Ally 400 Pre Race Thread

Larson was killing it in practice, looks to be the best car again.

Byron put up a qualifying lap to go to the top of the board.

But 5 looked smoking. Fastest in race trim. Fastest in overall average. Fastest in 10 lap ave by 2 tenths. Fastest in 5 lap avg by 2 tenths..

This is basically 2015 Kevin Harvick.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The gerbils never shut up..it's going to be a long second half of the season.
Identical times for the 24 and the 5 car. 9 car is 11 thousands of a second behind those two

1624129172081.png

Identical times for the 24 and the 5 car. 9 car is 11 thousands of a second behind those two

View attachment 56005
I watched the entire practice. A lot of teams made late race qualifying runs there. Prior to that, Larson was fastest in race trim as the only car in the 158mph bracket, and had about 2 tenths on the field in 5 and 10 lap averages. If race setups in practice are any indication, it looks like the 5 will be the car to beat again.

I miss watching practice man, it's always exciting to anticipate those taped up qualifying runs at end of practice and make mental predictions on how qualifying will go!

I watched the entire practice. A lot of teams made late race qualifying runs there. Prior to that, Larson was fastest in race trim as the only car in the 158mph bracket, and had about 2 tenths on the field in 5 and 10 lap averages. If race setups in practice are any indication, it looks like the 5 will be the car to beat again.

I miss watching practice man, it's always exciting to anticipate those taped up qualifying runs at end of practice and make mental predictions on how qualifying will go!

that's a real stretch eh? Hey I'll go out on a limb myself and say it looks like a Hendrick car is going to win.

Larson was killing it in practice, looks to be the best car again.

Byron put up a qualifying lap to go to the top of the board.

But 5 looked smoking. Fastest in race trim. Fastest in overall average. Fastest in 10 lap ave by 2 tenths. Fastest in 5 lap avg by 2 tenths..

This is basically 2015 Kevin Harvick.

It's not even close. 2015 who? Kyle ****** Busch was your Champion. ;)

View attachment 56005
So much ****** parity. Chevy sure has spent their money wisely.

It's not even close. 2015 who? Kyle ****** Busch was your Champion. ;)
True, but Harv had the pace that year.

Which means we also can't just give the title to Larson yet either.

View attachment 56005
So much ****** parity. Chevy sure has spent their money wisely.

Does anybody think Almirola can stay in front of KDB raise your hand. HMS looking really good 4,5,6 and 8
<<sits on hands>>

I thought about starting a pool on when KDB would move up front, but there are only four turns to pick from, and only two of them really matter.

I'd say one lap, two laps tops. But I really think KDB will pull his usual B.S. at the start and after he jumps, the yota gerbils in the booth will swoon about the magnificance of his highness. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Ehh, sending the 5-48-or the 9 to the back never really accomplished much because it didn't take long before they were right back to the front so I expect the same with the 24.

I can fix the last one. Stop charging to park.

Nothing leaves a worse taste in a fan's mouth than the taste of logistically useless ticket.
Even at the local level it happens, I can't stand that. It was $10 cash only just to park at Stafford last weekend. I had to dig through my car to find ten bucks. Nobody uses cash anymore, just have the parking lot workers use a Square on an iPad or something if you must charge for parking.

TV still hasn't mentioned it (unless I missed it) and they still have the countdown clock based on a 3:45 start

Yea just that too

Are they assuming that everyone is using the same navigation app? I have a hard time believing that Google maps, Apple maps, Waze, and native navigation apps in modern vehicles all have the same error.

For what it’s worth, are there no attraction signs on the interstate for the speedway?

Back
Top Bottom