500 RACE thread

I'm calling that a racing deal. There was 0 laps left and they were all making moves. It could have just as easily been the 24 tapping the 3's quarter panel.

Still disappointing. Congratulations to Joey Logano. Probably top 3 fastest car.

Boyer with Harvick behind that was really doing the pushing got Logano out front. Harvick came in second.

Huge respect and credit to Bowyer. Multiple instances where he gave Joey great pushes and once again at the finish. Joey deserved this 100%, top contender and up front all race long.

NASCAR got nervous with the whole softwall thing yesterday, thats the only reason they threw the yellow there.
Ehh, this isn't unprecedented. Denny's win at Talladega last year came in similar fashion. They threw the yellow on the last lap when part of someone's bumper came off behind the leaders. I was happy then, because one of my guys benefited from it. I'm upset today because Joey benefited from it.

Kasey got loose and backed off and that caused an accordion effect nor did Jeff see Austin.

It was a lose-lose situation.
JG knew AD was behind him but expected a push not a hook. I was listening to his in car.

Just saw that restart again. Denny wasn't asking anyone to push right there.. The 11, 48, and the 78 were all sleeping. The 24 was pushing the 78 hard but that was it. Talk about dropping the ball.

I know many may not agree, but I enjoyed this race. Most of the field was still in contention and running well.
To me, that's good racing.
The race itself was good, especially when they were all three wide towards the end. The finish was just anticlimactic, that's all.

Shocker. Mikey had to mention....again...how he's won the Daytona 500.

Hey Richard Sherman, how many times has Mikey won in his career?
3b4c32d28dbe76d9dcc253da9994f3192619121aebdaa20fa253fdcd54aece55_large

35 more to get the job done.

All we know from this race is that 1 driver is in the chase. Points dont matter, top 5s or top 10s dont matter (Unless you win) so yeah. Let's work on that first W.

I know many may not agree, but I enjoyed this race. Most of the field was still in contention and running well.
To me, that's good racing.
Yeah , I am gonna agree with this

Slowly coming around to JoLo, still not that happy that he won, but he drove one heck of a race , and congrats to him and Penske Racing

And want to mention, great day for Mears and Crafton

So in the xfinity race yesterday they wreck in turns one and two but they let them finish the last lap but today they wreck coming out of two on the back straight away further away from the start finish and they throw the caution. I'm still trying to figure out why they won't let them finish the race. May not have changed anything but let them race to the end. That was one of the best plate races I have seen in a while until nascar screwed it at the end

So in the xfinity race yesterday they wreck in turns one and two but they let them finish the last lap but today they wreck coming out of two on the back straight away further away from the start finish and they throw the caution. I'm still trying to figure out why they won't let them finish the race. May not have changed anything but let them race to the end. That was one of the best plate races I have seen in a while until nascar screwed it at the end
The two that wrecked on Saturday were in turn one, and all the way off (and wayyy off) the racing surface. Maybe a bad decision, maybe not. A split second decision that people don't like, but people aren't there in their shoes.

Joey Logano's father is a hoot. He was interviewed on Fox. Reminds me of any number of guys I grew up around. Congrats to Joey Lo.

Wife is a Bowyer fan and he had a good run so she's pacified for the time being.

Thanks for the welcomes and likes. Too bad we didn't stay green for the last 30 but it was fun while it lasted.

Overall a pretty good race. All the wind was taken out with that caution for Almendinger, but the 20 laps before that, holy ****, I think that may have been the most intense, on the edge of your seat racing at Daytona in years. I couldn't even sit down watching that.

Back
Top Bottom