58th Rolex 24 at DAYTONA

Whelp the Mazda's are alive but they need to pickup the pace on speed, hopefully day time conditions help them.

5 hours to get back on the lead lap and run down the leader. Things just got interesting.

Stepped away and see that the WTR/Konica Minolta Cadillac is back in the lead. Good, would hate to see them lose on that mistake

I hope Kyle gets one more shot in the car, he’s been awesome to watch. The dude is supremely talented, I hope he comes back to this race next year.

I just wish more manufacturers would participate. A seven car field is badly undernourished.
Yea well I really enjoy the DPI class and it’d be cool if Ford or Mercedes or BMW competed in it. I also like the GTD class too.

Paul Tracy is darn good -- Rick Allen turned up the unnecessary "three wide" booming call, and Paul just calmly talked thru it with technical precision.

#notagerbil
Yesterday ,Rick was trying to pull off a little jokey joke and it made no sense.
Tracy promptly said" and we have 6 more hours of this?" So …. its not just us.

Seems like Cadillac can go further on fuel when they want to. Might be important later on.

GTD is really heating up and even having a lead-lap battle for first in LMP2 is a pleasant surprise.

Yesterday ,Rick was trying to pull off a little jokey joke and it made no sense.
Tracy promptly said" and we have 6 more hours of this?" So …. its not just us.
Going to be tuff beating the gerbil out of him, but Tracy can do it.

IMSA Radio would do a better job than Rick Allen in the booth

What happened to the 3?

All of a sudden, its 90 seconds behind in 5th.

Oh, Catsberg spun? I did not know that.

I just wish more manufacturers would participate. A seven car field is badly undernourished.
Saw on RACER this week there may be a new GTLM program to be announced soon. Aston Martin would be a decent bet, they’re the only GTE manufacturer that doesn’t race in GTLM in some capacity.

Maybe we’ll eventually get that GTE/GT3 convergence and just run the same cars split into Pro and Pro-Am classes. The entry list for Bathurst next weekend is huge, so many all-Pro GT3 entries from god knows how many OEMs.

Saw on RACER this week there may be a new GTLM program to be announced soon. Aston Martin would be a decent bet, they’re the only GTE manufacturer that doesn’t race in GTLM in some capacity.

Maybe we’ll eventually get that GTE/GT3 convergence and just run the same cars split into Pro and Pro-Am classes. The entry list for Bathurst next weekend is huge, so many all-Pro GT3 entries from god knows how many OEMs.
It might have to happen to save endurance racing, especially WEC down the line. WEC is hurting for entries worse than IMSA at this moment and time.

I thought for a second there that we'd finally lost a Mazda. The #55 had the cowl off. They're out there again but now they're 3 down.

Just in case anyone was wondering:
Paul Tracy's 24 hr of Daytona resume
2006 - DP - dnf finished 27th in class
2007 -DP - 16th in class
2012 - DP - 7th in class

Just in case anyone was wondering:
Paul Tracy's 24 hr of Daytona resume
2006 - DP - dnf finished 27th in class
2007 -DP - 16th in class
2012 - DP - 7th in class

Cadillac is built so well for this. It’s why NASCAR is best served with V8’s, they have the durability to hammer down for long periods of time. The Mazda in-line 4 and the V6 Honda engine are showing signs of breaking down here in the DPi class

Last time I checked, there was no 24 hour race on the radar for the 2021 Cup schedule. This race went green over seven hours; has any stock car race gone green more than four in the last three decades?

I would love to see a caution
Last time I checked, there was no 24 hour race on the radar for the 2021 Cup schedule. This race went green over seven hours; has any stock car race gone green more than four in the last three decades?
I think the chance of that happening soon will be in Indycar

Back
Top Bottom