'21 Generation 7 Car news

The article doesn't say so but NASCAR teams employ more than just wrench-spinners. There's a lot of office types too.
The article does say so.

For those outside the industry it may seem that NASCAR teams are comprised of nothing more than mechanics, crewmembers who perform the pit stops during races, and drivers. But Frood points out that there are many positions within a team.

“There are so many different employment opportunities within NASCAR – mechanics, welders, marketers, accountants, engineers, pit crew athletes, truck drivers, public relations professionals, social media managers, etc.,” he said.

As opposed to your own verified facts from nowhere but your imagination?
@StandOnIt imagination is often presented as statements of fact. That's his game.
lol
The article: Forbes
reported by: Greg Engle Contributor. I have been around and covered NASCAR for over two decades.

The clip above with the wheel nut I thought was interesting, but damn, who was in charge of the lighting

Was listening to loose ends this am and heard 2 interesting things

1) Scott Graves said he thinks a lot of the issues that Ford has had this year was due to each team kinda being on their own island. Everyone was showing up trying their own things and there was very little sharing of data in the Ford camp.

2) Andy Petree said that a lot of single source parts are costing teams significantly more than teams were lead to believe.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

1) Scott Graves said he thinks a lot of the issues that Ford has had this year was due to each team kinda being on their own island. Everyone was showing up trying their own things and there was very little sharing of data in the Ford camp.

2) Andy Petree said that a lot of single source parts are costing teams significantly more than teams were lead to believe.

just ask what a trans rebuild is?? one source is never a good idea.all of this stuff was rebuilt in house before now has to go back to the source,not good!

EVERYTHING IS FINE!
Nothing to see here.gif

How the hell could this be? Sharing info is standard operating procedure now. This is on Rushbrook if you ask me. Get your house in order.

So IMO what is amazing about this car so far is the comers and goers in terms of teams and manufacturers. Chevy started strong. Toyota has caught up. Ford is bitching. This can turn in a couple of races as opposed to years past where you were looking at several races to claw back. This is probably about limited practices and learning. I wonder where we will be by Phoenix. Fascinating stuff....but will it be sustainable? At some point, all solutions converge in the engineering world (I think).

I don't think Ford has struggled. Penske has speed and Roush isn't running any worse than they have in the past decade.

One can argue that SHR has "struggled" overall, but maybe that speaks more to the caliber of their drivers.
We have a good chance of finding out if that is so or not with the Fords or any of them for that matter. They all are going to the wind tunnel. Good timing with a week off from points races.

lol
The article: Forbes
reported by: Greg Engle Contributor. I have been around and covered NASCAR for over two decades.

.....and this somehow makes your babble statements of fact? Got it.

I don't think Ford has struggled. Penske has speed and Roush isn't running any worse than they have in the past decade.

One can argue that SHR has "struggled" overall, but maybe that speaks more to the caliber of their drivers.
They are getting outperformed. Chevy came out of the gates on top (not the case anymore).....Toyota and Ford were on the same plane. Toyota has left Ford...and is outperforming everybody. Cars are fine....all of a sudden the vaunted Roush-Yates horsepower is the problem? Don't think so. This might be a Ford team problem of information sharing--teamwork.

As I suggested. For everyone bragging about how tough this car is compared to last gen, wait until we lose a driver to aortic dissection, 20 laps after slapping the wall. Seen it happen in off-road motorcycle racing when guys hit something solid like a tree or a cow. Get back on and fall off 3 minutes later dead as a hammer. No way to prevent this injury except build in stages of crushability.

But hey, we need to keep the cars rolling, no matter what, amiright? They signed up for it, right? Quit the whining. Just get another driver cause the show must go on.

What if we the locking mechanism a manual action?
Just spitballing, but that would make the action 100% the changers responsibility.

As I suggested. For everyone bragging about how tough this car is compared to last gen, wait until we lose a driver to aortic dissection, 20 laps after slapping the wall. Seen it happen in off-road motorcycle racing when guys hit something solid like a tree or a cow. Get back on and fall off 3 minutes later dead as a hammer. No way to prevent this injury except build in stages of crushability.

But hey, we need to keep the cars rolling, no matter what, amiright? They signed up for it, right? Quit the whining. Just get another driver cause the show must go on.
The worrisome part of this is that you’re serious.

You and jackman need to get together and at least come up with an I told ya so.

What if we the locking mechanism a manual action?
Just spitballing, but that would make the action 100% the changers responsibility.
I was surprised at how complicated it is and the assembly has so many moving parts. There isn't any way to be able to press down on both of those detents if they needed to.

Back
Top Bottom