2025 NASCAR TV contract

Streaming should absolutely replace cable. It already is replacing cable.

EVERY race should be available on OTT (Streaming), whether it's Fox/Prime and NBC/Peacock, some other variation, or NASCAR itself. Races that aren't on Fox or NBC should be available on Prime Video and Peacock before they're shipped off to FS1 and USA. There should not be a single race that's "only available" on FS1 or USA. The only exception to cable vs. streaming is WBD, in which NASCAR would be better served on TNT than on B/R Sports.

The only time "cable only" broadcasts should be a goal is if we were talking about ESPN or ESPN2.

As for NASCAR being spread across too many properties, based on the reporting, it sounds like NASCAR wants either Amazon or WB Discovery to take the entire Summer Series package for that very reason.
I AGREE that every race should be available on a streaming platform. I DON'T agree that ANY race should be ONLY available by streaming. The whole Summer series idea is just as stupid now as it was when TNT did it. If a network or platform won't commit to at least half of the schedule, NASCAR shouldn't want them.

I AGREE that every race should be available on a streaming platform. I DON'T agree that ANY race should be ONLY available by streaming. The whole Summer series idea is just as stupid now as it was when TNT did it. If a network or platform won't commit to at least half of the schedule, NASCAR shouldn't want them.

The TNT Summer Series was solely because Turner Sports owned NASCAR’s digital properties at the time and NASCAR had to give them something when ESPN outbid NBC and took over.

A reminder, on this front, that NBC did not produce their races in 2001-2006, Turner Sports did.

The TNT Summer Series was solely because Turner Sports owned NASCAR’s digital properties at the time and NASCAR had to give them something when ESPN outbid NBC and took over.

A reminder, on this front, that NBC did not produce their races in 2001-2006, Turner Sports did.
Yes, and it was a bad setup all the way around. NASCAR should have done what Turner was doing themselves, but they wanted the money, so they farmed out the work, and got crappy content and a fractured TV schedule in trade. If it weren't for not wanting to totally surrender the editorial content of the broadcasts totally over to NASCAR, I would suggest that NASCAR should emulate the old Diamond P deal with the NHRA. Produce and package the entire event yourself with a consistent set of broadcasters and producers for the whole year, and then just sell the completed package to the bidders that fit the best.

Doesn't matter for me, I have had XM for years, not for Nastycar but, for music anywhere I am without commercials. If I can not DVR the race then I will not be seeing the race on TV. I watch all the races via DVR and watch when I want to, not when Nastycar says I am suppose to. I have a very active life and when the races are on I am doing other things 99.9% of the time.

FWIW, I think having races all over the place on TV is a dumbass move. JMHO
It just seemed like you was suggesting that for people who would have to miss some of those races that might be on a service they don’t have, but I guess not.

I’m gonna use your post next time I see someone say “only wrestling fans bring up demos.”

Thanks
I assume baseball fans bring it up regularly. That's another sport with an aging fan base. The rules changes this year have reduced game times but I don't know if that's bringing in younger viewers.

I assume baseball fans bring it up regularly. That's another sport with an aging fan base. The rules changes this year have reduced game times but I don't know if that's bringing in younger viewers.
It’s been discussed thoroughly here, but RSNs and blackouts are a huge impediment to baseball and attracting new viewers.

I would watch at least 50 Orioles games a year if I could.

New York and Boston not making it in the postseason hurt them too.

And MLB now has a playoff problem. Tbe current format, so far, guarantees the worst teams who make it in will make the World Series.

This year’s World Series was equivalent to Jacksonville and Minnesota playing in the Super Bowl.

Being a huge wrestling fan like I am, I see it all the time when AEW doesn’t get anywhere near the total views WWE does but are pretty close in the demo(sometimes beats them in if) and WWE fans will say “only AEW fans care about demos” like?? Nah that’s what advertisers care about. 😂 so it really made me happy to see it mentioned about racing. But yeah, it’s why like every form of media tries to catheter to the young fanbase because that’s who matters for ad revenue.

It’s been discussed thoroughly here, but RSNs and blackouts are a huge impediment to baseball and attracting new viewers.

And MLB now has a playoff problem. Tbe current format, so far, guarantees the worst teams who make it in will make the World Series.

This year’s World Series was equivalent to Jacksonville and Minnesota playing in the Super Bowl.
Same with the Braves games, hell I’d watch almost all of them if I could, but I got to wait for the few national televised games because Dish doesn’t carry Bally, and honestly as much as it cost we been thinking of getting rid of it. Might get Hulu TV, which also doesn’t have it but at least it’s like half the price

Same with the Braves games, hell I’d watch almost all of them if I could, but I got to wait for the few national televised games because Dish doesn’t carry Bally, and honestly as much as it cost we been thinking of getting rid of it. Might get Hulu TV, which also doesn’t have it but at least it’s like half the price
Bally Sports (Sinclair) is what’s gonna force change with RSNs and contracts.

They are having ongoing disputes with basically every carrier.

I don’t agree with this at all.

Starting pitching becoming less important and extremely large veteran salaries have increased parity quite a bit. Look at the Angels, 3 insane salaries and they can’t afford anyone else. Arizona and Texas were two very complete teams

I don’t agree with this at all.

Starting pitching becoming less important and extremely large veteran salaries have increased parity quite a bit. Look at the Angels, 3 insane salaries and they can’t afford anyone else. Arizona and Texas were two very complete teams
MLB contracts are insane because we have the Yankees and Dodgers trying to buy championships.

Can someone explain to me the TNT/Amazon split of the 10 races? What I am trying to understand is will you need to be able to stream off the internet to watch the race or will the race still be covered on TV/Cable?

Utter is saying TNT rather than Max, so we’ll see. Should be announced Wednesday evening.

14 races each for FOX and NBC at the beginning/end, TNT and Amazon to split the middle 10.

I’m trying to understand the math here.

14 and 14 is 28 plus 10 is 38. If you include the 36 races, the clash, the duels, and the all star stuff… wouldn’t that be 39?(as I’m not gonna count the duels twice and all star open and race separately being they would be the same broadcast) unless they plan on dropping the clash or something in 2025.

I’m trying to understand the math here.

14 and 14 is 28 plus 10 is 38. If you include the 36 races, the clash, the duels, and the all star stuff… wouldn’t that be 39?(as I’m not gonna count the duels twice and all star open and race separately being they would be the same broadcast) unless they plan on dropping the clash or something in 2025.

They're counting the Clash and All Star Race in that 14 + 14 + 10.

The Duels will be on whatever station gets the Daytona 500, which I imagine will remain exclusive to Fox Sports.

I could see the Clash and All Star Race eventually becoming regular season races too. North Wilkesboro will end up with a points-paying race I'm sure.

$7.7B from 2025-2031 ($1.1B/year). Previous was $820M annually.

5 FOX
9 FS1
5 Amazon Prime Video
5 TNT w/Max simulcast
4 NBC
10 USA

That’s about half as many OTA Cup races as there are now (20 down to 9) so I’m surprised by that.

Trucks stay with FOX/FS1.

Cup practice/qualifying (with the exception of Clash, Daytona 500, All-Star activities) will be on Amazon Prime from the start of the season until the end of their 5-race stretch. P&Q will then be carried on Max and truTV for the remainder of the season.

5 FOX
9 FS1
5 Amazon Prime Video
5 TNT w/Max simulcast
4 NBC
10 USA

That’s about half as many OTA Cup races as there are now (20 down to 9) so I’m surprised by that.

Cup practice/qualifying (with the exception of Clash, Daytona 500, All-Star activities) will be on Amazon Prime from the start of the season until the end of their 5-race stretch. P&Q will then be carried on Max and truTV for the remainder of the season.

They have a lot of toes all over the place with this.

Find out what works and what doesn't and hopefully it can be siphoned to make it simpler to find things. It's a big risk, but you never know.

The increase is substantial though, that cannot be denied.

5 FOX
9 FS1
5 Amazon Prime Video
5 TNT w/Max simulcast
4 NBC
10 USA

I really like this setup

A unique part of these deals is that NASCAR carved out a package of practice and qualifying sessions for the Cup Series. Amazon Prime will carry these events from the start of the season through the end of its races (with the exception of the Busch Light Clash exhibition, Daytona 500 and NASCAR All-Star Race exhibition, which will remain with Fox).

WBD’s Max will carry these events for the remainder of the season after that; practice and qualifying will stream on Max and air on linear TV on truTV.

:XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL:

This is absolutely hideous.

I'm just curious if the Fox/FS1 and NBC/USA races will be available on streaming too.

If not, this is a very, VERY bad deal. Cable TV is a dying platform, and NASCAR is poised to become the least accessible sport.

^It could have been a lot worse with only 5 streaming races on a platform most people already have. I'm sure the FOX/NBC races will be streamed on the Fox Sports and Peacock apps.

FAQ says “Certain races will be simulcast on Peacock over the final NBC stretch as well.”

This year they simulcast Chicago, Daytona, and Phoenix which were all OTA NBC races.

FAQ says “Certain races will be simulcast on Peacock over the final NBC stretch as well.”

This year they simulcast Chicago, Daytona, and Phoenix which were all OTA NBC races.
Chicago would be on TNT. Indianapolis too.

As it stands.

I imagine Daytona will end up back in July if the Jaguars go there during Everbank renovations.

Chicago would be on TNT. Indianapolis too.

As it stands.

I imagine Daytona will end up back in July if the Jaguars go there during Everbank renovations.
I imagine there will be a lot of knock-on effects on the calendar to fit certain events with certain partners.

But I was getting at the fact that at least in the past they’ve simulcast a small handful of NBC races rather than USA, so I’m not sure that that provision is changing much going forward. I’m kinda surprised it’s not.

I imagine there will be a lot of knock-on effects on the calendar to fit certain events with certain partners.

But I was getting at the fact that at least in the past they’ve simulcast a small handful of NBC races rather than USA, so I’m not sure that that provision is changing much going forward. I’m kinda surprised it’s not.
Seems like Fox and NBC are using NASCAR to prop up their cable platforms.

Fox needed to go. More races on FS1 (which often isn’t on basic cable), no streaming partner, and they cover the sport like a joke?

Good job NASCAR, your love affair with Fox is a detriment at this point.

Back
Top Bottom