'21 Generation 7 Car news

Man, that would be huge to have Dodge back. Another OEM, another chance for young drivers to develop and have a platform.

Also, with Brad K being an owner/driver, I have a feeling Roush will be the first to get a call. That's if this becomes a reality.
I can't see that happening as long as Jack has anything to do with the team. The man is about as die hard Ford as they come.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

If Dodge made a come back (again) it could be huge for teams like front row, spire or trackhouse.

I can't see that happening as long as Jack has anything to do with the team. The man is about as die hard Ford as they come.

Roush is not the A-team anymore. With SHR and Penske, why not take a risk with Dodge?

Roush can always rebrand with Dodge.

They definitely can, but I just don't see Jack allowing it to happen. He has too many other business dealings with Ford besides nascar

He probably wears Ford underwear, Jack ain't moving anywhere. Roush/Yates engines ring a bell, the ones that are built for the Fords in the series.

I cant see it either. But I never thought Tony would leave GM. The thing is those Roush/Yates engines are a really really nice asset to have

I cant see it either. But I never thought Tony would leave GM either. The thing is those Roush/Yates engines are a really really nice asset to have
That one made more sense as it allowed them to be independent instead of a HMS satellite team. Towards the end it almost sounded as though things between the two weren't that great. I remember hearing rumors of SHR wanting chassis design changes and HMS basically telling them "this is how we build them"

Roush is not the A-team anymore. With SHR and Penske, why not take a risk with Dodge?

Roush can always rebrand with Dodge.
I actually think either Penske or SHR would move to become the flagship team for Dodge in that case. I think the TSR NHRA program is supposed to be with them, whenever those details are announced.

WHY? If they come back, I am sure they will be looking for winning teams.
What current winning teams do they have a realistic shot at? 23XI and JGR are pretty locked up with Toyota. HMS and RCR have the chevy engine program so I don't see them jumping ship. RFR is part of the Ford engine program. Penske and SHR seem pretty dedicated to Ford.

So who does that leave???

What current winning teams do they have a realistic shot at? 23XI and JGR are pretty locked up with Toyota. HMS and RCR have the chevy engine program so I don't see them jumping ship. RFR is part of the Ford engine program. Penske and SHR seem pretty dedicated to Ford.

So who does that leave???

Do they?

I actually think either Penske or SHR would move to become the flagship team for Dodge in that case. I think the TSR NHRA program is supposed to be with them, whenever those details are announced.
I forgot about the NHRA team.

I think there is more smoke than ever for Dodge to jump in. We'll see how it plays out over 2022.

I forgot about the NHRA team.

I think there is more smoke than ever for Dodge to jump in. We'll see how it plays out over 2022.
The timing is right. When Penske had Dodge, he built a machine shop and they built all of their engines, I wonder if he would go thru all that again if he did go with Dodge. Nascar is sticking with the 550 package among the other packages for 2022 and that could help an engine builder in a small way.

Where’s Mr. Sublett?

From just short of five years ago,

and

Dodge has been racing and running up front in the Pinty's series in Canada the whole time. The economics could be right for them to return I hope

1636541591097.png
LR corner

I think it would be a excellent time to get a new manufacture or previous manufacturer back into cup. With pretty much everything coming from Nascar all they need is a reliable engine. Are there any qualifications that a new manufacturer has to make? Like in the olden days where they would have to produce so many cars for the street that they run on the track

Body approval process might be the next hardest thing for a new manufacturer after engines. Maintaining the right appearance while keeping the proper aero can be difficult

Body approval process might be the next hardest thing for a new manufacturer after engines. Maintaining the right appearance while keeping the proper aero can be difficult

I hope they do what they did to the Xfinity cars. In the areas on the bodies where the teams like to tweek the aero, they have added a tamper proof surface. They also have sensors embedded in the body to prevent tampering.

1636558137388.png

I hope they do what they did to the Xfinity cars. In the areas on the bodies where the teams like to tweek the aero, they have added a tamper proof surface. They also have sensors embedded in the body to prevent tampering.

View attachment 58618
In theory those are great, but in reality they're not really needed. I'm not sure what nascar uses for scanning these bodies, but if it's anything like what we use at work you'll easily pick up on my anything that has been messed with

Yeah I think it has worked well. You don't hear of the Xfinities having to go to the rear, or illegal bondoing trying to get around the body rules.
Exactly. And the racing in the Xfinity series has been better for it.

Yeah I think it has worked well. You don't hear of the Xfinities having to go to the rear, or illegal bondoing trying to get around the body rules.
That's because Xfinity car bodies are not made by the teams. They literally purchase body panels and put them on the car. Also the composite bodies hold shape so much better than sheet metal. You lean against a steel body on a cup car and it's probably out of spec.

That's because Xfinity car bodies are not made by the teams. They literally purchase body panels and put them on the car. Also the composite bodies hold shape so much better than sheet metal. You lean against a steel body on a cup car and it's probably out of spec.

The label of who built the body, five star, is shown on the pic. They are doing the cup cars also.

Yeah. I bought some sheet metal a while back (9 car roof) and was amazed at how flimsy and thin it was.

Yeah. I bought some sheet metal a while back (9 car roof) and was amazed at how flimsy and thin it was.
Their frailness has been pretty frustrating to me and I am sure many others because it has really affected the racing because the cup cars are so fragile. Drivers have to tip toe around each other and a lot of moves aren't being made because of fear of damage. The racing will be so much better next year I am figuring.

Their frailness has been pretty frustrating to me and I am sure many others because it has really affected the racing because the cup cars are so fragile. Drivers have to tip toe around each other and a lot of moves aren't being made because of fear of damage. The racing will be so much better next year I am figuring.
If nothing else, you'll be able to slightly door each other without knocking the front aero out of what and ruining your race.

The new Dale Junior Download is all about the Next Gen car. I haven't listened yet, but they are touting this episode as a deep dive into the nitty gritty of the new car...

Back
Top Bottom