AMA Supercross 2014

I really hope this year isn't the same old story for JS7. I really do pull hard for him year in and year out.

I'm a Kenny Roczen fan but that JS7 speed IS unmatched. Plain and simple. Sure do wish he could keep it on 2 wheels more than a couple times a year though.

Last edited:
Some great racing, good for Roczen! I'm glad JS didn't win!

Great racing all night... And I do love Kenny.

But I am heartbroken over 17th. If that bike wasn't broken and Bubba gave up I f ucking quit.

Last edited:
image.jpg

Probably could have salvaged a few points but it wouldn't be fun riding a SX track like this...

RV finished 16th at A1 last year also. I can't give up.

Couldnt be happier with the results, seeing Roger Decosters boys clean up the deal makes me much happy :partytime

I really hope this year isn't the same old story for JS7. I really do pull hard for him year in and year out.

I'm a Kenny Roczen fan but that JS7 speed IS unmatched. Plain and simple. Sure do wish he could keep it on 2 wheels more than a couple times a year though.

The year is young so who knows what will happen, Stewart may go on a tear and win a bunch of races. Dont give up yet

It's a unique and awesome gig. Just watching the rubbernecking by people trying to figure out what kind of badass toy is inside would be fun. How did you even get the opportunity to drive race haulers? Where you a team member turning wrenches first?

I had no idea NHRA race weekends were so long! I thought it was a Thursday thru Sunday deal.
It's kind of funny because when i stop at a travel plaza or a rest area and a family that doesn't know a lot about racing walks over to me usually the first thing they ask me is if there is a Nascar inside. Whats funny is that there is a huge wrap of a funny car on the side of the trailer and there are letters across the top that says nitro funny car.:) I had 3 semi trucks before i was 22 years old and i was around racing from an early age also, so i had a lot of experience around trucking and race cars when i sold my trucks in 1989 and decided to pursue a career in racing. Even though i lived in Indiana where a lot of the indy car and dirt car teams were, i liked drag racing so i moved to California where a lot of the drag racing teams were. The funny thing is that most of the drag racing teams have moved to Indiana now, but i stayed in California. lol... In the past all the nhra pro classes were Fri through Sun except at Pomona which was Thur through Sun, and Indy which is Fri through Mon. But, starting in 2014 all of the pro classes will be Fri through Sun except at Indy. Most of the teams stack the haulers in pre pit on Tue and then Nhra has our pit spots marked and ready to let us start parking and setting up on Wed morning after they park the manufacters trailers.

There was a good crowd and the weather was awesome, even Joe Gibbs was there hanging out. They had one of the old JGR nascar haulers there with one of Kyles Monster Energy Drink cars set up and they would take a group fans and put them on teams to time them in pit stops. It was a pretty popular attraction. I recorded the race so now i can watch it after the football games today and see how much of the action i missed.:D

Last edited:
It's kind of funny because when i stop at a travel plaza or a rest area and a family that doesn't know a lot about racing walks over to me usually the first thing they ask me is if there is a Nascar inside. Whats funny is that there is a huge wrap of a funny car on the side of the trailer and there are letters across the top that says nitro funny car.:) I had 3 semi trucks before i was 22 years old and i was around racing from an early age also, so i had a lot of experience around trucking and race cars when i sold my trucks in 1989 and decided to pursue a career in racing. Even though i lived in Indiana where a lot of the indy car and dirt car teams were, i liked drag racing so i moved to California where a lot of the drag racing teams were. The funny thing is that most of the drag racing teams have moved to Indiana now, but i stayed in California. lol... In the past all the nhra pro classes were Fri through Sun except at Pomona which was Thur through Sun, and Indy which is Fri through Mon. But, starting in 2014 all of the pro classes will be Fri through Sun except at Indy. Most of the teams stack the haulers in pre pit on Tue and then Nhra has our pit spots marked and ready to let us start parking and setting up on Wed morning after they park the manufacters trailers.
Awesome! Thanks for the insight.

Wouldn't surprise me if Stewart had a concussion. He was pretty out of it when he face planted.

Wouldn't surprise me if Stewart had a concussion. He was pretty out of it when he face planted.

If he got hurt at all no one has said anything.

Lets hope we dont lose anyone this early in the season, Stewart is one tough guy and I think he was more pissed than anything that he threw one away

Yeah man, my thoughts exactly.

I'm pretty happy for Roczen though. He was one of my favorites in the 250 class and was the last one I would have expected to win. It was pretty awesome seeing the Kmart Trail Master (KTM) squad get a one-two finish. :)

I'm still trying to decide if i want to go to A-2 or go to a little Chili Bowl party and watch the Chili Bowl on tv the same night. I think i might just go to the A-2 pit party during the day and then go watch the Chili Bowl that night.

Well, the decision just got easier because my buddy just scored some free tickets for us in some really good seats, and we are going to do some tailgating with brats and burgers.:cheers:

I've been very pleasantly surprised by the great response to this thread. Everyone knows their stuff and several attend the events. Very cool.

I've been very pleasantly surprised by the great response to this thread. Everyone knows their stuff and several attend the events. Very cool.
Thank you again Matthew2470 for getting the ball rolling here. It would not surprise me to see that motocross and dirt bikes are where the love for motorsports began for many of us. Just seeing names like Bultaco, CZ, Maico, and Husqvarna (or "Husky" as we preferred) relight the fuse!

Dont forget Ossa ------------- Penton-----------Dkw---------------Sachs and all the others.

Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaapt!

Trying to talk my Pops into Anaheim 2. We shall see.

Cannot wait to see this PHX layout.

ktm.jpg

Roger Decoster and the Red Bull KTM "dream team" Very lucky young men to work with a legend like Roger

You going kyle18?

Nope I cant really afford it this year but the kids got me tickets for three days of fun at PIR when Nascar comes here. :biggrin:
I got 2 new Kyle Busch shirts too !!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW

Nope I cant really afford it this year but the kids got me tickets for three days of fun at PIR when Nascar comes here. :biggrin:
I got 2 new Kyle Busch shirts too !!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW

Well look at you all happy. ;)

Anybody got predictions for the main event tonight ??? I will go with Dungey on the 5 for the win

I predict JS7 stays upright, resulting in a win.

I also think Poto will be fast. I heard was fastest in practice and number 1 qualifier... But lately he's been falling when it counts too.

Stupid basketball is over.................. Its a good thing they didnt piss me off :cool:

Stewart felt and crash at practice already. Jesus.

If he crashes one more time I think I'm done watching Supercross.

Stewart felt and crash at practice already. Jesus.

If he crashes one more time I think I'm done watching Supercross.

Awww quit !!! To damned early in the season to lose you, theres only a handfull of Supercross fans here

Awww quit !!! To damned early in the season to lose you, theres only a handfull of Supercross fans here

Oh I'm not saying I'd leave the board. I'm staying from here till November. ;)

LOL, I keep saying that but I'm full of ****.

:p

Same here. If I had a penny for every time I say I'd quit something I love watching and actually stop, I'd be one rich mofo.

Its frustrating as hell though.

Hopefully he stays upright tonight and gets some points. Cant afford to crash agsin and have a terrible finish if he wants to go for a third champ.

Back
Top Bottom