500 RACE thread

I have asked 3 times now and as far as I can tell no one has answered the question.
Why didn't Kyle race that last restart the way he would have if any of the 38 other cars were beside him? Can someone explain this?
So with anyone else beside him he wouldn't have worried about Joey winning? Only because it was a JGR car?
He wouldn't have left any of them pull down if front of him!
And he was only guaranteed one lap to race Denny. Why do you all say he had two? Two was assumed but not guaranteed?
Really if it was team orders does it matter? It was team orders between which JGR car coach wanted to win. I don't like team orders but to me team orders are bringing out a caution when a team car needs it. Or wrecking a competitor. Or doing what MR did?
I would not want it to happen. But if any teams cars are all up front at the end of the race should it not be there choice which one of the cars win. I mean they put up all the money time and effort.
Why is it OK for team cars to affect the race on every lap.with team orders except the last one?
Post # 1237 on the last page has a Toyota big wig explaining the reasoning behind the Chevy's and the Toyota's forming an alliance to compete in numbers with the Fords. He said the agreement was 10 laps or less it was every driver for themselves. I doubt if that answers any of your questions, but that is what happened. Later the two Toyota's made a deal to control the last restart, and IMO race for the win. My answer would be to try to stop multi car teams and their alliance cars from helping out each other and see how that goes.

I have asked 3 times now and as far as I can tell no one has answered the question.
Why didn't Kyle race that last restart the way he would have if any of the 38 other cars were beside him? Can someone explain this?
So with anyone else beside him he wouldn't have worried about Joey winning? Only because it was a JGR car?
He wouldn't have left any of them pull down if front of him!
And he was only guaranteed one lap to race Denny. Why do you all say he had two? Two was assumed but not guaranteed?
Really if it was team orders does it matter? It was team orders between which JGR car coach wanted to win. I don't like team orders but to me team orders are bringing out a caution when a team car needs it. Or wrecking a competitor. Or doing what MR did?
I would not want it to happen. But if any teams cars are all up front at the end of the race should it not be there choice which one of the cars win. I mean they put up all the money time and effort.
Why is it OK for team cars to affect the race on every lap.with team orders except the last one?

Is 2nd place better than a scrap car and 10th place ?

He wanted the battle for the win to be between JGR cars.. he knew it hurt his chances to win but it gave the whole team a better shot at the win. He wasn't in a good spot anyway.. he wasn't in the lead or the preferred lane. Even if he didnt let Hamlin in chances are Hamlin would have got in anyway. Except then there likely would have been another car between them.. which would hurt both their chances. If he really wanted to give hamlin the win he would have blocked everyone else instead of trying to pass him.

He lost, that's your first clue.

Some other guys left with scrap and very few points. The win for JGR will be beneficial for all at JGR .............. sounds like a win of sorts to me. But I get it, you must butcher Kyle for the rest of the season over the 500 loss, and that is a great hobby. :salute: Maybe Kyle will do something today to butcher him for ! good luck

Back
Top Bottom