2024 Rolex 24 at DAYTONA

Anyone know if the GTP Beemers had problems or are they just slow? #25 is 8 laps down; #24, 14 laps. That's got to be disappointing, to be trailing the field yet again.

I'm a bit surprised seven of the P2s are still on the same lap.

Jordan Taylor & Pato O’Ward are pretty decent I guess, ain’t no Scott Pruett racing Rolex anymore. 🤷‍♂️

Jordan Taylor & Pato O’Ward are pretty decent I guess, ain’t no Scott Pruett racing Rolex anymore. 🤷‍♂️
Pipo Derani at the age of 30 is probably the most decorated driver out in the GTP field. Taylor bros, Richard Westbrook, Felipe Nasr, Dane Cameron, Nick Tandy... This GTP field is just as good, IMHO.

Love the days of Scott Pruett, Christian Fittpaldi, Papis, etc.

However, post merger this crop of drivers over the last decade are just as good, strength of field wise.

NBC Sports needs to do a better job of identifying who the championship contenders are in each class. Idk it’s like the complete opposite of NASCAR where they won’t shut up about it.

Pipo Derani at the age of 30 is probably the most decorated driver out in the GTP field. Taylor bros, Richard Westbrook, Felipe Nasr, Dane Cameron, Nick Tandy... This GTP field is just as good, IMHO.

Love the days of Scott Pruett, Christian Fittpaldi, Papis, etc.

However, post merger this crop of drivers over the last decade are just as good, strength of field wise.

Yeah Westbrook isn’t bad. I feel like some of these sports car drivers present day don’t market themselves as well or align as a team & the manufacturers do all the work?

Yeah Westbrook isn’t bad. I feel like some of these sports car drivers present day don’t market themselves as well or align as a team & the manufacturers do all the work?
This is why I appreciate Toyota/Lexus for marketing Jack Hawksworth and Ben Barnicoat for commercials. Seems like Caddilac is marketing using Aitken and Derani as well, some teams and OEMs have gotten it right. Wish we would see more of it.

Scott Pruett was one of those talents that shows up in a field every generation or two. The endurance guest drivers have a lot of star appeal from their primary series, but there's still a ton of full-time talent here.

For those people who complain 'stock car racing isn't stock any more' and 'there's no brand identity in NASCAR any more', GTD is as close as you're going to come at a professional level. I'd love to see this series reach NASCAR's level of national awareness.

The private Porsches are right there with Roger! The brand would own this if it wasn't for one little thing...

TV reporting some sort of performance issue with at least one of the Porsches. They're making too much power beyond what they're permitted; sounds like a BOP thing? At least three drive-thru penalties. Nick Tandy says Porsche / team isn't sure what's going on or how to fix it, and the drivers are having to walk a tightrope to manage the performance.

Maybe they sandbagged too much at the Roar :p

C'mon, Peacock, at least change the order of the ads occasionally. Fortunately, Disney has a rotation of ads in its segment.

I wonder if Cyclones knows their head coach is currently leading the biggest race of the IMSA season

Both AWA Corvettes retired. #4 Pratt Miller entry went to the garage after leaking oil for hours.

Tough debut for that car in customer hands. Sister car #3 still has a chance in GTD Pro though.

Back
Top Bottom