Monster Energy Supercross 250SX East Detroit, MI 03.15.2014
Monster Energy Supercross 250SX East Toronto, ON 03.22.2014
Monster Energy Supercross 250SX East St. Louis, MO 03.29.2014
Monster Energy Supercross 250SX West Houston, TX 04.05.2014
Monster Energy Supercross 250SX West Seattle, WA 04.12.2014
Monster Energy Supercross 250SX East ERutherford, NJ 04.26.2014
Monster Energy Supercross Shootout Las Vegas, NV 05.03.2014
Monster Energy Cup Cup Class Las Vegas, NV 10.18.2014

I AM SO READY! Been cramming gopro vids for days.

I think EVERYONE is healthy right now. Deep field.

The weather is going to be pretty good and i have an aisle seat, so i'm happy.:D

I'm back for my supercross fixed as promise. :)

Can hardly wait for tomorrow.

@Matthew2470 I have been overloading on Gopro youtube vids myself.

Some great shots here.

I'm back for my supercross fixed as promise. :)

Can hardly wait for tomorrow.

@Matthew2470 I have been overloading on Gopro youtube vids myself.

Some great shots here.

It's his year! I can feel it!

Should be a pretty wild season. Have you heard if Villipoto will be healthy enough to race ??
I just came back from there and he was walking around and he looked healthy. All the teams are setting up today and getting ready. Because Anaheim is the first race of the season they also do a lot of photo shoots on Friday. After i hit the buffett in a few minutes i will need some exercise, so i think i will go back over and walk around for a while.:)

I just came back from there and he was walking around and he looked healthy. All the teams are setting up today and getting ready. Because Anaheim is the first race of the season they also do a lot of photo shoots on Friday. After i hit the buffett in a few minutes i will need some exercise, so i think i will go back over and walk around for a while.:)

What a lucky soul you are to be at Aneheim 1. we havent decided whether or not to go to the race at Phoenix or not.
Enjoy the racing :D

What a lucky soul you are to be at Aneheim 1. we havent decided whether or not to go to the race at Phoenix or not.
Enjoy the racing :D

I'm tempted to make the drive myself, chances are I'll be watching from my couch though.

I'm tempted to make the drive myself, chances are I'll be watching from my couch though.

We went last year and the year before and the racing isnt bad. Parking is a bit of an issue so give yourself plenty of time on race day

We went last year and the year before and the racing isnt bad. Parking is a bit of an issue so give yourself plenty of time on race day
Oh, my bad. I was talking about A1.

Phoenix's layout last year was amazing though, it's a race I wouldn't mind attending.

On March 15th I'm taking my son to Ford Field in Detroit to see our first Supercross race. I've been waiting a few years for them to return to Detroit. I'm strongly considering splurging a bit and getting the all-access tickets. Have any of you bought those before?

I bought a couple of Chromecasts a while back which has made watching James' GoPro videos on YouTube a fun watch.

On March 15th I'm taking my son to Ford Field in Detroit to see our first Supercross race. I've been waiting a few years for them to return to Detroit. I'm strongly considering splurging a bit and getting the all-access tickets. Have any of you bought those before?

I've gotten into the pits numerous years just by bringing in empty Monster cans. IDK about the rest of the country but Monster has been doing that promotion for the past few years in SoCal. As far as seats,find somewhere in the middle. If you sit too low all you will be able to see is a big triple or a whoop section or something.

You guys will love it!

Last edited:

Hope you guys have a GREAT time
jkjh.jpg

I've gotten into the pits numerous years just by bringing in empty Monster cans. IDK about the rest of the country but Monster has been doing that promotion for the past few years in SoCal. As far as seats,find somewhere in the middle. If you sit too low all you will be able to see is a big triple or a whoop section or something.

You guys will love it!
There still doing it at Amaheim, I just picked mine up today. They were doing a photo shoot of the Monster Girls today in the pits.

Was Dianna Dahlgren a part of it??:wub:

Was Dianna Dahlgren a part of it??:wub:
I think one of the blondes was her. There were 2 blondes and 2 brunettes. But, I was talking on my phone when i walked by so i didn't really pay a lot of attention.

I think one of the blondes was her. There were 2 blondes and 2 brunettes. But, I was talking on my phone when i walked by so i didn't really pay a lot of attention.

She walked by me in the stands in Anaheim once. I stopped her and gave her a hug.(she reciprocated nbd)

Immediately melted.

She walked by me in the stands in Anaheim once. I stopped her and gave her a hug.(she reciprocated nbd)

Immediately melted.
She is hot.:D I also saw David Grubnic and a crew guy from Doug Kalittas top fuel team hanging out with the Geico race team.

I really like the logistics of their schedule, except for the last five races and then they have to travel a lot of miles. But, i wouldn't mind taking a break from drag racing and working the supercross circut for a couple of years. I don't know how good the money is over there, but it would probably be a lot of fun.

Last edited:
I really like the logistics of their schedule, except for the last five races and then they have to travel a lot of miles. But, i wouldn't mind taking a break from drag racing and working the supercross circut for a couple of years. I don't know how good the money is, but it would probably be a lot of fun.
I'm pretty unaware but I'd guess relative.. In Riverside County you see haulers damn near as regularly as seeing NASCAR haulers in the Greater Charlotte area.

I'd also guess pro SX/MX brings similar financial interest to NHRA factory-level drag racing.

I very very.......very DISAPPOINT with you!! :)

I'm pretty unaware but I'd guess relative.. In Riverside County you see haulers damn near as regularly as seeing NASCAR haulers in the Greater Charlotte area.

I'd also guess pro SX/MX brings similar financial interest to NHRA factory-level drag racing.
You may be right... but they definitely don't have to be on the road as much as the Nhra or Nascar teams. The SX teams will pull into Anaheim Stadium on Fri morning and setup, do their meet and greets, race on Sat night, and then pack up first thing Sun morning and hit the road. When we do the first race of the year at Pomona Ca... i fly to the shop in Chicago on Thur the week before to pick up the hauler and then arrive at the track on Mon , set up on Tues. The rest of the crew will fly in on Tues night and then we service the car on Wed, do Q1 on Thur, Q2 on Fri, Q3, Q4 on Sat, and race on Sun. We tear down on Sun after the race and everyone except me catches the red eye back home. I usually leave on Mon. But, starting this year all the pro cars run from Fri through Sun at all the races except at Indy, so that will eliminate one day at the track. I can't think of any other job that i would enjoy anymore then i do this one, and i'm sure i will miss it when i retire in a few more years.

Last edited:
You may be right... but they definitely don't have to be on the road as much as the Nhra or Nascar teams. The SX teams will pull into Anaheim Stadium on Fri morning and setup, do their meet and greets, race on Sat night, and then pack up first thing Sun morning and hit the road. When we do the first race of the year at Pomona Ca... i fly to the shop in Chicago on Thur the week before to pick up the hauler and then arrive at the track on Mon , set up on Tues. The rest of the crew will fly in on Tues night and then we service the car on Wed, do Q1 on Thur, Q2 on Fri, Q3, Q4 on Sat, and race on Sun. We tear down on Sun after the race and everyone except me catches the red eye back home. I usually leave on Mon. But, starting this year all the pro cars run from Fri through Sun at all the races except at Indy, so that will eliminate one day at the track. I can't think of any other job that i would enjoy anymore then i do this one, and i'm sure i will miss it when i retire in a few more years.

It's a unique and awesome gig. Just watching the rubbernecking by people trying to figure out what kind of badass toy is inside would be fun. How did you even get the opportunity to drive race haulers? Where you a team member turning wrenches first?

I had no idea NHRA race weekends were so long! I thought it was a Thursday thru Sunday deal.

Predictions
heat-1 Villipoto
heat-2 stewart
main--villipoto

Damn West coast time, me wants some riding action already.:dual9mm:

Sounds like Canaard and Milsaps wont be starting tonight due to injury :(

Damn West coast time, me wants some riding action already.:dual9mm:

How do you think we feel about that damn "east coast time" ??? Relax, the show starts in an hour and a half :D
How about some predictions for the nights activities ------------- see post#35

How do you think we feel about that damn "east coast time" ??? Relax, the show starts in an hour and a half :D
How about some predictions for the nights activities ------------- see post#35

You old folks are already used to waking up early so East coast time shouldn't bother you all so much. :D

Race will start at 10:30PM and will end around 1AM. I call BS on that. :(

As for the predictions, I'll give a way a heat win for a main win. James will get it done.

You old folks are already used to waking up early so East coast time shouldn't bother you all so much. :D

Race will start at 10:30PM and will end around 1AM. I call BS on that. :(

As for the predictions, I'll give a way a heat win for a main win. James will get it done.
Ok now I understand why you are so whiney about the time difference :laugh:

BTW------------------just cause Im a grandpa dont mean Im old, I just got started early :XXROFL:

Back
Top Bottom