like to see them race at Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park. Granted there's most likely not enough room for 40 cars, but that's why you have heat races to see who gets in to the A main and who doesn't.

We are here
FB_IMG_1695945224144.jpg

I don't want to hear a word from anyone about this and if it's not to expectation.

I don't have a horse in the fight, I like both configurations. Let's see how it pans out with the Gen 7 car.
Thinking back just to how genuinely excited McDowell was, I think a lot of the drivers (not all) could really care less. Not that they don't appreciate the oval and its history, but to a lot of them Indy is still Indy and always a big deal either way.
That being said, I think it has potential to be a hell of a race with these cars, but being a flat track makes me kind of nervous about that tbh.

Thinking back just to how genuinely excited McDowell was, I think a lot of the drivers (not all) could really care less. Not that they don't appreciate the oval and its history, but to a lot of them Indy is still Indy and always a big deal either way.
That being said, I think it has potential to be a hell of a race with these cars, but being a flat track makes me kind of nervous about that tbh.
Indy Oval is the same principle as a flat cornered short track. One lane, single file follow the leader. There has to be a wider race track with two grooves at least and the Indy oval doesn't have that. I hope I am wrong, but I don't see it being different with the new car.

Lots to unpack here.

They went from two road courses to like 8 pretty much overnight. Instead of racing at an actual dirt venue, they took a date from one of the best tracks and spent millions to pack dirt on top of it for a weekend. All while they developed a new car that actually excels at the 1.5+ ovals.

I guess it's a funny joke, but context is important. It's like going to a restaurant, ordering a steak, and being served a hotdog. Then the manager comes out and berates his patrons for complaining. "You ordered food and you got food. Can't please anyone! You clearly don't know what you want!" :rolleyes:

Lots to unpack here.

They went from two road courses to like 8 pretty much overnight. Instead of racing at an actual dirt venue, they took a date from one of the best tracks and spent millions to pack dirt on top of it for a weekend. All while they developed a new car that actually excels at the 1.5+ ovals.

I guess it's a funny joke, but context is important. It's like going to a restaurant, ordering a steak, and being served a hotdog. Then the manager comes out and berates his patrons for complaining. "You ordered food and you got food. Can't please anyone! You clearly don't know what you want!" :rolleyes:
The same guy that put dirt on Bristol, built the Roval. You never know unless you try. Another younger guy decided to try racing in a coliseum and then he decided to hold a street race. Both highly successful. I hope their are more surprises with the schedule coming out soon.

The same guy that put dirt on Bristol, built the Roval. You never know unless you try. Another younger guy decided to try racing in a coliseum and then he decided to hold a street race. Both highly successful. I hope their are more surprised with the schedule coming out soon.

I get that. I just think the constant "NASCAR fans don't know what they want" talk is silly.

I get that. I just think the constant "NASCAR fans don't know what they want" talk is silly.
Ask ten fans and get ten different answers lol. The guys in charge seem to have said the hell with it, we are going to put on races we like.

Indy Oval is the same principle as a flat cornered short track. One lane, single file follow the leader. There has to be a wider race track with two grooves at least and the Indy oval doesn't have that. I hope I am wrong, but I don't see it being different with the new car.
That’s why I am worried about it being flat. Hopefully I’m wrong.

Indy cars enter turns 1 and 3 flat. Throttle position full open. Just imagine doing that at 235 MPH. I think Nextgen corner speeds will be considerably higher than those attained with the truck arm / Galaxie 500 suspended cars.

Goodyear tested at The Speedway on August 14. They’ve got reams of the data they need to produce the desired result. They’ll be under the microscope on race weekend. Personally, I’d like to see them nail it so I can spend that afternoon watching 36 bad hot rods hurtling through the turns at the racetrack in Speedway, Indiana.

I think Goodyear, the car and the teams will excel and produce one of our highest rated races of next season.

The cars are no longer yawed out. So it’ll be much tougher to block in the corners and there should be large drafts down the straights

My take on any potential tire issue

If goodyear says the tire run is 15 laps

And teams decide to stretch to 18 laps and the tire comes apart

Tire did what it was supposed to do go 15 laps
There is no tire issue

Indy cars enter turns 1 and 3 flat. Throttle position full open. Just imagine doing that at 235 MPH. I think Nextgen corner speeds will be considerably higher than those attained with the truck arm / Galaxie 500 suspended cars.

Goodyear tested at The Speedway on August 14. They’ve got reams of the data they need to produce the desired result. They’ll be under the microscope on race weekend. Personally, I’d like to see them nail it so I can spend that afternoon watching 36 bad hot rods hurtling through the turns at the racetrack in Speedway, Indiana.

I think Goodyear, the car and the teams will excel and produce one of our highest rated races of next season.

I honestly hope you are correct, but unfortunately I seriously doubt it.

I agree. This car needs 2+ lanes to have a good race. You cannot follow a car without losing the nose even at a place like Martinsville. Doing 150 through one lane corners at Indy it’s going to be even worse. It’s going to race like Pocono.

Lots to unpack here.

they use it for more than a weekend because they host several major events leading up to the Nascar race and after the NASCAR race

Still doesn't make it a dirt track. While I don't think cup should be running on dirt, it's not the worst thing if they do, but do it on a dirt track!
Still doesn't make it a car than can race "decent" on a dirt track. Bristol out of all tracks was the best shot for a car that clunky on dirt. Any other dirt track with less banking and it would be worse. The car is way too heavy, and too slow. It was a fun experiment, but a decent dirt street stock would run circles around them with much better control.

Still doesn't make it a dirt track. While I don't think cup should be running on dirt, it's not the worst thing if they do, but do it on a dirt track!
There just isn't anywhere with the facilities needed as a dirt track so thus they had to cover something else in dirt. I even remember a rumor that North Wilkesboro was gonna be dirt for Cup at one point?

Anyways, NASCAR's calendar is probably going to have more and more variation in it year to year than it had for the whole of 2000-2019 put together for awhile. They're still experimenting to see what works and what doesn't and I even think you'll see races that are every other year scenarios. But also to quote Jim Cornette, "How are you gonna miss me if I never go away?" That's how I perceive the returns of the Brickyard 400 and a Charlotte fall oval race. It's too bad that not having 2 cup races at TMS would lead to SMI getting the mother of all lawsuits, since just skipping it for a year or two would probably help out things tremendously in terms of interest there.

I'm fine with a varied schedule. IMSA, F1, Indycar- they all switch up a solid 10-20% of their schedule each year. NASCAR is right about there. I think it's perfect. One-offs and two-offs are fine.

Back
Top Bottom