'21 Generation 7 Car news

Now if caught is this simply a "failed inspection- go through again" or is it tampering a standard part which is the "Big One" penalty?

1655933666097.png

Johnny Klausmeier was saying last night most teams are up to 6 chassis now, well at least center sections. Said some parts still need to be used week to week but didn't elaborate on such parts

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Sometimes executives need to just let the racing speak for itself instead of coming up with stats to convince the fans it's good.

To me it's been pretty good. But that is the eye test, not some stat telling me

People didn’t seem to mind referencing statistics they considered unfavorable.
We spent like four years reading about how NA18D produced 3,000 passes at track X compared to 2,300 passes at track X in low DF races beforehand.

I agree the racing is better than it’s been in many years at intermediate tracks. Loop data doesn’t need to be used to support that. It’s mostly garbage data that gets muddied from simple things like green flag pit cycles or constant restarts. If cars can pass each other 25 laps into a run, and are off the throttle in the corners throughout the whole run, I’m good. They’ve been able to do that almost all year, so good deal.

That Na18 whatever car was the precursor to the next gen. Compared to earlier versions, it DID produce more passing, lead changes, and closer racing which are a combination of facts that DID increase interest in the sport. Many around here couldn't see thru their tears to realize that. Now somehow the same whiners are ok with the next Gen, a car that has improved and embellished on what was learned from the older "sweet 18" car. I'm glad all of you finally came around lol.

That Na18 whatever car was the precursor to the next gen. Compared to earlier versions, it DID produce more passing, lead changes, and closer racing which are a combination of facts that DID increase interest in the sport. Many around here couldn't see thru their tears to realize that. Now somehow the same whiners are ok with the next Gen, a car that has improved and embellished on what was learned from the older "sweet 18" car. I'm glad all of you finally came around lol.
There’s not much similarity at all between the two and I’m not sure how you could argue otherwise. They even scrapped the 550 HP/8-inch spoiler package, that was originally confirmed to carry over, after it was panned at the Charlotte test late last year. They added 120 HP back and cut the spoiler height in half and everyone liked it, and wound up with what we race now.

There’s not much similarity at all between the two and I’m not sure how you could argue otherwise. They even scrapped the 550 HP/8-inch spoiler package, that was originally confirmed to carry over, after it was panned at the Charlotte test late last year. They added 120 HP back and cut the spoiler height in half and everyone liked it, and wound up with what we race now.

Bottom line they didn't add anything, they cut HP to 670 all tracks except Atlanta and the two supers. They tested a number of spoiler packages

Bottom line they didn't add anything, they cut HP to 670 all tracks except Atlanta and the two supers. They tested a number of spoiler packages
How do you get from 550 to 670?

They confirmed 550 for the new car, which was what they were already running at many tracks before, and then it went bust at testing.

The biggest problem (the 1.5 cookie cutters) has been fixed, and the results have been outstanding. They just need to tweak the short track and road course packages, which seems to be in the works. They definitely got it right with this car.
This car has so many more things that can be changed there's no reason they shouldn't be able to make it good for short tracks

I'm not sure where else to put this because I couldn't find any recent threads about manufacturer talk, but it sounds like Nissan will be getting out of the fullsize truck market. No plans to build a next generation Titan as they seem to be fine with letting the current generation live for a few more years and then killing it off.

I think this is relevant because Nissan always seemed like a logical candidate to join NASCAR. It has always been my opinion that any manufacturer in NASCAR needs to buy in at all levels, which is why I never wanted Honda or VW or Hyundai because they didn't have a fullsize truck to compete in the Truck Series.

I'm still hoping to see Dodge come back, but nobody else seems realistic at this point.

Nissan has a bit of strange history. They came to the U.S. and called themselves Datsun. The reason was if they failed it wouldn't harm the Nissan name. Leno had on his program the company exec who persuaded his co workers to change the name of their sports car called the "fairlady" to 240Z. He said American's liked numbers and letters. I never thought Nissan would get into Nascar myself.

I never thought Nissan would get into Nascar myself.

Yeah, I never heard much regarding their potential interest in joining NASCAR. I doubt it was ever a serious consideration. Although I have to wonder, had they joined NASCAR at some point in the last decade or so, could it have helped their sales enough? I would imagine Toyota feels their presence in the Truck Series helped sales of the Tundra.

which is why I never wanted Honda or VW or Hyundai because they didn't have a fullsize truck to compete in the Truck Series.
The same thing was said about Toyota and a two door muscle-type car. There are ways around that obviously. For example, Ford runs a Puma which is a crossover in the WRC....not exactly a rally type of car, but it is the product that they want to promote....they have a dimension type of formula that literally could make any model work. Honda has the Ridgeline (horrid "truck") that could work.

Nissan has a bit of strange history. They came to the U.S. and called themselves Datsun. The reason was if they failed it wouldn't harm the Nissan name. Leno had on his program the company exec who persuaded his co workers to change the name of their sports car called the "fairlady" to 240Z. He said American's liked numbers and letters. I never thought Nissan would get into Nascar myself.
I have never seen Nissan as a motorsports player, honestly.

I would imagine Toyota feels their presence in the Truck Series helped sales of the Tundra.
Toyota is way high on the showroom impact of its NASCAR involvement.

I would imagine Toyota feels their presence in the Truck Series helped sales of the Tundra.

The same thing was said about Toyota and a two door muscle-type car. There are ways around that obviously. For example, Ford runs a Puma which is a crossover in the WRC....not exactly a rally type of car, but it is the product that they want to promote....they have a dimension type of formula that literally could make any model work. Honda has the Ridgeline (horrid "truck") that could work.
Already been tried with the Ford Ranchero and the Chevy El Camino. Metamorphics, not quite a car or a truck. I had both BTW they pulled boats great.

When Toyota joined, the other manufacturers weren't running two door muscle cars. GM started running FWD models at the end of the 80's, and Ford started running a sedan at the end of the 90's. Toyota produced a V8 and had a midsize car and a fullsize truck; IMO that's good enough to justify entry into NASCAR.

Honda doesn't make a V8 and the Ridgeline isn't a real truck. I know going forward the whole V8 thing isn't going to matter, and I know the "Supra" was bastardized into a NASCAR template, but I don't see how a Ridgeline could be a real possibility as an entrant into the Truck Series.

When Toyota joined, the other manufacturers weren't running two door muscle cars. GM started running FWD models at the end of the 80's, and Ford started running a sedan at the end of the 90's. Toyota produced a V8 and had a midsize car and a fullsize truck; IMO that's good enough to justify entry into NASCAR.

Honda doesn't make a V8 and the Ridgeline isn't a real truck. I know going forward the whole V8 thing isn't going to matter, and I know the "Supra" was bastardized into a NASCAR template, but I don't see how a Ridgeline could be a real possibility as an entrant into the Truck Series.
Eh, I beg to differ. The yotas took a german developed 2 seater, stretched it and widened it and called it Xfinity. Honda can do the same thing. Where there is a will there is a way. Honda lacks the will.
I think Chevy with it's stock LS V8 motors are the closest thing to a Nascar V8 but none of them run anything like a Nascar V8 in their production vehicles. Any manufacturer can make their stuff fit, but it is one hell of an undertaking to race in any of the series these days. BuKu money.

Eh, I beg to differ. The yotas took a german developed 2 seater, stretched it and widened it and called it Xfinity. Honda can do the same thing. Where there is a will there is a way. Honda lacks the will.
I think Chevy with it's stock LS V8 motors are the closest thing to a Nascar V8 but none of them run anything like a Nascar V8 in their production vehicles. Any manufacturer can make their stuff fit, but it is one hell of an undertaking to race in any of the series these days. BuKu money.

Fair point.

It's easy to criticize GM for the FWD models, it's easy to criticize Ford for a sedan, it's easy to criticize Toyota for the Supra.....but they can all be justified on some level. But a Honda Ridgeline in the Truck Series? It's not a V8 and it's not available in a regular cab -- because it's not a real body-on-frame pickup. It's a Pilot with the back cut off. Gotta draw the line somewhere.

To that point, I don't see the benefit for Honda. Why would they enter NASCAR when their product offerings don't relate?

Back
Top Bottom