500 Race thread.

Ya know, I really want to see Danica succeed in this sport, but jeez, this is ridiculous. Someone just won the Daytona 500, and they run to her first.
She's the story this year - get used to it

what an insanely boring race. nice move by JR in the end. was really hoping it would go caution free for the last 15 or so. most of the race has been commercials.

what an insanely boring race. nice move by JR in the end. was really hoping it would go caution free for the last 15 or so. most of the race has been commercials.

Agreed. That wreck at the end would have yellowed the race at any other time. I think NASCAR was too skittish to do a green-white-checkered finish, given what happened yesterday.

Agreed. That wreck at the end would have yellowed the race at any other time. I think NASCAR was too skittish to do a green-white-checkered finish, given what happened yesterday.
wasn't the white flag already out? wouldn't have been a gwc, would have ended the race.

Since when do you go to the 8th place finisher first? People hate Danica because of the hype, and that crap doesn't help

Because it's history making? I guess they should interview drivers from 2nd on back until the winner is ready, I mean they don't always do it in any order, jeeze I swear people find anything to complain about here, she did good so let her have her moment.

Actually no, the wreck happened AFTER the White flag was thrown. It is my understanding that after the white flag is on the track, the next one will be a checker regardless of what else happens on the field.

I was entertained throughout most of the race. Not bad for the first ever race with this car.

Great job by Danica as well. She drove like a seasoned pro all day.

I actually think the no-yellow was a correct call and how they should do it. It was on the back stretch, no cars were stopped, and even if they race back to the line (which they did) they'd be all slowed down by the time they got there anyway.

I don't have any complaints about the racing itself. it was the first race in a new car that nobody is accustomed too so of course they are going to take some time to feel it out and like all races big or small it got more exiting as the laps ticked down. the only complaint I have is the fact there was LITERALLY more commercial time than racing .

Because it's history making? I guess they should interview drivers from 2nd on back until the winner is ready, I mean they don't always do it in any order, jeeze I swear people find anything to complain about here, she did good so let her have her moment.
agreed

Boring race for the most part. Damn that debris ripping into Kez's front end and bringing out the caution. Lane choice meant everything today, like a giant Martinsville without the excitement.

Looks like I'll just tune in for the last 30 for the rest of the RP races and skip the parade.

Boring race for the most part. Damn that debris ripping into Kez's front end and bringing out the caution. Lane choice meant everything today, like a giant Martinsville without the excitement.

Looks like I'll just tune in for the last 30 for the rest of the RP races and skip the parade.
OH c'mon you will tune in for the entire thing just like the rest of us.
Besides just think of all the commercials you would miss.

What hate? Did you even read my comment????

Hate, whining oh well get over the fact they interviewed her first it's nothing new, the winner isn't ever first to be interviewed, the 2nd person isn't always the first , sometimes it's someone in 5th or 6th that is, let her have her moment.

Back
Top Bottom