57th Rolex 24 at Daytona

Basically we have 42 portapotties putting in caution laps.

Waking up and seeing the race going to a red flag for rain
tumblr_inline_mvb0dc7fxy1rv8c3d_zpsb0cad050.gif

Just woke up I didn’t even come close to going the distance I fell asleep on the couch at around 12 am as I was posting on here ha ha. Waking up to see it’s raining, race red flagged, and judging from Jeff Gluck’s Twitter IMSA screwed some teams badly on their “swift” decision making. Also did we ever find out why Wayne Taylor Racing was falling through the field last night as now they are in the lead they must have fixed whatever problem they had.

Last edited:
Just woke up I didn’t even come close to going the distance I fell asleep on the couch at around 12 am as I was posting on here ha ha. Waking up to see it’s raining, race red flagged, and judging from Jeff Gluck’s Twitter IMSA screwed some teams badly on their swift decision making. Also did we ever find out why Wayne Taylor Racing was falling through the field last night as now they are in the lead they must have fixed whatever problem they had.

I believe the ten car damaged the splitter on the right side in the pits and they ran a stint with it damaged.

So wish I could get the stream to work. Was really looking forward to this

Next year NBCSN will have branded rubbers in different shoe sizes to give to the drivers so they can walk to the peacock pit box

I hope everyone in the #10 has made their minimum times; they may have trouble persuading Alonzo to out again.

Didn't take long. Three or four wrecked on front grass, yellow back out. GTD Lambo stalled on restart, field ran him over.

Got bored and was catching up with the some skiing on the dvr. Turned back to the race
and looked like a mess on the front straight. So back to skiing.

Disappointing but not completely surprising. Well, the severity is disappointing.

Worth noting is that every manufacturer in DPI has been competitive. This s good news for the rest of the year.

Sad race for the Corvette team with both cars dropping out of the lead.

Hopefully this can be like a reset and we can have a clean race to the end. I think we all want to see them race for it instead of it being a twilight zone deal with accidents and weird attrition. We sure don't want it to end under red.

I can’t believe it’s going green, visibility looks awful

Along with Alonzo's performance, Zanardi's return, Corvette's durability

Cold shower for the day... being told by the NBC crew that lappers get a free lap back on every yellow. They get to pit *and* take a wave around. I don't like that at all... a real buzzkill. (I believe IndyCar employs the same bad rule.)

I don't have any problem with the Nascar rule... to gamble on a wave around by giving up a chance to take tires and fuel. But this IMSA rule just seems blatant to me.

Thank you. If there was no Maldonado in this race, I'd say they should give it a go.

Pastor has been great so far in LMP2. I still don't understand why folks see him as a meme. He's a really good driver, just like some fast drivers in being erratic. Not to mention he is pretty good in the wet.

Back
Top Bottom