All-Star Race Thread

Penske has never done well with more than 2 teams. I don't see the Edwards to Penske move happening. The only other logical place for him to go is to make the move to Hendrick. Unless Gibbs moves Hamlin out. But that's more unlikely than Hendrick moving Kahne out.
Kahne will be gone from Hendrick next year and Carl will probably be in the 12 car.

good win for jamie ! much needed. felix too !
carl interview is why he rates so high in polls !

Gordon wins last week...and I miss it! Jamie wins this week...and I miss it! I think I should just quit work, that way I wont miss any more races.

For $200 bucks you can own a TiVo.. Totally worth the money to buzz right past the pre-race crap and commercials

Gordon wins last week...and I miss it! Jamie wins this week...and I miss it! I think I should just quit work, that way I wont miss any more races.
Brent that will only jinx them and they won't win. What you have to do is work more....I'll look after the races dude and Gordon and McMurray will keep winning. :D

During the Nationwide race at Milwaukee in like 2005, I heard Harvick scream at his pit crew over the scanner. Sprint Cup was at Sonoma that weekend and he was flying back and forth alot between Milwaukee and Napa. During the race, the pit crew screwed up and a tire got stuck or something. When he was chewing out the pitcrew he said "I can't believe I spent all this time in the damn airplane so we can look like a monkey f*****g a football."

Matt Kenseth, Jimmy Johnson, Jr. and Carl Edwards all congratulated McMurray during their post race interviews, noting that it was great to see him get a win. And what did Harvick do? He used his post race interview to dump on his team for pit stops that cost him the race (and never mentioned Jamie once). Even if that were true that his pit crew cost him the race (and it very well may have been), he wasn’t man enough to stand up there and congratulate Jamie and focus on a positive instead.

I have heard him dump on his team so many times during adversity that I have lost count. When his first contract with RCR was expiring a number of years ago, he wanted to go to JGR racing. Joe Gibb’s sons were ready to sign him but after he had just dumped on his pit crew during a post race interview, the Coach vetoed the move, telling his sons that he didn’t think they wanted someone who publicly dumps on his teammates like that in their organization.

Also, during the time he owned his own NNS team, he was constantly treating his employees like dirt whenever they faced adversity that he didn’t think he caused himself. At times, he did this during the race itself, as in the instance you mentioned. I’m surprised that he was able to find people willing to keep working for him.

All of the above reasons are exactly why I can’t stand the guy.

I agree with you Tumbleweed, Harvick is such a motivational speaker. Kinda like Pinocchio. :D

Dang!...drove since the sun came up to get home and watch the all-star race...then took a nap and slept through it :(...Oh well...reading the race thread makes me feel like I was there...in fact...here is a condensed version of all the posts I would have made had I not been snoozing :D...

"Danica, oh Danica...where for art thou Danica?"

"...and now for another commercial"

...oops, almost forgot tonight's alternative commercial:

"Clint !! :eek:"

"That pizza is making me hungry"

"Oh no! Not Jeff :("

"Gotta take a break...pizza man is here"

"Tires, tires, tires...get it right NASCAR!"

Haha! Larry Mac: "that was close...did I say...that was close"

"Agreed"

"On the Crimean Peninsula...(edited: oops, wrong thread)"

"Goll Darn...got hornswaggled!"

"Jamie Mac sighting"

"...as usual, Mike Joy seems to be watching a different race"

"Congrats Jamie :pbjtime::pbjtime:"

"Jimmie J, oh Jimmie J...where for art thou Jimmie J ?"

"I prefer Cabellas"

Great win for J-Mac. That guy seems to really step up for the big races.

Mike Joy is an idiot.

nascar Jesus definitely had something for the 18.

Maybe Clint was blocking. Maybe Kyle did drive through Clint. That's what you're supposed to do in the Winston... All-Star race.

Harvick needs to stop throwing his crew under the bus on national TV. It kills the team spirit and makes him look like a whiner.
Who am I kidding, he is a whiner.

The 48 team is officially in a slump. To not be a factor at a Charlotte exhibition race where they could be as aggressive as they wanted with the set-up was a shocker.
They were nothing more than an also ran last night.

Don't understand how some people think it was boring. There was some great racing last night. :idunno:

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt Kenseth, Jimmy Johnson, Jr. and Carl Edwards all congratulated McMurray during their post race interviews, noting that it was great to see him get a win. And what did Harvick do? He used his post race interview to dump on his team for pit stops that cost him the race (and never mentioned Jamie once). Even if that were true that his pit crew cost him the race (and it very well may have been), he wasn’t man enough to stand up there and congratulate Jamie and focus on a positive instead.

I have heard him dump on his team so many times during adversity that I have lost count. When his first contract with RCR was expiring a number of years ago, he wanted to go to JGR racing. Joe Gibb’s sons were ready to sign him but after he had just dumped on his pit crew during a post race interview, the Coach vetoed the move, telling his sons that he didn’t think they wanted someone who publicly dumps on his teammates like that in their organization.

Also, during the time he owned his own NNS team, he was constantly treating his employees like dirt whenever they faced adversity that he didn’t think he caused himself. At times, he did this during the race itself, as in the instance you mentioned. I’m surprised that he was able to find people willing to keep working for him.

All of the above reasons are exactly why I can’t stand the guy.

I respect what you are saying but this is what don't understand about sports perception. We are talking about pros that have millions of dollars on line and it all hinges on everyone's performance. What is wrong with calling them out for it? Everyone does it.

Just last week Harvick thanked his crew for a great car and owned up for screwing up at the end. It's sports.

Don't understand how some people think it was boring. There was some great racing last night. :idunno:
2 laps after the restart certainly. They just got too spread out & nobody could catch anybody

Didn't chime in much (at all?) during the race, but I echo a lot of what was already said. It's pretty ridiculous that we can get "points as they run now"'d to death during the Chase, but there was never an "average finish as they run now" update during the evening. You could tell Mike Joy was just waiting for NASCAR after the fourth segment because of the awkward silence as they were giving out a running order. And don't get me started on them pointing out every time Harvick gained .02 on McMurray over the last seven laps without mentioning the times McMurray took .1 back. #TheCloser

Really excited for the 600 after last night. Lots of fun watching the multiple grooves. Biffle looked like he was running at Eldora a couple of times. The McMurray/Edwards to start the final segment was fantastic, it's a shame some people apparently forgot it because there wasn't a photo finish.

I happened to be tracking Clint on RaceView when he got together with Kyle. That was some entertaining scanner audio, to say the least.

Jamie McMurray bought himself three more years in a Sprint Cup car. :(

I can certainly understand the feeling behind this post, but I can't help but be reminded of my mom's chihuahua. She barks and growls at TV commercials that feature other animals...and kids. I was visiting the other day and a commercial with kids reuniting with their military parents came on and the dog went NUTS. I looked at my mom and said "Does she hate unicorns and rainbows, too?"

Somehow, saying anything negative about J-Mac feels like hating unicorns, rainbows, and little kids. It might be merited, but you feel like an awful person. Or at least I do.

I can certainly understand the feeling behind this post, but I can't help but be reminded of my mom's chihuahua. She barks and growls at TV commercials that feature other animals...and kids. I was visiting the other day and a commercial with kids reuniting with their military parents came on and the dog went NUTS. I looked at my mom and said "Does she hate unicorns and rainbows, too?"

Somehow, saying anything negative about J-Mac feels like hating unicorns, rainbows, and little kids. It might be merited, but you feel like an awful person. Or at least I do.

I don't. He's overrated and, people talk about Danica, let's talk about this guy, good grief. He's a mid-pack guy all the time every season and then, when he's about to lose his ride or be shut out of NASCAR racing, he magically picks up a big win. Then, it's three more years of mediocrity.

I respect what you are saying but this is what don't understand about sports perception. We are talking about pros that have millions of dollars on line and it all hinges on everyone's performance. What is wrong with calling them out for it? Everyone does it.

Just last week Harvick thanked his crew for a great car and owned up for screwing up at the end. It's sports.

Call them out for their mistakes, but not on national TV.
Everyone doesn't do it. He's the leader of the team. He should be trying to pump them up instead of tearing them down in front of the cameras.
My opinion

Everyone doesn't do it. He's the leader of the team. He should be trying to pump them up instead of tearing them down in front of the cameras.
My opinion

Yep...that's "Leadership 101"...you praise in public and reprimand in private.

I don't. He's overrated and, people talk about Danica, let's talk about this guy, good grief. He's a mid-pack guy all the time every season and then, when he's about to lose his ride or be shut out of NASCAR racing, he magically picks up a big win. Then, it's three more years of mediocrity.

He's won big races and gotten a lot of top 10s, Danica has not won anything in her career other then a fuel mileage race at Japan. Comparing the two is moronic at best. Josh wise has more talent then danica

He's won big races and gotten a lot of top 10s, Danica has not won anything in her career other then a fuel mileage race at Japan. Comparing the two is moronic at best. Josh wise has more talent then danica

Michael Waltrip's also won a Daytona 500 and a Winston Select. I guess he's a Hall Of Fame talent now.

Ok. Coming from the dude who just watches for the wrecks.

I agree with Andy. Jamie has been in several cars with several teams. Still the same performance with each.

My opinion
Fair point. But telling ppl "good job" when they haven't done so works in little league but not in pro sports. I just don't have a problem with what he did. All a matter of opinion I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom