All-Star Race Thread

That's steep. Does that $8 include chips/fries and a soda? If it's just $8 for the weiner, bun and toppings, shame on them.
Nothing but two dogs. No drinks or anything else included. I think they add a buck or two for the cheese they squirt on there.

I said in the chit chat forum that I was considering doing a concession stand at races and this just makes me want to more.

I called daytona and asked em what I needed to do to get in there and they told me to send pics of setups and menus and prices and we'd go from there.
Haven't heard how much it costs yet.

I've paid my fees and am doing a pretty large event in Virginia in September just to see if we can do it. If it goes smoothly, I'm going to really try to get into a race or two. I'm pretty close to many tracks, living in nc so that's a plus.

Isn't it nice we can have a reasonable conversation about this on the racing-forums board...honestly...if this had been the espn or yahoo board (or some such) it would have gone like this:

"Harvick is a $^%&-in moron"

"Harvick tells it like it is you idiot"

"$*&@ you jackass"

"right back at you dimwad...you probably voted for Obama"

..."etc"...
We have TRL, those other sites don't. If it wasn't for her this place would be a train wreck.

didn't harvick start on the inside of the 2nd row, with 10 laps, a mile and 1/2 track. not sure how anyone could say it was the crew's fault. that's why he's such a good fit at SHR to me, with kurt & tony. they like to play the blame game. i know other do it too, but it seems when they do it, it's more nasty.

I've paid my fees and am doing a pretty large event in Virginia in September just to see if we can do it. If it goes smoothly, I'm going to really try to get into a race or two. I'm pretty close to many tracks, living in nc so that's a plus.
good luck with that. i once thought about running a food truck to some of the nascar shops, till i realized my cooking wasn't that good, it's good enough for me, but probably not others. i would consider passing out some menus to some race shops.

good luck with that. i once thought about running a food truck to some of the nascar shops, till i realized my cooking wasn't that good, it's good enough for me, but probably not others. i would consider passing out some menus to some race shops.
Good idea. Thanks for the tip. I'm definitely looking for all the advice I can get.

Good idea. Thanks for the tip. I'm definitely looking for all the advice I can get.
no problem. working construction i had to eat off a lot of food trucks, and the things that pissed the people off most was the truck being late. i asked at one race shop to see if it was possible. other than official requirements, was told i would have to provide 2 free plates a day.

Nothing but two dogs. No drinks or anything else included. I think they add a buck or two for the cheese they squirt on there.

I said in the chit chat forum that I was considering doing a concession stand at races and this just makes me want to more.

I called daytona and asked em what I needed to do to get in there and they told me to send pics of setups and menus and prices and we'd go from there.
Haven't heard how much it costs yet.

I have family who runs a food stand at the Wisconsin State Fair. They make a killing. They don't even run it themselves anymore, they hire 5-15 college students to run it and just collect the profit. I don't know what NASCAR/Bruton charges but definitely some profit to be made in the concession stand business.

didn't harvick start on the inside of the 2nd row, with 10 laps, a mile and 1/2 track. not sure how anyone could say it was the crew's fault. that's why he's such a good fit at SHR to me, with kurt & tony. they like to play the blame game. i know other do it too, but it seems when they do it, it's more nasty.
Pretty sure he started in the 3rd row. Too bad NASCAR took down thelp2008.com or I'd look it up to be sure.

I have family who runs a food stand at the Wisconsin State Fair. They make a killing. They don't even run it themselves anymore, they hire 5-15 college students to run it and just collect the profit. I don't know what NASCAR/Bruton charges but definitely some profit to be made in the concession stand business.
That's awesome. My wife and I have been buying up equipment when we come across it.
It'd be a big gamble, I'm sure but we're almost ready to leap big time. Guess we'll see how September goes first though.

Edwards used the No. 1 pit stall to advantage, winning the race off pit road over McMurray and Harvick. Kenseth started the final segment in the fourth spot, with Johnson and Earnhardt behind him in fifth and sixth.

Matt Kenseth, Jimmy Johnson, Jr. and Carl Edwards all congratulated McMurray during their post race interviews, noting that it was great to see him get a win. And what did Harvick do? He used his post race interview to dump on his team for pit stops that cost him the race (and never mentioned Jamie once). Even if that were true that his pit crew cost him the race (and it very well may have been), he wasn’t man enough to stand up there and congratulate Jamie and focus on a positive instead.

I have heard him dump on his team so many times during adversity that I have lost count. When his first contract with RCR was expiring a number of years ago, he wanted to go to JGR racing. Joe Gibb’s sons were ready to sign him but after he had just dumped on his pit crew during a post race interview, the Coach vetoed the move, telling his sons that he didn’t think they wanted someone who publicly dumps on his teammates like that in their organization.

Also, during the time he owned his own NNS team, he was constantly treating his employees like dirt whenever they faced adversity that he didn’t think he caused himself. At times, he did this during the race itself, as in the instance you mentioned. I’m surprised that he was able to find people willing to keep working for him.

All of the above reasons are exactly why I can’t stand the guy.

Yeah old Joe knows how to pick mature drivers.

Isn't it nice we can have a reasonable conversation about this on the racing-forums board...honestly...if this had been the espn or yahoo board (or some such) it would have gone like this:

"Harvick is a $^%&-in moron"

"Harvick tells it like it is you idiot"

"$*&@ you jackass"

"right back at you dimwad...you probably voted for Obama"

..."etc"...
Haha I hear you! ;)

Welcome to SHR Delana's Wife! Well, here we go. Honeymoon is over. Toothpaste cap left off. Toilet unflushed. Snores. Farts. Doesn't snuggle anymore. You just knew it couldn't last. Wonder when Rodney is going to be called a bad name for the first time? Good to have Delana's Wife back in a not really kind of way.....and Kyle is pissed off! The good ole days are back again kids!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to SHR Delana's Wife! Well, here we go. Honeymoon is over. Toothpaste cap left off. Toilet unflushed. Snores. Farts. Doesn't snuggle anymore. You just knew it couldn't last. Wonder when Rodney is going to be called a bad name for the first time? Good to have Delana's Wife back in a not really kind of way.....and Kyle is pissed off! The good ole days are back again kids!!!!!!!!!

Harvick has been the best SHR story of the year. Consistently fast all year.

Gotta believe they are happy to have him.

Better have a seat it and get used to it, it should last a while. He drives a Chevy, with the pieces coming from Hendrix.
With a CC that could even make Toyota look strong.

Yea, but how long do you think the crew is going to take being thrown under the bus? You can only do that so many times as a driver before everyone on your crew hates your guts.

Better have a seat it and get used to it, it should last a while. He drives a Chevy, with the pieces coming from Hendrix.
With a CC that could even make Toyota look strong.

Jimmi Hendrix is dead man. Let it go. Hendrick pieces are the deal no question. Rodney was okay with the Toyotas--nothing against him. Just hope his crew has the balls to put up with the bus tire.

Yea, but how long do you think the crew is going to take being thrown under the bus? You can only do that so many times as a driver before everyone on your crew hates your guts.
Maybe I missed something - but all I remember him saying was "we just didn't get it done on pit road tonight" or something like that.... Is that really that big of a deal?

Maybe I missed something - but all I remember him saying was "we just didn't get it done on pit road tonight" or something like that.... Is that really that big of a deal?

Naw. Just the usual snarky crap from her. At least she took the blame for the qualifying failure. Seems his crew owed her one.

I think Harvick is flawed in that regard, but more mature than he used to be. I hope he continues to improve.

I do think he realizes the problem too. I have heard *Delana admitting he needed to be more mature* as well. After he flipped out over the Dillion boys last fall, he was admitting his mistake the next day.
So to be clear I wished he had kept quite about his crew last night, at least to the press.

But on the other hand all of those guys knew or should have known Harvicks personality prior to signing on. I also think they know that he has the talent to be a champion.
I cant speak for them, but I haven't heard of any them leaving either.
Maybe we are making a bigger deal out the thing

Note* referenced Delana thoughts were heard on Dave Moody's radio program during Kyles Texas suspension. She related it to some of Kevins previous immaturity and his justified suspension a few years earlier as well.

I think Harvick is flawed in that regard, but more mature than he used to be. I hope he continues to improve.

I do think he realizes the problem too. I have heard *Delana admitting he needed to be more mature* as well. After he flipped out over the Dillion boys last fall, he was admitting his mistake the next day.
So to be clear I wished he had kept quite about his crew last night, at least to the press.

But on the other hand all of those guys knew or should have known Harvicks personality prior to signing on. I also think they know that he has the talent to be a champion.
I cant speak for them, but I haven't heard of any them leaving either.
Maybe we are making a bigger deal out the thing

Note* referenced Delana thoughts were heard on Dave Moody's radio program during Kyles Texas suspension. She related it to some of Kevins previous immaturity and his justified suspension a few years earlier as well.

In racing? Not even the top 43 in nascar. Hornish, Regan Smith, Bueschers, etc. are all better talents then Danica and some of the other backmarkers.

Right , and I'm sure there are some very talented drivers at your local short track , I only count the ones who actually make it to the big time.

Naw. Just the usual snarky crap from her. At least she took the blame for the qualifying failure. Seems his crew owed her one.
Haha okay thanks for the clarification. Not sure why I am arguing the situation - I didn't realize it was just a hate thing.

Haha okay thanks for the clarification. Not sure why I am arguing the situation - I didn't realize it was just a hate thing.

Who said anything about hate?

You let your repetitive "her" go and I will let the less insulting "Hendrix" go. And I will try not say much about the dinky dr Phil dependent Toyota Hamlin pansy while I am it.

Otherwise mind your posting business, learn to run your life and I will mind mine.

Funny how such a snark, rips Harvick for being snarky.

Just because the Harv wasn't being PC, doesn't make him a bad guy. If you're in the big leagues you better be able to take the heat or GTFO. Hitting the pits in 4th only to come out tenth is a telling sign something wasn't right. You can sugar coat a turd but at the end of the day it's still just a turd.

Just because the Harv wasn't being PC, doesn't make him a bad guy. If you're in the big leagues you better be able to take the heat or GTFO. Hitting the pits in 4th only to come out tenth is a telling sign something wasn't right. You can sugar coat a turd but at the end of the day it's still just a turd.

I don't have any problem with drivers ripping into their crews if that's what they want to do. Man up, and do it face-to-face, or on the radio I guess. Not in front of the camera. Chicken poop IMO. I get that lots of them do it, but I just hate it. Rich guys ripping into the average dude's pride. I hate that.

He was just stating the facts, this race is for the fans, drivers and crews. It's one way the ham and eggers (average guys) as you called them, can make a very nice bonus during a long and hard year at the track. The was no malice in his words and he spoke the truth, I'll take that any day over blowing smoke up my arse.

He was just stating the facts, this race is for the fans, drivers and crews. It's one way the ham and eggers (average guys) as you called them, can make a very nice bonus during a long and hard year at the track. The was no malice in his words and he spoke the truth, I'll take that any day over blowing smoke up my arse.

Fair points.

But Kyle is still walking and paying no attention at all to "dont walk" signs at intersections, I fear he may get run over by a truck if he isnt stopped soon :(

Back
Top Bottom