2025 schedule news/rumors

If they took a race away from almost anywhere else it probably would’ve had a much better reception. Bristol is one of maybe five tracks that are more or less regarded as untouchable in the NASCAR world. If they turned a Kansas race into an Eldora weekend it wouldn’t be as controversial.
This is the biggest reason the dirt experiment was unpopular. People are fine with a dirt race, but nobody asked it to come at the expense of a paved short track.

Kern County seems really ambitious. It’s around 115 miles from LA, which is farther than NYC is from Pocono and Boston is from Loudon. Hell, Charlotte is closer to Darlington than LA is to Kern County.
Long Beach feels more realistic.

NASCAR has a street race, a race at a football field, and runs at Gateway. Kern County may not be that unrealistic at all.

This is the biggest reason the dirt experiment was unpopular. People are fine with a dirt race, but nobody asked it to come at the expense of a paved short track.

Unpopular? Had better attendance than Bristol Spring 2019 LOL. The casuals liked it too.

Unpopular? Had better attendance than Bristol Spring 2019 LOL. The casuals liked it too.
The casuals would get their socks knocked off by a Cup race at a dirt track like Knoxville. Bristol is more than fine the way it is imo, better yet if the casuals want to watch a dirt race, no finer series than WoO

In all honesty, it’s way too early to do this. It’s just the 2nd race of the year, I found the schedule talk to be a bit exhausting last year. I know my own fault for coming into this thread, but yea back to Atlanta Pre Race.

In all honesty, it’s way too early to do this. It’s just the 2nd race of the year, I found the schedule talk to be a bit exhausting last year. I know my own fault for coming into this thread, but yea back to Atlanta Pre Race.
2025 Silly Season thread ought to be cranking up any day now. :p

I’d like to see an offseason international race in Australia.

Those middle of the night races in Japan were fun.
NASCAR would be a great cultural fit with Australia. So many awesome tracks over there too.

Some kind of Supercars/Cup Series speed fest would be awesome.

NASCAR would be a great cultural fit with Australia. So many awesome tracks over there too.

Some kind of Supercars/Cup Series speed fest would be awesome.

I’m all for bringing back NASCAR Thunder Special, I would have liked to see them try ice & dirt concepts a bit more.

I follow all the international NASCAR series on Facebook and this popped up on the Mexico Series page about 20 minutes ago. Translated from Spanish onviously. Could this be where the Clash is going? Guadalajara was one of the places mentioned
Screenshot_20240228_193435_Facebook.jpg

I follow all the international NASCAR series on Facebook and this popped up on the Mexico Series page about 20 minutes ago. Translated from Spanish onviously. Could this be where the Clash is going? Guadalajara was one of the places mentioned
View attachment 77161
Pretty nice structure, nice enough to be selected as a World Cup 2026 host. Seats around 50k. Doesn’t seem like a bad choice at all if it ends up there.

1709179434622.jpeg

1709179470671.jpeg

Now that I've gone off half-****ed with everyone else, I notice the post @kkfan91 put up explicitly says 'Mexico series' and 'using the vicinity of this complex'. Nothing about Cup or Clash; and implying the course would be around the facility, not inside.

Now that I've gone off half-****ed with everyone else, I notice the post @kkfan91 put up explicitly says 'Mexico series' and 'using the vicinity of this complex'. Nothing about Cup or Clash; and implying the course would be around the facility, not inside.
Nope this was me connecting potential dots based off rumors that have been out there.

I'd prefer cars racing AROUND Dodger instead of a miniscule track. That way, there's a better chance of a full field and green flag stops with tire changes and refueling. But if it's the non-points Clash and it's jammed inside, I'll skip it again.

Jordan Bianchi’s “informed speculation” at the end of the Teardown was that the championship race will be moving back to Homestead in 2025.

Also, Phelps said there were discussions on having a joint weekend with Formula E at Dodger Stadium, but given the tense used it sounds as though it didn’t come to pass? There were rumors of FE at Dodger Stadium as far back as last summer.

Would be a much better venue for the championship than Phoenix. Better racing yes, but still not ideal. I went to many championships there and enjoyed them until the last couple, which resembled the racing we’ve been getting at Phoenix. Wish there was a great short track available with warm weather for this event.

Would be a much better venue for the championship than Phoenix. Better racing yes, but still not ideal. I went to many championships there and enjoyed them until the last couple, which resembled the racing we’ve been getting at Phoenix. Wish there was a great short track available with warm weather for this event.
Maybe Fontana can be that track. Fingers crossed.

Those were NA18D races.

I love the Championship race, and I have had a blast at the last two. Number 3 coming up in November. If this thing moves to Homestead, I am fine with Phoenix in the Round of 8. I watched the Semi in '19, and in some ways, that was as much if not more fun than the final. Intense without the hoopla.

It would be kinda clunky at those speeds, but I think the race track could work in its current configuration. Gen7 has a shorter length and wheelbase than modern Indy cars. But it would make for pretty tough logistics since it’s already such a crowded paddock area.

Bigger yet, what would be in it for IndyCar to have NASCAR join the card at one of their blue ribbon events, and has anyone secured the other 50% stake in GPLB from Kevin Kalkhoven’s estate yet?
Bidding for the 50% stake in the GPLB is quite possibly coming down to Penske Entertainment trying to outbid NASCAR. Oh boy.

Bidding for the 50% stake in the GPLB is quite possibly coming down to Penske Entertainment trying to outbid NASCAR. Oh boy.

Oh dear. I’m about to become Penske’s biggest cheerleader

Bringing back the Speedway Division
Screenshot_20240326_165633_Chrome.jpg

Yeah. I don't care how good the racing is if it takes me hours to get out of the parking lot (for example).
Huh. I don't care how long it takes to get out if the racing's really good. But I was a regular attendee at Rockingham; getting out of there was an education in patience.

Back
Top Bottom