500 RACE thread

My driver was in the hospital during the Daytona 500 and I still watched the race, please notify me if that makes me a "real race fan" now

IIDK if you are a real race fan or one of those teenybopper type wannbe, posters on your bedroom wall, thin skinned, crybaby, know if my driver likes boxes or briefs type of person. You are very defensive though.

A real race fan watches the races and appreciates what he sees regardless of who is successful. Driver fans are the one's who carry on like babies if someone says something negative about their guy, leave races early if their guy gets knocked out or is running poorly and almost live vicariously through them. Being emotionally tied to a driver or athlete is pathetic unless you are 10 years old.

I don't think so. I am emotionally tied to my driver and tons of others are too. Just because you aren't doesn't make it wrong. It also doesn't mean we live vicariously through them either, it just means we care for them, their health and want the best for them.

IIDK if you are a real race fan or one of those teenybopper type wannbe, posters on your bedroom wall, thin skinned, crybaby, know if my driver likes boxes or briefs type of person. You are very defensive though.
I've been a Gordon fan since before I can remember. Been my hero for the past 15+ years. I am emotionally tied to this sport along with my favorite driver(s). I dont give a damn what you or anyone else thinks about it. Passion is passion. But condemning other people that see things differently than you is wrong imo.

I don't think so. I am emotionally tied to my driver and tons of others are too. Just because you aren't doesn't make it wrong. It also doesn't mean we live vicariously through them either, it just means we care for them, their health and want the best for them.

I think it is fine to care for the well being of others even people we don't know and never will. My issue is when the attachment clouds sound judgement and this is not something I am accusing you or anyone else of.

I've been a Gordon fan since before I can remember. Been my hero for the past 15+ years. I am emotionally tied to this sport along with my favorite driver(s). I dont give a damn what you or anyone else thinks about it. Passion is passion. But condemning other people that see things differently than you is wrong imo.

As I have said before being passionate about something is wonderful however being an emotional fruitcake is another matter. While I do not understand it I am not against people worshiping or being involved with someone they will never know as to each his own.

What I think is wrong is when emotion impairs judgement to the point of ignoring reality. An example I can think of would be the incident with Clint Bowyer and Jeff Gordon at Phoenix a while back. Obviously what JG did was chicken**** and uncalled for and that is that. If one's emotion blocks the reality of what JG did then IMO that person has a problem.

I like Carl Edwards but a few years ago he came back on track with the express purpose of wrecking BKez. I don't care for BKez at all but Edwards was completely wrong in what he did and should have been parked for a race or two. Even though I like Edwards there is no way I could let emotion try and deceive what my eyes saw.

As I have said before being passionate about something is wonderful however being an emotional fruitcake is another matter. While I do not understand it I am not against people worshiping or being involved with someone they will never know as to each his own.

What I think is wrong is when emotion impairs judgement to the point of ignoring reality. An example I can think of would be the incident with Clint Bowyer and Jeff Gordon at Phoenix a while back. Obviously what JG did was chicken**** and uncalled for and that is that. If one's emotion blocks the reality of what JG did then IMO that person has a problem.

I like Carl Edwards but a few years ago he came back on track with the express purpose of wrecking BKez. I don't care for BKez at all but Edwards was completely wrong in what he did and should have been parked for a race or two. Even though I like Edwards there is no way I could let emotion try and deceive what my eyes saw.
tumblr_mrf7ohTTli1rf9eyuo1_500.png

What I think is wrong is stating that everybody that disagrees with you is emotionally impaired and ignore's reality. Isn't that the same as calling them ignorant? Calling people that disagree with you "emotional fruitcakes" isn't the way to go either. You said that the JG CB incident was a chichensh!t move by JG and anyone who thinks otherwise has mental problems. We all see things differently and what I see in this post of your's is a onesided look at things with no room for other people's opinions. It's just a racing board with differing opinions. Lighten up a little.

It was a joke. Live a little pal :)

I was just having a little fun too and I thought it was obvious by the way the quote belabored the definition. Not the first time I have been wrong today though.

You
What I think is wrong is stating that everybody that disagrees with you is emotionally impaired and ignore's reality. Isn't that the same as calling them ignorant? Calling people that disagree with you "emotional fruitcakes" isn't the way to go either. You said that the JG CB incident was a chichensh!t move by JG and anyone who thinks otherwise has mental problems. We all see things differently and what I see in this post of your's is a onesided look at things with no room for other people's opinions. It's just a racing board with differing opinions. Lighten up a little.

Okey dokey!

Daytona 500 last lap big one
Some information on this page might be wrong. This list is NOT in order with the race results either, just by what I could see with FOX's replays. / Race results

Ahead of it: (10)
  • #22 Joey Logano (winner)
  • #4 Kevin Harvick
  • #88 Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
  • #11 Denny Hamlin
  • #48 Jimmie Johnson
  • #15 Clint Bowyer
  • #13 Casey Mears
  • #78 Martin Truex, Jr.
  • #16 Greg Biffle
  • #5 Kasey Kahne

Involved: (8)
  • #24 Jeff Gordon
  • #17 Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
  • #27 Paul Menard
  • #18 Matt Crafton (driver change from Kyle Busch)
  • #42 Kyle Larson
  • #6 Trevor Bayne
  • #44 Reed Sorenson
  • #47 A.J. Allmendinger

Got through it: (12)
  • #3 Austin Dillon*
  • #38 David Gilliland**
  • #9 Sam Hornish, Jr.
  • #43 Aric Almirola
  • #46 Michael Annett
  • #41 Regan Smith (driver change from Kurt Busch)
  • #34 David Ragan
  • #83 Johnny Sauter
  • #10 Danica Patrick
  • #35 Cole Whitt
  • #19 Carl Edwards
  • #32 Bobby Labonte

*turned the #24
**turned the #42

Most likely away from lead pack: (4)
  • #20 Matt Kenseth
  • #66 Mike Wallace
  • #31 Ryan Newman
  • #23 J.J. Yeley
  • #33 Ty Dillon
  • #55 Michael Waltrip

Already out before last restart: (5)
  • #51 Justin Allgaier
  • #21 Ryan Blaney
  • #2 Brad Keselowski
  • #14 Tony Stewart
  • #40 Landon Cassill

Unknown: (4)
  • #1 Jamie McMurray
  • #95 Michael McDowell

@SpeedMaster14 --- did you copy that information? Or is it original. If you copied/pasted from another site, please give
the address, and give credit. We do not want copyright laws violated on the forum.

No, this information was by me. I watched the live race finish again and replays closely myself and wrote down every car for each category. For the cars already out, I did based off of memory. I posted the link to race results for anyone who wanted to see them.

@SportsTVRatings Daytona 500 overnight rating up from 2014, but down 27% vs 2013

The Daytona 500 drew a 7.3 overnight household rating in the 56 largest markets (out of 210). That’s up from last year’s 5.6 overnight where there was a six hour and twenty-two minute rain delay, but still down big (27%) from the 10.0 overnight the 2013 race garnered. Full national ratings and viewership should be available later today.

Sorry for the numerous posts, because the "edit" buttons keep disappearing quickly for me.

I just noticed I forgot to change the total numbers for the "Most likely away from lead pack" and "Unknown" categories. I moved Ty Dillon and Michael Waltrip from one to the other.

@SportsTVRatings Daytona 500 overnight rating up from 2014, but down 27% vs 2013

The Daytona 500 drew a 7.3 overnight household rating in the 56 largest markets (out of 210). That’s up from last year’s 5.6 overnight where there was a six hour and twenty-two minute rain delay, but still down big (27%) from the 10.0 overnight the 2013 race garnered. Full national ratings and viewership should be available later today.
Probably not as bad as it sounds. That '13 race got a huge ratings boost by Danica winning the pole.

I don't understand TV rating other than when I read how many viewers watched the race. I believe 16.7 million watched the Daytona 500 in 2013 so I hope that number is not reduced by 27% or that would really, really suck. I believe the highest rated Daytona 500 was in 2006 when about 19.4 million people tuned in.

I don't understand TV rating other than when I read how many viewers watched the race. I believe 16.7 million watched the Daytona 500 in 2013 so I hope that number is not reduced by 27% or that would really, really suck. I believe the highest rated Daytona 500 was in 2006 when about 19.4 million people tuned in.
I think the rating reads as a percentage of TV equipped households. So for example, 7.3% of all TV equipped households in America were tuned in to the Daytona 500. The "share" measure is similar, but only takes into account actively watched TV's, excluding the households who watched nothing in the given timeslot.

I think the rating reads as a percentage of TV equipped households. So for example, 7.3% of all TV equipped households in America were tuned in to the Daytona 500. The "share" measure is similar, but only takes into account actively watched TV's, excluding the households who watched nothing in the given timeslot.

Thank you very much

Lol .................. I just detest the term "real race fan" .................. we all race fan our own way and everybody on this forum is a race fan or they wouldnt be here. just my opinion of course

Back
Top Bottom