Advance Auto Parts Clash at Daytona Race Thread

They can't help it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They often shoot themselves in the foot by seeing the weather reports all week showing rain shortly before the green flag & dont move the start time up. I mean there was close to 45 mins between the end of the arca race & the rain fall.

The biggest issue with NASCAR is the weather. I've harped on this before. As a "newer" fan (last 8 years) this is just frustrating. I can't stay up until midnight watching races. Happened numerous times last year.

I also hate when people like Chris Buscher win the race because of a rain delay and get into the playoffs.

Numerous races went till midnight last year?

No but numerous were delayed starts...it sucks. No other sport gets delayed like this one does...maybe golf? But they even golf in the rain. I know someone will bring up baseball but baseball plays 6 games a week so if even ONE of those gets rained out or delayed it's not a big deal. I'm a sports fanatic and every sport starts ON TIME 99% of the time, except NASCAR.

Here we are...Race 1 of the year...rain delay. I'm too lazy to look it up but there were a bunch last year.

Can someone refresh me on the drying time at Daytona.
At nite its worse. Id say 2 -3 hours if not another drop fell. More
rain coming from the west. They have programing to follow so we get to watch
these interviews for the rest of the nite.

Good news: storm seems to be moving quick on radar

Bad news: storm looks to be over 200 miles long making a beeline over Daytona Beach.

No but numerous were delayed starts...it sucks. No other sport gets delayed like this one does...maybe golf? But they even golf in the rain. I know someone will bring up baseball but baseball plays 6 games a week so if even ONE of those gets rained out or delayed it's not a big deal. I'm a sports fanatic and every sport starts ON TIME 99% of the time, except NASCAR.

Here we are...Race 1 of the year...rain delay. I'm too lazy to look it up but there were a bunch last year.
What't your suggestion save for weather control?

And there's a second band behind the first. If / when they start drying after the first band stops, it looks like the second will arrive well before they finish.

Good night, y'all. I'm guessing NASCAR will call it a night around 9:30.

I also hate when people like Chris Buscher win the race because of a rain delay and get into the playoffs.

Racing is imperfect and unpredictable.

That will continue.

I'm pretty bummed they talked to all of SHR but DP. I have to be way form the internet for a bit, someone post if shes interviewed and what she has to say... :(

Track dryers are out:rolleyes:

2y5u7aty.jpg

This is really bad for NASCAR right now. So many fans are on the cusp of quitting due to Brian's idiocy. I'm watching the NHL instead right now, and not missing the race all that much...

They said they're gaining ground on drying the track. That's to hold the audience through the next half hour.

This is really bad for NASCAR right now. So many fans are on the cusp of quitting due to Brian's idiocy. I'm watching the NHL instead right now, and not missing the race all that much...
Right, you aren't missing much of anything

I'm worried about Supercross coming on immediately after the time slot. I don't know if they can move anything to fs2 due to Formula E being on that channel.

I'm worried about Supercross coming on immediately after the time slot. I don't know if they can move anything to fs2 due to Formula E being on that channel.
Whats on Fs1 at noon tomorrow?

Cuz its about to get overridden

Since Supercross is also Monster they will probably run them on the screen side by side.

Back
Top Bottom