All things relating to Danica -- New season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the highlight of Danica's year is over....Media Day. Once again, her teenage humor made me puke. It's all downhill from here.

good to see

I don't know why you don't believe it, she does the same thing on the track. One wheel sawing, screaming, psycho woman. :biggrin: How many times in rush hour has one of them cut you off driving a little $hit box and they can't even see over the steering wheel.:biggrin:

One of them?

Who are "they"?

Wow. I really enjoy her way of relating. Love how she compliments the engine shop and the car. She minimizes herself even.

One of them?

Who are "they"?
Wimmin drivers , we hates em .

here's a couple of "newcomers" on the scene, said their hero was Travis Pastrana..
motorM3.jpg

Wow. I really enjoy her way of relating. Love how she compliments the engine shop and the car. She minimizes herself even.

What the hell was Adam Alexander doing asking her about racing? Her PR person must have been late. Nobody does Media Day like Danica. Too bad the racing gets in the way of a good interview.

What the hell was Adam Alexander doing asking her about racing? Her PR person must have been late. Nobody does Media Day like Danica. Too bad the racing gets in the way of a good interview.
It was a good interview. Loved hearing her talk racing

Ahhhhh.... The time has arrived. The moment millions of Patrick fans have waited for since Homestead. And, like her fans, so has she. Back in a race car in February at Daytona, the site of her historic pole run of 2013. A place of pride and great accomplishment for the GoDaddy Girl.

The Unlimited. Yes! After the bitter off season disappointments of having her GoDaddy dog commercial pulled from The Super Bowl broadcast, followed up by Stenhouse Jr.'s mullet, The Roscoe Rockette will be in her element. A no-points-bring-back-the-trophy-or-steering-wheel type of event she does so well in. The fastest of the fastest, NASCAR's elite, just the type of race Patrick has earned entry to and belongs.

In last year's exhibition, Patrick was strategically back in the pack at mid-race, watching the air and saving the car for the final laps when she was involved in a race ending wreck. The incident, as usual, was not of her making. She still managed to pull out a top twenty finish, a testament to her remarkable effort and extraordinary talent.

So, loosen 'er up, Knost! Let's go plate racing and make history!

A word of caution; try to control your road rage, Ms. Patrick. You may cut off a fully developed woman ten years younger. She may not know or care how important you are to NASCAR nor your millions of fans. It would be embarrassing if she pulled you from your car, slapped the taste out of your mouth then gently placed you back behind the wheel. Road rage is a two way street. The highways are unscripted reality.

Ahhhhh.... The time has arrived. The moment millions of Patrick fans have waited for since Homestead. And, like her fans, so has she. Back in a race car in February at Daytona, the site of her historic pole run of 2013. A place of pride and great accomplishment for the GoDaddy Girl.

The Unlimited. Yes! After the bitter off season disappointments of having her GoDaddy dog commercial pulled from The Super Bowl broadcast, followed up by Stenhouse Jr.'s mullet, The Roscoe Rockette will be in her element. A no-points-bring-back-the-trophy-or-steering-wheel type of event she does so well in. The fastest of the fastest, NASCAR's elite, just the type of race Patrick has earned entry to and belongs.

In last year's exhibition, Patrick was strategically back in the pack at mid-race, watching the air and saving the car for the final laps when she was involved in a race ending wreck. The incident, as usual, was not of her making. She still managed to pull out a top twenty finish, a testament to her remarkable effort and extraordinary talent.

So, loosen 'er up, Knost! Let's go plate racing and make history!

A word of caution; try to control your road rage, Ms. Patrick. You may cut off a fully developed woman ten years younger. She may not know or care how important you are to NASCAR nor your millions of fans. It would be embarrassing if she pulled you from your car, slapped the taste out of your mouth then gently placed you back behind the wheel. Road rage is a two way street. The highways are unscripted reality.
Nothing says "it's race day" like one of these posts.

puddinpops.gif

Boyfriend Ricky in the race by substitution will have her back, hope she doesn't think she can make it three wide in the middle like her ARCA cohort tried. Surely she is more savvy than that racing in the big show.

Boyfriend Ricky in the race by substitution will have her back, hope she doesn't think she can make it three wide in the middle like her ARCA cohort tried. Surely she is more savvy than that racing in the big show.

Her Arca COHORT? You mean that female who caused the wreck . What was her name , I'll add her to the list of drivers we hate .

Layit or layer something like that Ted. running 16th and took out the leader. I don't discriminate, it could be considered a bonehead move running in the middle three wide.

Let me throw out a few names .
Milka Duno
Angela Cope
Amber Cope
Maryeve Dufault
Erin Crocker
Chrissy Wallace
Gabi DiCarlo
Jennifer Jo Cobb
Johanna Long
Danica Patrick
Leilani Munter

There , I added another name to the drivers we don't like list.
Keeping the list as up to date as humanly possible.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...eason-contract-year-stewart-haas-godaddy.html

>>Her average starting position went from 30.1 in 2013 to 22.3 in 2014 and her average finishing position went from 26.1 in 2013 to 23.7 in 2014. And while the end result was a 28th-place finish in the final standings, her overall improvement was not unnoticed.<<

What a bunch of pure horse crap! Could you imagine what Dale Earnhardt would have said/done if anyone had walked up to him and asked him what he thought about "average finishing positions"?

>>"The results didn't show it, but she had speed at a lot of race tracks that she didn't have at the year before," said Tony Stewart, SHR co-owner, teammate and three-time champion."<<

That's like saying "you never win but you sure are fast sometimes"! Even Tony S. is drinking the cool-aid now!

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...eason-contract-year-stewart-haas-godaddy.html

>>Her average starting position went from 30.1 in 2013 to 22.3 in 2014 and her average finishing position went from 26.1 in 2013 to 23.7 in 2014. And while the end result was a 28th-place finish in the final standings, her overall improvement was not unnoticed.<<

What a bunch of pure horse crap! Could you imagine what Dale Earnhardt would have said/done if anyone had walked up to him and asked him what he thought about "average finishing positions"?

>>"The results didn't show it, but she had speed at a lot of race tracks that she didn't have at the year before," said Tony Stewart, SHR co-owner, teammate and three-time champion."<<

That's like saying "you never win but you sure are fast sometimes"! Even Tony S. is drinking the cool-aid now!

What the heck does Tony Sterwart know ? I agree , drank the cool-aid . Idiot!

Dale used to refer to second place in a race as being the first loser so your point is well taken. At the rate DP is improving she will be post menopausal before she cracks the top 15

The thing I don't like is that every single time something happens, whether it's her "fault" or not, it's never her fault. She doesn't even consider she might've done something wrong. Always: "who hit me? " kinda thing.

Gotta be aware of your surroundings.

Responsibility is key...but in the heat of the moment I can see how someone might think of "who hit me". I have the unfortunate chance to be in a car accident that was my fault and I said the same thing.

I refer to Aunty for my opinion on this
I went off Hamlin. It would be fair to say that he had the best perspective ... and sufficient experience to actually understand what was going on - rather unlike some of the keyboard jockeys one encounters on the Intergoogle.

Present company included, of course.

I went off Hamlin. It would be fair to say that he had the best perspective ... and sufficient experience to actually understand what was going on - rather unlike some of the keyboard jockeys one encounters on the Intergoogle.

Present company included, of course.
I have enough experience to have an opinion and what I said stands. I'm not an extremist who doesn't think women don't have a place either.

Personally I don't pull for Danica or think she's technically skilled enough to compete at this level.... but, I have no problem with her being there. But I feel the same way about many others in this sport.
From my vantage point, this wreck looked like it was mostly her fault. Whether it was or not, I don't know and she or denny might not either. I don't even care who's fault it is. Racing deal.

Like I said though, whether it was her fault or not - it's never her fault.

Wimmin drivers , we hates em .
I think it's a bit of a generalization to say somebody hates all female drivers just because they don't support Danica. I noticed that Johanna Long is on the hated wimmin list, but most of the comments I've read about Johanna on here have been positive. I don't think any of us here "hate" Danica, I think it's just more resentment of her having a top-tier Cup ride without earning it through on-track performance.

Ive said before a driver should man or woman up if they made a mistake this includes Patrick.

I think it's a bit of a generalization to say somebody hates all female drivers just because they don't support Danica. I noticed that Johanna Long is on the hated wimmin list, but most of the comments I've read about Johanna on here have been positive. I don't think any of us here "hate" Danica, I think it's just more resentment of her having a top-tier Cup ride without earning it through on-track performance.
Exactly right. Nobody bashes Long but many do Danica and oh...say.... Austin Dillon.
I don't personally bash these people but I don't have to agree with anybody who says they have skills beyond what I feel they do.
If I'm not 100% sold on Bubba Wallace, does that make me racist? Hell no. But by some people's logic - mostly those who'd say people who don't like Danica are women haters - I would be.

Ps- @ted@economy , although I don't agree with or even like your anti anti-danica people campaign, I like the heck outta you and respect you and your opinions.

problem is their mouth gets in gear ahead of the brain and you can't unsay things. I forgot who but one driver said to the media, could you show me 3 or 4 clips so I can make a judgement of my own?

Ive said before a driver should man or woman up if they made a mistake this includes Patrick.
I agree. And boy did I cringe when jeff kept saying people were driving over their heads. I didn't agree - especially when he was talking about Jamie Mac. He may be right, he is the greatest driver of all time after all, but it was my opinion that he wasn't.
Now, if he'd have said it about Danica....! :D

problem is their mouth gets in gear ahead of the brain and you can't unsay things. I forgot who but one driver said to the media, could you show me 3 or 4 clips so I can make a judgement of my own?
You're right and everybody deserves some leeway. But, from everything I've seen, I still believe my point about Danica always pointing the finger away from herself stands.

You're right and everybody deserves some leeway. But, from everything I've seen, I still believe my point about Danica always pointing the finger away from herself stands.

come to think of it, I have never heard her say I screwed up. Good case in point is Travis Pastrana, paid for his own ride, wrecked as much as Danica, and although he stunk up the show many weekends, at least he admitted he screwed up. Of course he didn't last very long in Nationwide, this Danica stuff continues year after year..without any visible improvement. To me it is a comedy of errors, almost every week if she isn't in the back of the pack, she's wrecking somebody or both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom