All-Star Race Thread

Michael Waltrip's also won a Daytona 500 and a Winston Select. I guess he's a Hall Of Fame talent now.

Never said that, but you brought up Danica in your post and he's much better than her. And he's won enough big races to warrant a ride with a middle tier team. He's won more for ganassi then any driver in NASCAR

Ok. Coming from the dude who just watches for the wrecks.

I agree with Andy. Jamie has been in several cars with several teams. Still the same performance with each.

I said I like the wrecks never said that's the only reason I watch. Anyways, that's completely unrelated to this topic. He drove for roush when they had four teams and their resources were spread too thin, and he's driven for ganassi and won every big race in the sport. He's more then deserving of a ride, unless you think about 23 other drivers should be fired as well

Fair point. But telling ppl "good job" when they haven't done so works in little league but not in pro sports. I just don't have a problem with what he did. All a matter of opinion I suppose.

"Tact 101"..."we've got some things to work on but we've got a great team and I have confidence in them"...then in private "WTF is the matter with you guys!"

McMurray raced for Roush and recorded the same type of performances - two wins I think over a course of several seasons. It's the same thing, always has been. He records a win once every three or four years and ends up sticking around for several more seasons. Most of his wins are at plate tracks which says it all.

Fair point. But telling ppl "good job" when they haven't done so works in little league but not in pro sports. I just don't have a problem with what he did. All a matter of opinion I suppose.

He doesn't need to say good job when there wasn't one.

Harvick saying last week on TV he screwed up is fine. But let his car owner get on TV and say it in a condescending way every time Harvick screws up and I bet Harvick wouldn't take it so well.

He doesn't need to say good job when there wasn't one.

Harvick saying last week on TV he screwed up is fine. But let his car owner get on TV and say it in a condescending way every time Harvick screws up and I bet Harvick wouldn't take it so well.
It's Kevin Harvick. You expect the harshness when you sign on to work for him. Same goes for Tony & Kurt. SHR is the hotheads team, it's not like the crews are a bunch of little girls & cry their eyes out at first criticism.

It's Kevin Harvick. You expect the harshness when you sign on to work for him. Same goes for Tony & Kurt. SHR is the hotheads team, it's not like the crews are a bunch of little girls & cry their eyes out at first criticism.

To me it shows Harvick doesn't take the team concept seriously. It's more like Harvick and the hired help.

#douche

To me it shows Harvick doesn't take the team concept seriously. It's more like Harvick and the hired help.

Problem is...bosses with harsh attitudes seldom have loyal employees. That average/bad ones will stick around and take the sh!t. The good ones will jump at the first good offer to go somewhere better.

Problem is...bosses with harsh attitudes seldom have loyal employees. That average/bad ones will stick around and take the sh!t. The good ones will jump at the first good offer to go somewhere better.
Heads up, Harvick ain't the boss.

Because he won the Charlotte 135 heats. :confused:

Is he supposed to apologize? If your driver won you'd be singing his praises. I'm not sure what people on this board want, there was lots of passing, great racing, and we got a suprise winner and people aren't satisfied. I'm convinced half the people on here just want a 600 mile single file parade where their driver wins

McMurray raced for Roush and recorded the same type of performances - two wins I think over a course of several seasons. It's the same thing, always has been. He records a win once every three or four years and ends up sticking around for several more seasons. Most of his wins are at plate tracks which says it all.

At least he wins though, much better then the Paul menards, Danica's, stenhouses, etc. and he's one of the best plate racers in NASCAR so of course he's won several plate races. You're not gonna be a threat every week in ganassi equipment, this isn't indycar. I'm a big Larson fan and I don't even think hell win a race this year

Is he supposed to apologize? If your driver won you'd be singing his praises. I'm not sure what people on this board want, there was lots of passing, great racing, and we got a suprise winner and people aren't satisfied. I'm convinced half the people on here just want a 600 mile single file parade where their driver wins
He was wondering why we were talking about him...
Because he won... And this is the race thread...

Yeah...he's not...but he is higher up than most of the guys on the "team" and has a lot of influence...and he had the microphone. Harvick probably sees himself as a "straight shooter" and I agree that NASCAR isn't Little League. Some will admire him for his frank comments and others will think the guy is a jerk.

Call them out for their mistakes, but not on national TV.
Everyone doesn't do it. He's the leader of the team. He should be trying to pump them up instead of tearing them down in front of the cameras.
My opinion

I agree with both of you. This is big boy racing, so Harvick shouldn't have to act like mistakes/slow pitstops from the crew are acceptable. But, maybe there is something to be said about handling that stuff behind closed doors and not on TV.

Yes he is, come on. The driver may not be the head coach but he is the quarterback, and he has the right to bitch out the offensive line if they miss a block.

I agree with both of you. This is big boy racing, so Harvick shouldn't have to act like mistakes/slow pitstops from the crew are acceptable. But, maybe there is something to be said about handling that stuff behind closed doors and not on TV.
When has NASCAR ever been the sport where drivers air their dirty laundry behind closed doors? :D
This sport was made on fights & angry mouthy drivers. More the merrier!!

Thing about the Harvick deal is...while we may think the guys have "thick skins" and can take it...most of us really don't have thick skins. The vast majority (when criticized in public) either go home feeling "hurt"...or they go home and sharpen their knives ;)

It's been a rough couple weeks and I just couldn't stay awake any longer. I don't know if this event was just that boring or old age?. :confused:

When has NASCAR ever been the sport where drivers air their dirty laundry behind closed doors? :D
This sport was made on fights & angry mouthy drivers. More the merrier!!
Talking crap about another driver is one thing but your pit crew are your home boys.

The Winston Select used to be a spectacular show. Drivers sporting special paint schemes, drivers running wide open... not anymore. When drivers won races, they used to get excited because it put them in the All Star Race. Not anymore. Personally, they could do away with the All Star race and it wouldn't bother me in the least.

Well, the race was enjoyable in person. There was a lot of electricity from the fans during qualifying, which made it fun. Maybe it was just my section but, Logano got a lot of hate all night.
The track play by play was good but they did everything they could to get a cheer for Jr. They wouldn't let it happen organically. Not that there was a whole lot to cheer for last night if you were a Jr fan.
Loudest cheering I've ever heard in my life for everything bad kyle busch did. When he wrecked, I think this guy behind me had an orgasm.
The track was beautiful. Nice looking inside.

Two hotdogs with chilli and cheese, $16.00.

Jamie mac got pretty good love from the few fans who stayed to watch victory lane.

Oh, they had that concert and then driver intros. It was pretty cool because everyone was really into it.

Overall, I had a great time. It's always better live.
I was devastated when Nascar Jesus bit the dust though.

Yeah...he's not...but he is higher up than most of the guys on the "team" and has a lot of influence...and he had the microphone. Harvick probably sees himself as a "straight shooter" and I agree that NASCAR isn't Little League. Some will admire him for his frank comments and others will think the guy is a jerk.
Bingo on the last statement. I think his reputation preceded him in this one - bad pit stops could have cost him the race and he said so that's it. I'm not going to sympathize with the crews feelings - they have pretty great jobs and are fortunate to be there. This may have been a lingering problem behind closed doors for weeks who knows

Re: Harvick, let's not lose sight of the fact that he was right. It was his race to lose and the #4 team lost it for him in the final pit stop. It's not like he went off on the pit crew when they didn't deserve it.

Bingo on the last statement. I think his reputation preceded him in this one - bad pit stops could have cost him the race and he said so that's it. I'm not going to sympathize with the crews feelings - they have pretty great jobs and are fortunate to be there. This may have been a lingering problem behind closed doors for weeks who knows

Isn't it nice we can have a reasonable conversation about this on the racing-forums board...honestly...if this had been the espn or yahoo board (or some such) it would have gone like this:

"Harvick is a $^%&-in moron"

"Harvick tells it like it is you idiot"

"$*&@ you jackass"

"right back at you dimwad...you probably voted for Obama"

..."etc"...

Isn't it nice we can have a reasonable conversation about this on the racing-forums board...honestly...if this had been the espn or yahoo board (or some such) it would have gone like this:

"Harvick is a $^%&-in moron"

"Harvick tells it like it is you idiot"

"$*&@ you jackass"

"right back at you dimwad...you probably voted for Obama"

..."etc"...
Yeah. Or NASCAR.com comments.

Well, the race was enjoyable in person. There was a lot of electricity from the fans during qualifying, which made it fun. Maybe it was just my section but, Logano got a lot of hate all night.
The track play by play was good but they did everything they could to get a cheer for Jr. They wouldn't let it happen organically. Not that there was a whole lot to cheer for last night if you were a Jr fan.
Loudest cheering I've ever heard in my life for everything bad kyle busch did. When he wrecked, I think this guy behind me had an orgasm.
The track was beautiful. Nice looking inside.

Two hotdogs with chilli and cheese, $16.00.

Jamie mac got pretty good love from the few fans who stayed to watch victory lane.

Oh, they had that concert and then driver intros. It was pretty cool because everyone was really into it.

Overall, I had a great time. It's always better live.
I was devastated when Nascar Jesus bit the dust though.
Love Charlotte. Can't wait to get back again

Back
Top Bottom