23XI statement on not signing Charter agreement

I can’t see 3 days ever returning due to cost.

I don't have any sympathy for the teams in this regard.

Maybe they should all quit trying to turn their drivers into emotionless robots and let them have personalities that attract fans and sponsor interest again.

I remember when cost cutting efforts were being proposed by NASCAR around the time of The Great Recession, and the team owners were literally on ESPN and SPEED Channel saying they're going to spend that money elsewhere anyway so NASCAR shouldn't bother.

Well, if there's one thing I learned in Vegas, the other teams are 100% with 23XI & FRM. And I don't mean just rooting for them. I mean, 100% active support. Depositions are going to be really fun! "Well gosh darn, I love NASCAR, I really love NASCAR, I have no interest in fighting them! But since I'm under oath and could go to jail if I lie, I guess I gotta talk about some secrets, gosh darn!"

And Jordan is all in. He has already committed to fund the team at the same level even if running without charters. Jenkins too I believe, but I don't know that as well as I do the Jordan piece. They will operate in 2025 with the same budget.

The sense is NASCAR will eventually settle before all their shadiness comes out (because it most certainly will), and figure out a way for teams to permanently own (buy) the charters. That's what this is all about.

Nailed it!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Not really. That's just gobbling up propaganda.

It will either be proved, or defended with facts, that NASCAR IS or ISNT violating antitrust laws, and the judge will make a ruling, if they don't settle.

The hearsay isn't relevant.

Now now Swiftie cover girl…don’t get your panties in a wad. My point was to the statement being built on emotional drivel verses facts. I know lawyers will use both at times, but it seems awfully early to resort to that in statements. I could just as easily ask why you lick the team’s sac without considering the possibility NASCAR might be right?

My perspective is more from the business model itself. We have little knowledge of how this will play out, but this first phase will decide if the plaintiff’s get to go fishing for evidence via discovery, and if Hamcrap gets to keep receiving charter funds next season while they have no charter. If the judge rules for NASCAR in either or both, it makes things tough for super lawyer.

NASCAR may be right? About what?

I just don't understand what people are even talking about.

There's no NASCAR being right.

There's only are they or aren't they breaking a law? That's it. There's nothing else to discuss lol

Well, if there's one thing I learned in Vegas, the other teams are 100% with 23XI & FRM. And I don't mean just rooting for them. I mean, 100% active support. Depositions are going to be really fun! "Well gosh darn, I love NASCAR, I really love NASCAR, I have no interest in fighting them! But since I'm under oath and could go to jail if I lie, I guess I gotta talk about some secrets, gosh darn!"

And Jordan is all in. He has already committed to fund the team at the same level even if running without charters. Jenkins too I believe, but I don't know that as well as I do the Jordan piece. They will operate in 2025 with the same budget.

The sense is NASCAR will eventually settle before all their shadiness comes out (because it most certainly will), and figure out a way for teams to permanently own (buy) the charters. That's what this is all about.

Well there you have it.

We can drop the narrative that all the other teams were fine, and that 23XI and FRM were on an island.

Our insider tells us the teams are all onboard.

Well there you have it.

We can drop the narrative that all the other teams were fine, and that 23XI and FRM were on an island.

I mean, even if I didn't actually know these people, why would anyone assume otherwise? You'd have to be dense just to ignore the sheer logic of it. If your neighbor is willing to spend whatever it takes to fight your county over elevated property taxes and unfair land ownership issues, you can still be "fine" paying the taxes and living on the land you may or may not actually own, but trust me...you won't just be rooting for your neighbor to win, you'd be helping them how you can.

Well there you have it.

I'm not sure how the other owners feel has any relevance to the lawsuit though.

They already voluntarily entered into contract with nascar. Now it's up to the legal system to determine if nascar is in any way acting outside the law.

IMO they're not and I'll stand by that. It's a private company and no one is forced to compete and they're definitely not forced to compete without compensation. Teams are allowed to leave at any time.

They already voluntarily entered into contract with nascar. Now it's up to the legal system to determine if nascar is in any way acting outside the law.

IMO they're not and I'll stand by that. It's a private company and no one is forced to compete and they're definitely not forced to compete without compensation. Teams are allowed to leave at any time.

Yeah, it should be good when all of the other teams who signed break down in tears on the stand.

If any or all of them are called to testify, what they have to say and provide evidence of will be more than relevant.

Discovery is yet to occur. No evidence of any kind has been presented to the court or to the public.

It isn’t possible to conclude their guilt or innocence without it … as you correctly state above “it’s up to the legal system to determine if NASCARi is in any way acting outside the law.”

If you were in the jury pool, you wouldn’t make it past the first examination question. The position you’re standing by is automatically disqualifying.

They already voluntarily entered into contract with nascar.
Is that what the teams will say if called in for questioning? I guess if they really didn't care, and were fine with the way things were, they would just say everything was great. Advantage NASCAR.

But, they do care. And so they won't be saying anything close to that. Because that's not exactly what happened. Which makes how they feel pretty relevant.

In other words. You are not getting a stinking injunction, see you in court.

NASCAR argues that the teams don't meet the requirements for an injunction because they can still compete as open teams and that any damages that they suffer if they prevail in the case can be covered monetarily.

NASCAR also argues that 23XI and FRM won’t win the case because NASCAR Cup racing is not the market when it comes to antitrust law, that there are other racing and entertainment options. They argue the exclusivity provisions the teams cite as violating antitrust laws are common across sports and pro-competitive because they make the product more appealing to broadcasters, fans and sponsors when compared to other entertainment options.

The win and you are in, points champion, the whole ball of wax applies. But they aren't going to get charter money unless they can get an injunction.

Back
Top Bottom