2024 Next Gen Car

Teams aim to get the best possible finish within the rule (or at least not getting caught). If thier offorts aren't enjoyable, it's not their responsibility.
No, it's NASCAR's responsibility to make sure that the events provide a product that will entice somebody other than us hardcore junkies to watch it. And while it's not the teams' direct responsibility, They certainly have a vested interest in seeing that happen.

It's interesting that over the years some plate races go single file for most of the race and some fans lose their minds, and that is Nascar's fault. Some of the teams that try to use fuel strategy and here we go again, it's Nascar's fault. Maybe they will have a race where they do both and heads will explode lol.

No, it's NASCAR's responsibility to make sure that the events provide a product that will entice somebody other than us hardcore junkies to watch it. And while it's not the teams' direct responsibility, They certainly have a vested interest in seeing that happen.
So, three wide at the finish with cars flying everywhere. This isn't about changing the product to appeal to those with a limited interest. How about helping those with a limited interest understand the dynamics of what they are watching....think Netflix here? NASCAR needs to quit shooting for a three wide tumbling finish every week. If we ever got that, it wouldn't be special anymore. NASCAR has failed to understand the metrics of social media, and is chasing its ass to appease click bait. This sport is great in every form with every car. Let's just race and quit trying to evaluate the quality of every ****** lap. God, I am tired of my sport getting dragged through the mud.

It's interesting that over the years some plate races go single file for most of the race and some fans lose their minds, and that is Nascar's fault. Some of the teams that try to use fuel strategy and here we go again, it's Nascar's fault. Maybe they will have a race where they do both and heads will explode lol.
I have been on record of generally despising plate racing in EVERY form it has taken since 1987, but this iteration is among the worst in my opinion. Convince me why I should even bother watching until after the last pit stop. If I want to watch 40 guys ride around saving fuel for 450 miles, I can go stand along the interstate. Come to think of it, those people are probably racing harder than the Cup guys were for 90% of the race. Without making RADICAL changes that I don't think will ever happen, I don't think it's fixable, which is what it is, just don't stand there with a straight face and tell me it's a good product.

Agree with KDB…nobody wants to watch cars in a pack driving around at 50% throttle to manage gas. Love Daytona and Talladega despite the plates, but this fuel balancing ballet is crap.

That is not true. How many times do you hear the crew telling cars to save on fuel. That means what it says.
Not for the whole damn race. Yes there are times saving fuel happens at points in races, but the plate races this year are constant fuel savings with a little racing mixed in at the end.

don't stand there with a straight face and tell me it's a good product.
What are you saying to people like me who think the product is just fine? I look at attitudes like this the same way I look at wine drinkers.....If I like it, why are you trying to tell me that I shouldn't?

I think Dave Moody has 5 different accounts on here.
They all say everything is fine and what you see is what you get, but when NASCAR finally concedes and makes changes (and they will) the Moody accounts are going to say they were pushing for said changes all along.
Watch.

Agree with KDB…nobody wants to watch cars in a pack driving around at 50% throttle to manage gas. Love Daytona and Talladega despite the plates, but this fuel balancing ballet is crap.
Not for the whole damn race. Yes there are times saving fuel happens at points in races, but the plate races this year are constant fuel savings with a little racing mixed in at the end.
Let's see either one of ya come up with ideas as to how you are going to make drivers run full throttle the whole race at the Super Speedways instead of real tears.

What are you saying to people like me who think the product is just fine? I look at attitudes like this the same way I look at wine drinkers.....If I like it, why are you trying to tell me that I shouldn't?
It's a free country, like whatever you like, but my guess is that if you really went back and watched pre-1988 plate races, heck, even early 90's ones WITH the plate you would see how good the product USED to be, when great cars and great drivers could truly make a difference, and the current product wouldn't look so fine.

It's a free country, like whatever you like, but my guess is that if you really went back and watched pre-1988 plate races, heck, even early 90's ones WITH the plate you would see how good the product USED to be, when great cars and great drivers could truly make a difference, and the current product wouldn't look so fine.
I hear you, but I also know that cost containment is a thing, and this car is designed to do that. In the course of so doing, you are going to level the playing field, and that is largely responsible for what we see. If drivers didn't make a difference the same guys wouldn't be winning all of the time. I will speak your language on this....Kyle Larson in literally anything makes a difference.

Some races become fuel economy runs depending on how the race circumstances play out. NASAR could go back to phantom cautions or teams could pay back markers to cause a caution (these techniques were rumored to be used in the past).

segments should be labeled so gas is not an issue.

Let's see either one of ya come up with ideas as to how you are going to make drivers run full throttle the whole race at the Super Speedways instead of real tears.
That's very simple, the top 10 cars get points at every caution during the race and no points for where you finish at the end. That means you only get points for racing into the top ten and you never know when they will be paid. You could also invert he field at every caution.

I hear you, but I also know that cost containment is a thing, and this car is designed to do that. In the course of so doing, you are going to level the playing field, and that is largely responsible for what we see. If drivers didn't make a difference the same guys wouldn't be winning all of the time. I will speak your language on this....Kyle Larson in literally anything makes a difference.
In my opinion, cost containment is a straw dog issue at this level because IF there are any cost savings, the owners just plow it back into the operation somewhere else. If HMS can send s big ass private jet with a Piper Cub sized number of team executives on it, you're not going to get an ounce of sympathy from me on the cost of Cup racing. Plus, cost containment is nice, but it can't come at the expense of the product or the whole exercise is pointless. As much as we sometimes want to ignore it, it's an entertainment business, and racing at its core is nothing but entertainment. If it fails at that mission, then it doesn't matter to me if it costs $1 or 1 billion dollars.

The biggest problem at Daytona & Talladega right now is the complete inability to pass without a ton of help. Cutting the spoiler down would be an easy fix.

The biggest problem at Daytona & Talladega right now is the complete inability to pass without a ton of help. Cutting the spoiler down would be an easy fix.
I told my ONE coworker that still pays attention to NASCAR after the race that you could have put Dale Earnhardt, Bill Elliott, Cale Yarborough, Jeff Gordon and Sterling Marlin in positions 30-34 on Sunday with twenty to go and I doubt a single one would crack the top 20 at the finish with that package

That's very simple, the top 10 cars get points at every caution during the race and no points for where you finish at the end. That means you only get points for racing into the top ten and you never know when they will be paid. You could also invert he field at every caution.
Nah, that won't cause some intentional wrecks. ;)

And yet, since the introduction of the new car, he hasn't even been the best performer on his OWN TEAM, a team that had two drivers have horrible years in 2022.
Of the four, I want to race him the least in Phoenix. By a mile.

In my opinion, cost containment is a straw dog issue at this level because IF there are any cost savings, the owners just plow it back into the operation somewhere else. If HMS can send s big ass private jet with a Piper Cub sized number of team executives on it, you're not going to get an ounce of sympathy from me on the cost of Cup racing. Plus, cost containment is nice, but it can't come at the expense of the product or the whole exercise is pointless. As much as we sometimes want to ignore it, it's an entertainment business, and racing at its core is nothing but entertainment. If it fails at that mission, then it doesn't matter to me if it costs $1 or 1 billion dollars.
Where was this when WE entered the series?

Where was this when WE entered the series?
I will admit to being one of those that feared that Toyota might throw so much money around NASCAR trying to get an edge that it would either drive GM out or to irrelevance. To their credit, that hasn't happened. Happy to be wrong about that possibility. I would LIKE to think that all the manufacturers understand that having competitors to beat makes more sense then driving them out of the sport.

I will admit to being one of those that feared that Toyota might throw so much money around NASCAR trying to get an edge that it would either drive GM out or to irrelevance. To their credit, that hasn't happened. Happy to be wrong about that possibility. I would LIKE to think that all the manufacturers understand that having competitors to beat makes more sense then driving them out of the sport.
Thank you.

Let's see what you have to say when NASCAR makes changes that you don't think are warranted.

Back
Top Bottom