78 FRR is done

My 2¢, when the current champions' team can't get sponsors to continue what does that have to say about the sports health???
And yet since then at least 3 new sponsors have been mentioned. Mind you all 3 may be minor amounts in comparison.

Well, since you're so quick to dismiss Adam Stern or Allenbaba or whoever dares to paint Gibbs/Toyota in a bad light, then I would figure you might know more to the story and have a source of your own :idunno:
Maybe Revman is...JOE GIBBS??? Spoiler Twist....

Let me stir this cesspool a litte. IMO...what we have here is a failure to communicate. :rolleyes:

Barney starts a race team. Stumbles along spending the family fortune with not much positive result. Not bad but not great either.

Barney gets chance to form an alliance with a major player in the sport and grabs it.

Barney decides to pass on the RTA. Big mistake...HUGE! <Pretty Woman reference>

Barney has heart attack. Family says WTF are you doing spending all OUR money. Says no more. STOP!!!

JGR is in business selling their products. Decide the product is underpriced. Raise price.

5 hour energy sees NASCAR is a sinking ship. Gets tired of adding sump pumps.

Barney, with strong encouragement from his family, says screw it I'm out!

Turn out the lights the party's over.:partytime

[/thread]

Wow, what a great post! Get ya some of that!

I don't think Source(s) when it comes to seeing it with my own eyes for years is that important. I will give ya a couple and you can shu shu them to your hearts content, but they happened. Way back when Tony formed his team, his best buddy and now a integral piece of his racing team Greg Zipadelli wasn't "allowed" to leave JGR racing for a year AND Tony had to agree with that before he was allowed to leave. Sounds awful similar to what they are doing to Suarez's sponsor Arris years later. Here's another, jerking two guys from the pit crew of another team that that team is paying for is at the very least unethical, and at the other end of the scale one could make a case for trying to fix the outcome of races.(which BTW was what JGR was trying to do when they crashed at Indy in the first place)

You would be the only one on the face of the planet attempting to make a connection between Tony and Daniel....and the pit crew thing is really not that big of a deal.....thinking like many that FRR was more a part of JGR than not, thus your crew members act like that, and Coach felt that there needed to be repercussions. I didn't agree with he discipline then, but race fixing? Okay. I understand and respect (truly I do) that you do not like Toyota or JGR, but when we try to connect dots like that, it just becomes comical. This is a freakin' cutthroat business. I believe that Coach is the real deal, but he is also a businessman. I mean, he coached in the NF freakin' L.....he probably is a pretty tough dude which doesn't make him less than what he projects himself to be. It is stupid to use his Christian persona as justification of hypocrisy when he is doing what he needs to do to stay viable in a brutal business. I am not a voice piece for Christianity, but I don't think that just because one claims himself to be means that he has to be a lap dog. Your scrutiny of the man and the organization fails to include examples of similar business moves by teams that you like. I mean, what happened to HMS and SHR? There were daggers thrown both ways, but I can't remember you ever mentioning that.....and you are the biggest Matt Kenseth fan on earth....or so I thought....you haven't mentioned much about him since his contract expired at JGR. I get it. You hate Toyota and JGR. Be careful about what goes into your own eyes and ears. You have pretty specific filters which supports the reality you want. Trust me. I know because I have perhaps the thickest filters by my own admission.

On a semi-related note, I think that what happened between JGR and FRR probably had much to do with information sharing or a lack thereof....very similar to the HMS and SHR thing IMO. I don't believe that Coach was going after Martin and Cole. I think that happened after Barney shut down, and Toyota wanted Martin--and Cole--to stay in their very small family. At the end of the day, I believe that Barney does what Barney wants to do. I don't think you get to where he is by getting pushed around. Got to respect that. He came. He saw. He conquered. Some are good with that. Some want a dynasty. Barney left on his own terms like he ran his team on his own terms IMO.

I admit that I share some of the skepticism regarding Coach Gibbs' over the top piousness through the years, and I tend to enjoy jokes poking fun at that. However, on the whole, I'm glad for Gibbs' presence in NASCAR and the other motorsports he has been involved in, and I have no particular grudge against JGR. I have no more fondness for Rick Hendrick or Gene Haas than him.

I do not view JGR's or Toyota's actions with regard to FRR's demise favorably. But racing is a harsh business, and this will pass.

In fairness to all I should really educate myself on all the things Joe Gibbs has done or allegedly done as all I know has been said right here. Saying that Matt Kenseth is family and not renewing his contract doesn't bother me as a lot could have changed between the statement and contract. Taking crew members from the 78 doesn't bother me as it was something he could do contractually. For me the jacking of the alliance fee is ok as it is just business. All these things seem pragmatic to me but certainly not very nice but big business is about winning not being nice. All this is just my own feeling and I don't think my thoughts are the only correct thoughts.

For whatever reasons Joe Gibbs can make people angry but Gene Hass is golden. Haas got into trouble for patent infringement and then try to defraud Uncle Sam out of millions of dollars in taxes. I am ok with both Joe and Gene.

The transgressions you list for Haas aren't related to racing, so they don't count. :D

As to Joe Gibbs, I've been wanting to ask something for a couple of weeks. How involved is Joe with the team's operations? Is he calling the shots on daily operations, does he weigh in only on strategic questions, or is he now just the name and face of the company with no involvement outside hiring drivers?

The transgressions you list for Haas aren't related to racing, so they don't count. :D

As to Joe Gibbs, I've been wanting to ask something for a couple of weeks. How involved is Joe with the team's operations? Is he calling the shots on daily operations, does he weigh in only on strategic questions, or is he now just the name and face of the company with no involvement outside hiring drivers?

Bobby Ginn, George Gillette and Gene Haas good and Joe Gibbs evil :D

IDK how much Joe Gibbs has to do with JGR but I suspect it is less than people think. I doubt Joe is personally monitoring pit stops to see which crew members are the best or negotiates driver contracts.

I believe that there are people that don’t like Joe Gibbs. However it is my opinion that others are using Joe as a catch all lightning rod for other issues such as dislike of Toyota, Kyle Busch or Joe’s religious preferences. Who knows what else there is as maybe Joe didn’t tip the bathroom attendant or said darn one time:D

Toyota isn't okay running 25th for long. You are sipping the JGR conspiracy Kool-Aid.
I wasn't saying that LFR will be running around 25th, necessarily. You need to bare in mind that Toro Rosso won a race...

In fairness to all I should really educate myself on all the things Joe Gibbs has done or allegedly done as all I know has been said right here. Saying that Matt Kenseth is family and not renewing his contract doesn't bother me as a lot could have changed between the statement and contract. Taking crew members from the 78 doesn't bother me as it was something he could do contractually. For me the jacking of the alliance fee is ok as it is just business. All these things seem pragmatic to me but certainly not very nice but big business is about winning not being nice. All this is just my own feeling and I don't think my thoughts are the only correct thoughts.

For whatever reasons Joe Gibbs can make people angry but Gene Hass is golden. Haas got into trouble for patent infringement and then try to defraud Uncle Sam out of millions of dollars in taxes. I am ok with both Joe and Gene.

This all day.

This all day.
Any concrete information yet about MTJ signing with the devil? There is a large contingency of NASCAR fans that would be very disappointed if that actually happened. If, for some reason Kurt Busch doesn’t renew in the 41, it would be a good place for Martin and Cole to go to. SHR has the best prepared cars and currently the best overall organization in the sport. MTJ going to Gibbs would fracture the fan base even more than it has become in the last 5 years. Just one mans opinion.

Just about every time I go to shop he is there.. I’m pretty sure he heavily involved in everything .. I live 10 mins away from shop and I’m anyways there. His car is usually there all day.. what makes this so funny I just delivered to Joey Logano shop the other day it’s literally right around the corner from joe Gibbs Racing I never knew .. Joey has a lot of old school cars!!

Any concrete information yet about MTJ signing with the devil? There is a large contingency of NASCAR fans that would be very disappointed if that actually happened. If, for some reason Kurt Busch doesn’t renew in the 41, it would be a good place for Martin and Cole to go to. SHR has the best prepared cars and currently the best overall organization in the sport. MTJ going to Gibbs would fracture the fan base even more than it has become in the last 5 years. Just one mans opinion.

You think that MTJ moves the needle that much? Wow.

Back
Top Bottom